You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

As usual mate theres always an insult thrown in, you were doing so well.

As far as I'm concerned the club, whether Nike set the prices or not, can't cry poverty for investing in the squad whilst charging extortionate prices for merchandise. But i can't be arsed going over old ground. In 6 weeks, if no one new is through the door and we struggle, expect a backlash.

So Barca, Spurs and Inter can claim the same as well then?

Unfortunately, it's the same the world over. Sports clubs change massively over the top of merchandise but people buy it. It's not right, but we're not the only ones.

If you don't like it, you have 2 options - 1) Don't buy it 2) Buy from DHgate.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So a plain piece of material that looks like a knock off is wholly justified at 35 quid?

No, hence why I said £35 is still ridiculous.

I genuinely think you're the dumbest poster whose ever been on here. At least Simon Green was amusing at times, you're just thick and boring. 

Beefy mate are you really struggling to understand why selling an item for tens of pounds means we cannot buy a different item for tens of millions of pounds? All feelings on the value for money of replica kits aside, do you understand how many would have to be sold for us to be able to fund even one player purchase?

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

So Barca, Spurs and Inter can claim the same as well then?

Unfortunately, it's the same the world over. Sports clubs change massively over the top of merchandise but people buy it. It's not right, but we're not the only ones.

If you don't like it, you have 2 options - 1) Don't buy it 2) Buy from DHgate.

No, hence why I said £35 is still ridiculous.

I genuinely think you're the dumbest poster whose ever been on here. At least Simon Green was amusing at times, you're just thick and boring. 

It was rhetorical.

If I'm thick and boring why do you keep replying to my posts? You are just a sad prick that likes to follow people around on a forum. You should be on RAWK. Probably are actually.

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Beefy mate are you really struggling to understand why selling an item for tens of pounds means we cannot buy a different item for tens of millions of pounds? All feelings on the value for money of replica kits aside, do you understand how many would have to be sold for us to be able to fund even one player purchase?

No mate. We are a multi billion dollar asset, with a worldwide global fanbase, massive merchandise streams and loads of commercial partnerships on board.

Its the crying poverty part of the story I can't stomach. We can't afford to spend modest amounts on a player without selling first. It just doesn't sit well.

It wasn't a direct correlation between selling shorts and funding players, obviously.

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

It was rhetorical.

If I'm thick and boring why do you keep replying to my posts? You are just a sad prick that like to follow people around on a forum. You should be on RAWK. Probably are actually.

I don’t follow people around.

I often look at and post in this thread, hence why I see the sheer nonsense postered. 

I don’t follow anybody about. Unfortunately posters who post a lot of shit, which you are definitely one of the main perpetrators (pooperators if you prefer) of means that I unfortunately see the majority of it.

If you stopped posting so much shit, I wouldn’t have to pick you up on it. Simples. 

FYI, I’m not on RAWK. I don’t even understand the supposed insult. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t follow people around.

I often look at and post in this thread, hence why I see the sheer nonsense postered. 

I don’t follow anybody about. Unfortunately posters who post a lot of shit, which you are definitely one of the main perpetrators (pooperators if you prefer) of means that I unfortunately see the majority of it.

If you stopped posting so much shit, I wouldn’t have to pick you up on it. Simples. 

FYI, I’m not on RAWK. I don’t even understand the supposed insult. 

If its utter nonsense why do you engage? Are you the forum police? 

You've been posting shite since I first came to the board but I don't worry myself over it like you do.

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If its utter nonsense why do you engage? Are you the forum police? 

You've been posting shite since I first came to the board but I don't worry myself over it like you do.

Like the post-Madrid Origi post that doesn’t exist?

If you don’t agree with some of my posts, I’m more than happy to discuss further, as I have done with other reasonable posters.

However, apart from replying to you, I’d like to think (hope) that I don’t continually make some boring point(s) over and over and over and over and over and over again. I engage because your tediousness makes the forum the a worse place. At least other posters attempted to make discussions of disagreements, you just keep making the same point and hope it turns true. 

19 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

No mate. We are a multi billion dollar asset, with a worldwide global fanbase, massive merchandise streams and loads of commercial partnerships on board.

Its the crying poverty part of the story I can't stomach. We can't afford to spend modest amounts on a player without selling first. It just doesn't sit well.

It wasn't a direct correlation between selling shorts and funding players, obviously.

The answer you're searching for is that big John, the club nor those at Nike give zero fucks about what little Beefychops thinks about their financial ordeals. They'll charge what people are going to pay and they'll buy whom and when they want to fund another yacht or two. You'll just have to learn to stomach it as you watch 11+ millionaires kick a ball of air around a green rectangle.

17 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

(pooperators if you prefer)

Reported.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I must admit I lost a couple of nights sleep over the price of our shorts but then one morning I woke up and said to myself “you haven’t bought a pair of football shorts in over 20 years”. Slept like a baby ever since. True story.

Exactly.

Who buys shorts at the club store?

Full kit wankers.