You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

10 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just reading that Barca have to come up with 200 million euro to register the new players they've already signed this summer, and it's got me thinking ...

Why not replace Gini with another Dutch midfielder? Frenkie hasn't impressed everyone there since he came (although this season he was better) and he's the perfect age to fill the hole Gini's departure has left in the squad. Come on, FSG, cough up a little money - you know it makes sense! He might cost 60m now but he'll be worth 120m after a couple of seasons dominating the midfield for Jurgen!

It's unlikely to happen but De Jong would be awesome for us. His ability to beat the press is amazing. As is his ball retention. 

A more realistic option would definitely be Sanches though. I wasn't sure about him after his dodgy spells at Bayern and Swansea but he seems to have matured a bit and looks a useful player. An absolute unit. Presses. Passes. Can surge past an opposition press with pace and power. Some of the footage of opponents just bouncing off him is funny. He's super, super strong. Plus, he does something which has largely been lacking with our midfielders - he's not afraid to have a pop ftom outside the box. And he's actually quite decent at doing that. 

I think he could actually do a job in one of the front 3 positions too. Not as a regular, but if needed there. 

If we can ship out the likes of Origi, Wilson, Williams and maybe Matip, Keita, Shaqiri and Phillips (I like the last 3 - maybe not Keita, that much - but I think that they have a limited future with us for one reason or another) and bring in Sanches and a forward, then that'd be half decent. 

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

I wonder what their obsession is with this? What happened to make people feel good about their club when reading articles like this? I think I miss the days of that fat cunt from koptalk. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I reckon the writers are on a bonus every time they cram "save millions" into a headline. Between that and "Bramley Moore update" they have made a fucking mint.

Haha, I have a mental image of them all in conference deciding on this weeks phrase that pays and how to use it in a headline!!

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Genk have allegedly made a 12m bid for Origi 

I’ve got nothing against Genk, but this hopefully gives the club an indication as to what level Div should be playing. He has done a few wonderful things during his time, but that time is definitely up.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wonder what their obsession is with this? What happened to make people feel good about their club when reading articles like this? I think I miss the days of that fat cunt from koptalk. 

It is weird stance they seem to be constantly taking - almost as if they have are managing expectations.....have to wonder if club are behind it.