You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Also a cautionary tale of how badly transfer flops can hurt even an incredibly rich club. Our hit rate over the past few seasons has been so good.

Yes, this is the truth.

They've bought utter utter shite and paid them loads of money. It hasn't come from fan pressure/expectations at all.

• Upvote 1

Yep it’s 200m according to the article I was sent on whatsapp, mental they are in this position. If only united could tank like this.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

200k. sounds like a coutinho sized problem. or does coutinho just get them to not being above it? 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Think it should be £200 mill

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Cautionary tale of consistently trying to appease the unrealistic expectations of an entitled fanbase.

The folly of expecting them to spend as much as Brighton and Villa has really caught up to them at last. The fans only have themselves to blame for their entitled shit.

3 minutes ago, Horus said:

The folly of expecting them to spend as much as Brighton and Villa has really caught up to them at last. The fans only have themselves to blame for their entitled shit.

Villa and Brighton? Dear fucking god. I really think some of our fan base look on at their neighbour buying a brand new car and think they have to go out and get one just to keep up.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Villa and Brighton? Dear fucking god. I really think some of our fan base look on at their neighbour buying a brand new car and think they have to go out and get one just to keep up.

I've actually given some pretty in-depth opinions in the last few pages, but sometimes you see a post that doesn't deserve the seriousness. 

18 minutes ago, Horus said:

Not sure how much Barcelona hold up Brighton and Hove Albion as a comparator tbh 

Just now, Horus said:

Congrats. You could have replied to any them, but you chose my obviously flippant reply. Weird, but ok.

That depends on ones opinion of in depth and flippant replies. The same vein runs through them all, few facts and substance but lots of supposition.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

That depends on ones opinion of in depth and flippant replies. The same vein runs through them all, few facts and substance but lots of supposition.

On a forum? Of all places?

If you'd pointed out all the things you disagreed with, and we could have had a conversation. Howie disagreed with me, but he didn't' see the need to act a complete cunt. Be more like Howie.

• Upvote 3