You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Villa and Purslow still playing championship manager. They have spent about 240m and sold 10m worth of players in 3 years. The outgoings are the sign of a shitly run football club. Players signed as hopeful midrange punts (£4m-8m) are given away 2 years later having barely kicked a ball. There are loads of them, it's either incredible incompetence or someone is making a killing on these deals. 

I had an open mind about Bowen. "Maybe Michael Edwards has seen something I haven't," I thought.

Then I watched this video, which seems to have been put together by someone who hates Jarrod Bowen and wants to make him look as terrible as possible, while pretending that the video features his "highlights." Got as far at 2 or 3 minutes in, it's mostly just him being fouled or putting in a hopeful cross. Yikes.

Just now, Ne Moe Imya said:

I had an open mind about Bowen. "Maybe Michael Edwards has seen something I haven't," I thought.

Then I watched this video, which seems to have been put together by someone who hates Jarrod Bowen and wants to make him look as terrible as possible, while pretending that the video features his "highlights." Got as far at 2 or 3 minutes in, it's mostly just him being fouled or putting in a hopeful cross. Yikes.

I’m fairly sure he rarely completes 90mins as well. 

The wage bill will obviously be huge if we don't sell or loan people out. We have too many players! Probably another 6-7 to sell (Grujic and Awoniyi is a good start) and a midfielder and forward to sign.

Given we already have Salah Mane Firmino and Jota up front I'd be quite happy taking a punt on a young forward who Klopp can develop.

13 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m fairly sure he rarely completes 90mins as well. 

I wouldn't read anything into that, rigid managers like Moyes will never change their back 4 or 2 sitters. That leaves 3 replacements from the 4 attackers on the pitch. Go right back through Moyes career and it will be wingers being his first sub 95% of the time.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Bowen shout is the exact same as the McGinn one from earlier; there's no way we sign him and I don't think he's even available. Contract till 2025. I don't know who is telling Pearce this stuff and why it's coming out, but it's nonsense once again. 

It's the transfer equivalent of Operation Mincemeat, and Pearce is the body on the beach.

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

So another Jack Grealish?