You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

14 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Hot take. 

HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT MY HOT TAKE THAT YOU CAN'T DISPROVE UNTIL THE CLUB SIGNS SOMEONE THEN I'LL JUST VANISH BUT ITS OK COS IVE GAINED 800 MORE FOLLOWERS JOB DONE

So this is your admission that you are behind The Anfield Talk account. Hmmm….

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So our summer business essentially boils down to allowing our most reliable midfielder to leave on a free, flogging a bunch of fringe players, and signing a defender to displace a fan favourite.

Well, until Salah leaves on deadline day.

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So our summer business essentially boils down to allowing our most reliable midfielder to leave on a free, flogging a bunch of fringe players, and signing a defender to displace a fan favourite.

You make it sound like a bad thing. 

2 hours ago, therevivalist said:

I think we'll be alright as long as Ole is in charge.

Throw enough money and penalties at them and he might do alright. Thing is they want the league and CL, the latter will rely on some modicum of tactical nous the former consistency and the need for city and Chelsea to fuck up. We are more likely to fail to challenge though due to our seemingly lack of quality past the first 15 or so.

14 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I get that there's still plenty of time to sign someone but too many bits of news all saying we won't be signing anyone is a bit worrying.

Can only hope Edwards is playing a great double bluff.

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool's academy can make the club millions...

To be fair that’s pretty fucking good. Not quite Chelsea level good, but not so long ago our best prospects used to always end up at Accrington Stanley. 

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

To be fair that’s pretty fucking good. Not quite Chelsea level good, but not so long ago our best prospects used to always end up at Accrington Stanley. 

I agree. I don’t know why there are some snipey posts. 

Not everybody is going to be Gerrard, Owen, McManaman, Trent etc but if we can make good money off those we deem not good enough, surely that’s a positive? 

It’s a far preferable position to what we had under latter day Houllier, Benitez & Rodgers where the players were clearly not good enough and we made fuck all on them. 

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Saw this on Reddit and they’ve overlaid the actually spend in the second pic. Obvs city’s revenue is a bit of a joke but there are more than a few clubs who would be screwed. Just look at our neighbours.. I fear for them I really do.

34124BB5-607B-4579-9B04-BA79C5676E03.jpeg

D641C2DD-49A2-4E37-B6FD-2EFAEEA5AA37.jpeg

They are really badly run.

Wages as a % of turnover is about 85% and highest in league.

Their revenue simply isn't growing even before covid and they overpay for shite.

They could be in real trouble if keep going way are.