You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He was a very, very good player at Leeds. His injury record was never great though and there is no doubting he was always a bit of a fanny. 

He started really well for us as well. He scored like 12 goals or something before Xmas.

Then he lost all ability to run. 

Remember how we all went mad at Ged playing him on the right, rather than as a left winger?

Took about a decade before everyone was doing it.

• Upvote 1

Real and Barce take the piss. We are all told how they are the dream clubs for players to play for but they have to spend astronomical wages and transfer fees that financially cripple them. And some how they wriggle themselves out of the mess they put themselves in. 

I mean, at least Man City and Chelsea have ridiculously wealthy owners so although that's annoying, it's understandable. The two Spanish jokes though live widely beyond their means for years upon years. 

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Remember how we all went mad at Ged playing him on the right, rather than as a left winger?

Took about a decade before everyone was doing it.

A slight problem with that was Ged refusing to allow his full backs to cross the halfway line post 2001.

Our 'wingers' were most defensive than our full backs are today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Oh well, we tried, we failed, best keep our powder dry for another window.

Every team has lost money because of Covid; we'll not be held to ransom; we believe in FFP; we already have an excellent squad; we don't want to block the pathway for our youngsters to come through; the market is a little crazy at the moment...

Have I missed anything?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, m0e said:

Every team has lost money because of Covid; we'll not be held to ransom; we believe in FFP; we already have an excellent squad; we don't want to block the pathway for our youngsters to come through; the market is a little crazy at the moment...

Have I missed anything?

If the Mbappe song I’ve been working on all summer with ‘My Girl’ as the original source material isn’t gonna happen I’m going to be proper fucked off.

More fucked of than not having the Kabak song, that was a kick in the dick, this would be the final straw. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Atletico Madrid have rejected Liverpool's bid for Saul Niguez. The Reds offered £34m but the Spanish side value him higher [@mundodeportivo]

He's supposedly slipped down the pecking order at Atletico, hasnt he? No doubt, they want the PL premium for him.

23 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Oh well, we tried, we failed, best keep our powder dry for another window.

Did we give up after one bid for Mo? Or Sadio? Or (gulp!) Keita? I must have missed those multiple bids. Hey ho.

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Atletico Madrid have rejected Liverpool's bid for Saul Niguez. The Reds offered £34m but the Spanish side value him higher [@mundodeportivo]

Mundo Deportivo is a Barcelona mouthpiece. Although to my knowledge, they've never once written an article about how having Young Player X in the squad can save Barca millions, I think they're the ones trying to push the idea of a Saul/Griezmann swap deal, and a supposed rejected bid from us for the former fits their story.

6 hours ago, m0e said:

Have I missed anything?

No value in the market after an international tournament?