You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Don't think it's worthwhile comparing Bowen to players we already have that we know aren't very good. Compare him to the players who we'd miss out on by spending £35m on him.

Also you have to assess how much a player can actually impact the team on the pitch. There's no point spending £35m on an attacker who plays 700 minutes + cup games when you could have put the money towards a £50m midfielder who plays 3000 minutes with crucial contributions in late stage CL games. Look at how Edwards and Klopp worked to improve the squad over his first few seasons here, it wasn't a big overhaul, it was a gradual evolution based around bringing in the absolute best player we could get.

Basically if Bowen is the best forward we can attract right now for whatever reason, save the cash and buy Camavinga instead.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Bowen is better than Origi and Minamino, and more suited to our style than Shaq. So long as he’s not seen as Salah’s long term replacement I’d be really happy with the purchase. 

I know I mentioned similar to that last night but I’ve been thinking about it a bit more. 

Although in my opinion he would be an improvement, is he the best we could get with the £35m it would allegedly cost?

For that money, as I said last night, he wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of my list, but our analytics department have proved to be right more often than not recently and we have a history of historically improving players. 

I’m remaining on the fence - From

the limited amount of times I’ve seen him, I quite like him as a player, but I’m not convinced he’s good enough for us. 

11 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Non-Liverpool related but apparently Arsenal are after Aaron Ramsdale, and Sheff Utd are after £30m to £32m for him!

A fucking awful keeper who lest we forget has been relegated 2 seasons running with different sides, and it's £30m plus!! Ridiculous, is this the English premium again?

They kept the German lad and sold Martinez last summer. As dumb as transaction as you will find. Ramsdale would be the icing on a very shit cake.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

They kept the German lad and sold Martinez last summer. As dumb as transaction as you will find. Ramsdale would be the icing on a very shit cake.

If the best Arsenal can spend >£80m is Ben White (who is decent but they’ve been fleeced there) and Arron Ramsdale, then I think the comments from other posters about “COVID19 / Lack of CL hasn’t effected them” is somewhat dumb. 

There are still more holes in that squad than a sieve. 

40 minutes ago, Remmie said:

If you are playing the Muller defence then you need to make a more puerile pun and include his master of comedy face gif/image at the bottom of your post

That was supposed to be a sad Muller face. 
Never mind, my pun skills obviously need work.

• Upvote 1