You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

When you look at the homegrown forwards who will be obtainable (under £40m) and might actually do a job for us the options are scarce and mostly shit. Ings, Abraham, maybe Eze, Iheanacho maybe Patty Bam Bam. Ollie Watkins won’t be going anywhere. Makes the decision to tie Adrian down all the more baffling when you consider he’s third choice but potentially blocking us signing far more important players. I wonder if we’d have taken a punt on Olise if we had the finances in place, we are meant to after a project in midfield and he’d fit the bill. Weird summer.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

The Scott M character on the transfer and fsg threads is excellent. Which poster created it by the way? 

I’m retiring him. I’ve finally decided I’ve fighting a losing battle. 

I might change my username to Dawn Butler. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So is it like Danny ings where it's a season long loan and then a guaranteed transfer in 12 months? 

Think that was more to do with not being able to get the transfer paperwork over the line before the deadline.

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Liverpool have let Fulham defer the £12m until next season as they would have been investigated for FFP breaches if they had paid us this year.

Doesn’t really matter does it? I doubt they’d be paying us the £12m in one go anyway & likely spread over instalments. So instead of 4 instalments of £3m, we’ll get 3 instalments of £4m. Or something. 

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The home grown rule is simple

Sell

Karius,Adrian,Shaqiri,Origi,Keita, Miamino

Sign

Bellingham,Grealish,Ryan Gravenberch and Haaland. 

Easy this, not sure why Edwards gets paid so much 

I know your post in jest but I have a feeling Bellingham is the one we are after. Not saying what year mind thinking he will suit our needs come the time . 

55 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Think that was more to do with not being able to get the transfer paperwork over the line before the deadline.

But has he actually left us permanently now and we're just letting them not pay cash till next season? I don't know how championship ffp works, but I don't think it would help if it was UEFA ffp if the move was permanent now. That just becomes a cashflow issue. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

But has he actually left us permanently now and we're just letting them not pay cash till next season? I don't know how championship ffp works, but I don't think it would help if it was UEFA ffp if the move was permanent now. That just becomes a cashflow issue. 

BBC reporting on their Welsh language site that he has actually signed for them until 2026. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's gone.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/438856-harry-wilson-completes-transfer-to-fulham

Don't know how true deferring the fee is or of course how that impacts our pot we are building from sales to use to buy.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Juve himself have loaned him from Fiorentina so I don't understand how they are saying we bid to Juve.

Juve have an obligation to buy after next season.  We’ve not bid for him anyway.