You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

It could also be that if Shaqiri goes to Lazio, they will sell Luis Alberto, which will generate money for us due to his sell on clause. 

I was planning to concoct an Echo parody headline about how Luis Alberto transfer clause could earn Liverpool millions, but it's already a real headline

Luis Alberto masterstroke could make Liverpool millions this summer - Liverpool Echo

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, if that one performance against fourth-tier opposition in a training camp game doesn't convince us, what will*?

*have never watched the guy, got no idea how good he actually is.

His 7 goals are on YT.  

First 3 just tapped in from 6 yards, then a pen, then a nice finish and a couple more decent strikes but the oppo were dreadful.  

Lot to be said though for just standing around the six yard box....

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

United rumoured to be giving Varane about 102 million in wages over the next 5 years. That's close to 400k a week. 

Those glazers are tight bastards. Can only see more protests ahead 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Someone had to fill the Alexis Sanchez hole.

Plenty of people on here were wetting their pants when Sanchez went to United and complaing that we didnt compete for the top players. Let’s hope this one ends the same way. 

They’ve brought in plenty of good players the last few years without the team getting much better. I think that will continue to be the case.

I'm going to make a controversial statement in the transfer thread....

I'm happy with what we have.

I also think we'll be City's main competitior for the league, and we'll go deep in the CL.

Reasons for this?

1. We've got the best (or 2nd best) manager in the league, definitely the best at working without an unlimited budget.

2. We still have the best starting eleven in the league when everyone is fit.

3. The crowds will be back.

4. The ONE area of the field that completely decimated us last year has been repaired and strengthened.

5. Our players and leaders on the field (as well as the manager) will be hungry as fuck to set the record straight.

Also, apart from City, who has better depth than us? Assuming Shaq is leaving, I guess this would be our two best line-ups. I personally prefer Gomez to Matip because of his pace, but as he's been out so long, he'll probably have to wait for his chance.

---------------------Allison----------------------

Trent-------Matip--------Vvd----------Robbo

------------------Fabinho-----------------------

----Henderson-----------Thiago--------------

Salah--------------Firmino-------------Mane

--------------------Kelleher---------------------

Williams-----Gomez----Konate----Tsimikas

--------------------Milner-----------------------

----------Jones------------Keita---------------

----Elliott---------Ox/Origi----------Jota------

I'm comfortable with all the players not in bold playing 10+ league games for us. Ideally we would have kept Gini and sold one of Ox/Keita, as that would have given us fewer days on the treatment table, but all these players know the system well by now, and should be able to contribute when given the chance. 

Nothing to worry about then? Well, I hope that whinging supporters on social media and in the stadium don't take us back to the days when Klopp had to will the supporters to SUPPORT the players from the stands. Hopefully the days of groans and sighs will be replaced with enthusiasm and a belief that Anfield is still a fortress and our players, manager and supporters are "back to normal".

On the field, the usual suspects in black (or whatever colour they are wearing these days) completely fudging up the rules of the game is the only other thing that really worries me.

Let's get behind the boys, and hope for a fast start to our league and CL campaign to get the doubters back on the believe train again!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2