You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

So that's £100m plus on two players. No sign of Covid affecting them. 

Arsenal fans hate their owners yet they've bought Pepe for £72m, Aubameyang for £40m as Well as Lacazette for a similar fee and they haven't been in the CL for 3 years. 

Entitled. 

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Arsenal fans hate their owners yet they've bought Pepe for £72m, Aubameyang for £40m as Well as Lacazette for a similar fee and they haven't been in the CL for 3 years. 

Pepe was in 5 instalments so they’re on the hook for him for a while.

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

That is probably why they hate them.

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think there's a bit of football snobbery in the posts here about Bowen. He's clearly not a Championship player. He's held his own in the Premier League and seems to have some attributes which could make him an option for our system. But, he's definitely not a top level player. It largely depends what we want him for. If there's interest in Origi, we'll need somebody to come in and replace him. But, with the likes of Bowen etc, the optimum time would be to sign them straight from their original lower league club, before they've made the move to a smaller scale Premier League club like West Ham. But, such a transfer approach would involve a bit of a punt. 

I agree with all that.

As for the bolded bit - neither were Salah, Mane, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Robertson etc etc etc and have all gone onto be amongst the best players in the world in their respective positions. We / Klopp have turned good players into great players.

Whether Bowen could hit those heights, I’m not in a position to comment. He wouldn’t be my first choice (far from it) but I think he’d contribute more than Shaq, Minamino & Origi have been doing.

I do wonder what WHU would want for him? Wikipedia says they bought him for £18m + up to £7m in add ons. Given English tax and WHU knowing how much players improve under us, it wouldn’t surprise me if they priced us out of any deal.

8 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Moves wouldn't sell to us no doubt anyway with him being an ex-Bitter & Manc.

The Moyesiah wouldn’t have any choice in the matter - The Dildo Brothers would take the decision out his hands.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The Moyesiah wouldn’t have any choice in the matter - The Dildo Brothers would take the decision out his hands.

I don't think you and dockers get to decide west hams transfer policy, mate.

What? It's a joke.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

20210721_214516.jpg

"Now the money you've banked from selling Grujic, that's safe! Do you want to gamble on selling Hendo to see if you can afford the yacht?"

"Oh John, after all those sales and no buys you've won fuck all!"

"Look at yacht you could have won!"

Non-Liverpool related but apparently Arsenal are after Aaron Ramsdale, and Sheff Utd are after £30m to £32m for him!

A fucking awful keeper who lest we forget has been relegated 2 seasons running with different sides, and it's £30m plus!! Ridiculous, is this the English premium again?

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Non-Liverpool related but apparently Arsenal are after Aaron Ramsdale, and Sheff Utd are after £30m to £32m for him!

A fucking awful keeper who lest we forget has been relegated 2 seasons running with different sides, and it's £30m plus!! Ridiculous, is this the English premium again?

I think they just want to offload all that surplus Aaron Ramsey gear they were stuck with. Just needs a quick adjustment and it's good to go.

2 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Bit weird these Henry leaks bad mouthing Hendo. I’m reassured knowing my dad happily paid £50 just to call him a cunt every time he passed sideways. Not heard a peep out of him for the last 4 years. 

What has been said?

I did wonder if Henderson going strongly against The Superleague might have ruffled some feathers behind the scenes.

It all come from Tony Evans spouting off. He's knows fuck all and hasn't for a long time. The only shit he tweets these days is how dead scouse he is and drinking. 

While it wouldn't shock me if certain parts of the backroom staff are happy to let him go just seems alot of 2+2 crap going on. 

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Give 'em Karius. Free plus a set of steak knives.