You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Sources claim Takumi Minamino is likely to remain at the club this season. 

Outlet: @Goal

Journalist: @neiljonesgoal

If this is true then this takes us to the maximum of 17 non home grown players for next season.  It means we will have to sell at least one of Shaqiri or Origi to bring in another player, unless they are 20 or under. 

I read that Southampton wanted to keep Minamino, maybe they will come back in for him if Ings moves on?

59 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If this is true then this takes us to the maximum of 17 non home grown players for next season.  It means we will have to sell at least one of Shaqiri or Origi to bring in another player, unless they are 20 or under. 

I read that Southampton wanted to keep Minamino, maybe they will come back in for him if Ings moves on?

Allegedly talks are progressing with Lazio.

Bit of a shame, I like Shaq. At least he has quality, which is significantly more than the other two have shown. 

Sounds like with Grujic, that Nigerian lad, Wilson, Phillips & Shaq, we might be getting >£50m in sales in the next week or so.

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

With neither VVD or Gomez playing today, its a reminder that they many not be 100% by the start of the season and will need to be managed through the season. 

I would prefer it if we kept Nat Phillips until January at least, however it looks like we need to sell him to be able to buy another midfielder/forward.

Also considering how Matip played, maybe we should keep Phillips!

At least we got to see Ben Davies actually exists.

Provided the Pogba thing goes through…

Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria

Pogba, Verrati, Wijnaldum

Helluva front six and they’ve got quality on the bench as well.

Donnarumma in goal, that twat Ramos, Kimbembe, Marquinhos, Hakimi, Bernat.  

They’re gonna go all the way in the CL at some point. Could be their year. 

9 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

So, to go Footy Manager for a minute, the state of play would appear to be:

Sold:

Grujic £10.5m

Awoniyi (imminent) £6.5m

Millar £1m

Grabbara £3m

Total: £21M

Actively looking to sell:

Wilson £10-12m

Shaqiri £10-15m

Karius £Packet of Skittles

Ojo £2m

Woodburn £1m

Origi £12-15m

Probably looking to sell but not too fussed:

Phillips £12-15m

Williams £10m

Davies £5m

Will almost certainly sell but only if we can get a decent offer:

Ox £20-25m

Keita £25m

Minamino £15-20m

Unlikely but outside chance:

Hendo - Can't even put a price on what we might ask for him if he went. Fuck knows.

Obviously could be out on some of those figures, especially when it comes to Ox, Keita and Minamino since we don't appear to have leaked potential prices to the press, but should be there or thereabouts. 

If we can add the ones we are actively looking to sell to the ones already sold then we're probably looking around £60m. Even if Shaqiri or Origi stay but we sell Phillips or Williams then you are probably looking around the same amount received for incomings.

That's potentially a lot of outgoings, and I  doubt it will work out that we will sell everyone we want to, but I hope we just cut the asking price and get rid of most of them. With the exception of Phillips all of those players offered fuck all last season. Getting shot of one of Ox, Keita or Taki would be nice and a decent boost to any transfer fund we may have.

Of course, we'd have a tiny squad if most of that did come off so at a minimum we'd need a new midfielder, forward and backup right back.

I am very bored in work.

People get to work at the end of July ? 

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria

Could be in with a chance of Ligue 1 this year. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

With neither VVD or Gomez playing today, its a reminder that they many not be 100% by the start of the season and will need to be managed through the season. 

I would prefer it if we kept Nat Phillips until January at least, however it looks like we need to sell him to be able to buy another midfielder/forward.

Yeah I'm wondering if we're not pulling the trigger on other signings yet because we may decide to go back in for another big CB if this pre-season doesn't pan out for those two and Matip.  

Ben White gone now, but TBH I don't think we'd have offered £50m for him, that is mad money. 

Aw

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah they you go past the headline and read. 

In the opinion of Sunday world collumist John Aldridge 

Should he really want out, the sooner the better so we have ample time to get in a quality replacement. I'm sure we'll get a nine-digit fee, I mean the base of course.

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria

You gonna stick some money on it?

18 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

So, to go Footy Manager for a minute, the state of play would appear to be:

Sold:

Grujic £10.5m

Awoniyi (imminent) £6.5m

Millar £1m

Grabbara £3m

Total: £21M

Actively looking to sell:

Wilson £10-12m

Shaqiri £10-15m

Karius £Packet of Skittles

Ojo £2m

Woodburn £1m

Origi £12-15m

Probably looking to sell but not too fussed:

Phillips £12-15m

Williams £10m

Davies £5m

Will almost certainly sell but only if we can get a decent offer:

Ox £20-25m

Keita £25m

Minamino £15-20m

Unlikely but outside chance:

Hendo - Can't even put a price on what we might ask for him if he went. Fuck knows.

Obviously could be out on some of those figures, especially when it comes to Ox, Keita and Minamino since we don't appear to have leaked potential prices to the press, but should be there or thereabouts. 

If we can add the ones we are actively looking to sell to the ones already sold then we're probably looking around £60m. Even if Shaqiri or Origi stay but we sell Phillips or Williams then you are probably looking around the same amount received for incomings.

That's potentially a lot of outgoings, and I  doubt it will work out that we will sell everyone we want to, but I hope we just cut the asking price and get rid of most of them. With the exception of Phillips all of those players offered fuck all last season. Getting shot of one of Ox, Keita or Taki would be nice and a decent boost to any transfer fund we may have.

Of course, we'd have a tiny squad if most of that did come off so at a minimum we'd need a new midfielder, forward and backup right back.

I am very bored in work.

I read that and thought, "we're fucked"

One thing we don't generally pay attention to is the betting odds. I wouldn't rely on them but they indicate where money is going (possibly some inside knowledge).

To sign for Liverpool:

Renato Sanchez 5/4

Raphinha 5/2

Kylian Mbappe 3/1

Aaron Ramsey 3/1

Donyell Malen 10/3

Piotr Zielinski 7/2

Youri Tielemans 11/4

Yves Bissouma 4/1

Fabian Ruiz 9/2

Saul Niguez 5/1

Kingsley Coman 11/2

Patrik Schick 6/1

Alexander Isak 6/1

John McGinn 6/1

Luis Suarez 6/1

Adama Traore 8/1

Pedro Neto 8/1

Dusan Vhalovic 10/1

Houssem Aouar 10/1

Jude Bellingham 10/1

Ousmane Dembele 10/1

Matheus Cunha 12/1

A few surprises there. Ramsey?????? Hmmm. I don't see Mbappe either due to wages. Have to do some research on Fabian Ruiz.

There's no way we'll be bringing in another centre half. Would be insane not to keep Phillips until at least January, though, given that Matip (!) and Konate are the only other senior centre halves who might be fit by the start of the season. 

• Upvote 1

Hendo & Mo out. Mbappe in. Williams, Shaq, Origi, Minimino, Wilson, Grujic etc will enable us to get Sanchez & a RB too. I’m hearing.

I have a contact at the club, he collects the bins in Northwood. Michael Edwards came out to put load of cans in the recycling & he got talking to him. Said the fans will be very happy when it all comes off. Said we couldn’t pass the opportunity of signing Mbappe whilst he was keen to work with Klopp. So sacrifices will have to be made. Hendo wants silly wages & Mo has been agitating for a while, them 2 alone off the wage bill plus the transfer fees, will pay for Mbappe. Sanches wants a relatively low wage. So it’ll be a good deal for 2 young players, with big sell ons,  whilst getting rid of 2 ageing players. *taps nose*

Interesting. I like Bowen, not sure he’s good enough for us. 

FEFDF571-469B-45B3-BA97-063C16E8B44C.png

Rest of the article says we need to

sell Shaq & Origi first, Klopp is a fan due to his playing style & versatility and even if we don’t sign him, we’ll continue to monitor.

ie The amount of times Pearce rehashes this type of story, it’s the type of article he likely writes in his sleeps. 

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

There's no way we'll be bringing in another centre half. Would be insane not to keep Phillips until at least January, though, given that Matip (!) and Konate are the only other senior centre halves who might be fit by the start of the season. 

Depends on how highly we rate Rhys Williams. If he's viewed as a possible first team player for the long term then selling Phillips makes some sense. I'd prefer to keep him but if he's sold it will be a clear indication we felt he was outperforming his ability. In fairness to Klopp and Edwards they have been right more than wrong, whatever decision they make will be the right one.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Interesting. I like Bowen, not sure he’s good enough for us. 

FEFDF571-469B-45B3-BA97-063C16E8B44C.png

Yeah I like him. Very direct, real quick and PL proven. Would make a good squad player, but never going to reach Salah or Mane’s level.