You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

18 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Has anyone on here seen much of Stan Collymore at Nottingham Forest? Teddy Sheringham would be a very astute signing, in my opinion. Baggio in the Premier League would be boss but not for those twats.

E07B0D07-039C-4F48-8AA3-E0FD4CBFC6E0.png

Good player but is a bit of twat and likes wanking over car windscreens.

52 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

New signing completed completely under the radar. 

Yeah, but is he going to save FSG millions?

• Upvote 1

Fuck me the sheer complete and utter buzz of the transfer rumours then. Especially the foreign players as you'd never seen them and they sounded exotic. 

Quick call to clubcall to find out a bit more information. The original clickbait

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, etho said:

Fuck me the sheer complete and utter buzz of the transfer rumours then. Especially the foreign players as you'd never seen them and they sounded exotic. 

Quick call to clubcall to find out a bit more information. The original clickbait

My mate phoned one of them after it said "Liverpool linked with South American star". Waited 35 minutes to hear that there were a couple of rumours in a Uruguayan paper that we were going to buy Paolo Montero. His fuckin phone bill was about 40 quid.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

New signing completed completely under the radar. 

He can go in the summer. Or any of the other seasons which we value equally. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Clubcall could be phoned without paying on some payphones.

The ones where you put the money in when the call was answered - because you didn't need to speak you could just listen to it and not have to pay.

Thanks for letting me know...

3 decades later 

• Upvote 6

I accidentally ran up a £50 phonebill on clubcall,it was when we played Utd on Boxing Day '86 and I was checking the score,but didn't put the receiver down properly.It was a few hours later I noticed and it had been looping round,mum and dad weren't happy when that bill came in!

Haha the one time I called Clubcall was when we were about to sign Collymore despite there being pretty much daily updates for 3 weeks and they ended up saying exactly what was in teletext in the first place.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Good player but is a bit of twat and likes wanking over car windscreens.

In the days before the internet/ mobile phones,  I remember going out early on the Friday in the summer of 95 with my Blue Nose mate who thought they signed Collymore, claiming it was a turning point in them being more attractive than us.  

It was great waking him early the next morning on a bill comedown to a picture of Collymore in a red shirt! It all went downhill from there

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JoeBuck01 said:

In the days before the internet/ mobile phones,  I remember going out early on the Friday in the summer of 95 with my Blue Nose mate who thought they signed Collymore, claiming it was a turning point in them being more attractive than us.  

It was great waking him early the next morning on a bill comedown to a picture of Collymore in a red shirt! It all went downhill from there

that's why they never got over heysel. because we robbed them of stan collymore. now it makes sense. 

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Has anyone on here seen much of Stan Collymore at Nottingham Forest? Teddy Sheringham would be a very astute signing, in my opinion. Baggio in the Premier League would be boss but not for those twats.

E07B0D07-039C-4F48-8AA3-E0FD4CBFC6E0.png

Hearing Jack Walker doesn't see the need for Zidane, they have Tim Sherwood

Shevchenko to West Ham, bloody hell

Looks like we made the wrong call in the end with Collymore over Sheringham, though Stan should have been the best player in the league and that first season him and Robbie looked sensational

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

The echo has gone into fucking meltdown now. Its just article after article about how (insert random thing from the past) has saved Liverpool millions. Its utterly bizarre 

Clubcall can save FSG millions. 

How Kenny Dalglish wearing the same Adidas jacket for 3 seasons can save millions. 

FSG won't make John Houlding mistake which could save millions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

that's why they never got over heysel. because we robbed them of stan collymore. now it makes sense. 

A Dave Prentice article:

Clive Thomas disconnected Forest's fax machine but gave Liverpool his agent's phone number preventing Everton from making a bid. To this day there has been no explanation why he did it. It particularly riled Evertonians who believed that they were on the verge of dominance. 

• Upvote 1