You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

16 hours ago, lebron said:

I don't think it'll be that competitive....

Us and City will pass the 90 pt mark. The others will languish 12-15 pts behind.

I'm not a spread better, but I saw the odds the other day. I can't remember exactly what the spread is, but if we do get 90+ points, we'll beat it by some distance. I can imagine a few fans having a bit of that.

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

I think the Sturridge example is good it also reminds me of Agger both really talented players but both players struggled to play at the top level when they were asked to play a couple of games a week they would keep breaking down.

I think Agger mentioned when he retired his body wasn't able to handle the demands.

Its looking like a similar situation with Ox and Keita - its irrelevant to me how talented they potentially are if they can't play. 

Theres nothing surer than Keita starting the season for us looking great his fanboys wetting themselves over a turn or great pass he makes.

He'll go off with a 'minor injury' after a couple of matches and we might see him again in November.

Has Keita got fanboys? 

3 hours ago, Mark M said:

He'll go off with a 'minor injury' after a couple of matches and we might see him again in November.

That's been the biggest problem with him, compounded by always swanning off to play for a national team that is run by idiots only to come back broken.

Just now, an tha said:

A midfielder and a versatile forward and i'd fancy us to really challenge for the title and the european cup.

Adding neither IMO puts us more in top 4 battle and hopeful of a good european run.

Pretty much what I feel we need too. Ox and naby are not really worth considering as part of the squad due to their lack of fitness limiting their availability. The less said about Origi the better. 

if we just got an attacker I’d feel a lot better about next season as it stands I think with a fair wind we could do well but that’s a big if.

on a side note has their been any links for Minamino to go? He’s a good player who would thrive in Europe so I’m surprised there aren’t a few in for him.

On 27/07/2021 at 16:07, Strontium Dog™ said:

People say he hasn't done enough in a red shirt, but I'd suggest even the greatest players would struggle to contribute much from the bench.

There not on the bench though being great, and the fact that he scored 3 goals for Switzerland doesn't change the fact he has done practically fuck all apart from a few memorable contributions. The fact is that like Origi he is not fucking good enough.

Just looking at the pics from training today, do people not think lack of transfers is not all on FSG? (They have made a lot of mistakes and this isn't either a pro or anti FSG post)

As an opinion, maybe Klopp prefers a certain limit on his squad so as to lose that "togetherness".

Also maybe Klopp could have bought a CB in January but would rather gamble on not and get his first choice in the summer?

I don't think Klopp is the sort to be dictated to but what do I know!?

I guess what I'm saying is FSG says relax! 

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They forced Wijnaldum out of the club.

Some say aRdja’s gravest crimes were the hundreds of young male students he drugged and bummed in Manchester, but single-handledly running Gini out of the club tops the lot in my book. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Pretty much what I feel we need too. Ox and naby are not really worth considering as part of the squad due to their lack of fitness limiting their availability. The less said about Origi the better. 

if we just got an attacker I’d feel a lot better about next season as it stands I think with a fair wind we could do well but that’s a big if.

on a side note has their been any links for Minamino to go? He’s a good player who would thrive in Europe so I’m surprised there aren’t a few in for him.

Hopefully someone will buy him because one thing is for certain he isn't going to do the business for us.

People have been questioning Klopp's squad policy, and loyalty to players, since day 1 - me included.

They questioned him the season we got to Kiev.

They questioned him the season we won #6

They questioned him the season we won #19

They questioned him last season, when we were still the best team in the league by a distance, even with our 2 main centre backs injured, until Matip got done.

This will never change, he'll continue not to give a fuck, and we'll continue to win trophies.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, m0e said:

People have been questioning Klopp's squad policy, and loyalty to players, since day 1 - me included.

They questioned him the season we got to Kiev.

They questioned him the season we won #6

They questioned him the season we won #19

They questioned him last season, when we were still the best team in the league by a distance, even with our 2 main centre backs injured, until Matip got done.

This will never change, he'll continue not to give a fuck, and we'll continue to win trophies.

Yeah i think very few have questioned Klopp overall , bit of a false premise to suggest peoples doubt in FSG is due to a lack of faith in Klopp no matter where you stand on the ownership arguement. If anything people are worried Klopp isn't getting what he needs to make this an era and a platform for the longterm future rather than a genius of a manager and motivator rinsing every bit of talent for all their worth before he moves on in 2 years having only achieved half of what he was capable of and a fan base wondering how the fuck anybody else replicates what he can do in the future. 

I dont believe for a second Klopp doesn't want a couple more in I'd be shocked to the core if he thought he can rely on players we have who are constantly injured. Ox will probably remain a Liverpool player because weve totally taken our eye off the ball with homegrown talent rules. I don't know why Adrian was given an extension if we are struggling with that quota.

• Upvote 2