You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yeah i think very few have questioned Klopp overall , bit of a false premise to suggest peoples doubt in FSG is due to a lack of faith in Klopp no matter where you stand on the ownership arguement. If anything people are worried Klopp isn't getting what he needs to make this an era and a platform for the longterm future rather than a genius of a manager and motivator rinsing every bit of talent for all their worth before he moves on in 2 years having only achieved half of what he was capable of and a fan base wondering how the fuck anybody else replicates what he can do in the future. 

I dont believe for a second Klopp doesn't want a couple more in I'd be shocked to the core if he thought he can rely on players we have who are constantly injured. Ox will probably remain a Liverpool player because weve totally taken our eye off the ball with homegrown talent rules. I don't know why Adrian was given an extension if we are struggling with that quota.

Fair enough, if that's how you see it.

I'd invite you to go and read every summer thread since he started as manager, and in particular, those before we won a trophy.

The only season we didn't win anything post Kiev, was last season - and this had very little to do with FSG.

Unless you're suggesting FSG wanted Fabinho as 4th choice centre back.

It's not as if we didn't have the money made available. We bought 2 players for 60 mil - one of whom got injured for 3 months in a dead rubber.

We also just bought a centre back for 40 mil without selling anyone, so the money was clearly there.

On a final note and on the bit on bold - who's that on?

57 minutes ago, an tha said:

"Allowing nomark players to leave on frees will make Liverpool millions"

Edwards gets a lot of praise and rightly so - some of the fees we’ve received from average players has been incredible.

Also signing some top players for decent fees.

Not sure if the buck stops with him or the owners but letting first team regulars like Emre Can and Gini run down their contracts doesn’t look smart to me. 

I’m also a bit concerned what our plans are with Salah he’s a couple of years left on his contract- it’s getting to the stage of us giving him better terms / start the process of trying to sell him or leave it run down like Gini contract. Going to be interesting to see what approach we take on that.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

assume he ran down his contract? We’ll still get a small fee and sell on (like we had to with ings and Elliot) so hopefully he does well and earns us some bucks later down the line.

As he's moved abroad, we'll actually get a pittance of about 250 grand under UEFA rules, according to the Echo.

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

Edwards gets a lot of praise and rightly so - some of the fees we’ve received from average players has been incredible.

Also signing some top players for decent fees.

Not sure if the buck stops with him or the owners but letting first team regulars like Emre Can and Gini run down their contracts doesn’t look smart to me. 

I’m also a bit concerned what our plans are with Salah he’s a couple of years left on his contract- it’s getting to the stage of us giving him better terms / start the process of trying to sell him or leave it run down like Gini contract. Going to be interesting to see what approach we take on that.

It's not just Salah, Its Mane, VVD, Fabinho, Henderson, Alisson that all have 2 years left.

With Can, I think the deal breaker was that he wanted a release clause and after Suarez we decided we wouldn't allow any of our players to have them.

• Upvote 1

With Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones we don’t exactly need a youth project for midfield and if we did I’m sure we’d have been in for Michael Olise. We probably want someone who falls in to the £35m/70k a week category. I won’t be surprised if we make a late play for Bissouma.

Breaking news.

Just spoke to a Red supporting jock in the local supermarket.

He told me we've just signed a player for 39 million and are signing another player for 90 million later today who Chelski can't afford.

He didn't know their names.

Just breaking good news.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We've got the best manager in the world, and we know we have him until 2024 (but almost certainly no longer). While I'm confident that even the current squad without the injuries we had last season will easily get 2nd (and possibly challenge for the title), this just seems such a wasted opportunity to pretty much guarantee success for the next 3 years.

40 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The article also says if we're to buy it'll be a young talent with potential to improve, as per our recent model, and it'd be a major surprise we didn't add at least 1 player before the window closes.

IMO, an attacker is more urgently needed than a midfielder. 

It seems that our current model (barring a few exceptions) is mid twenties for a decent fee where we can be fairly sure of what we’re getting, or 16-17 year olds for the youth team.

We’re avoiding the expensive punts on 19-21 year old “next big things”.