You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Sanchez finally looked like a footballer at the Euros. The hype, the big money move to Bayern, it doesn't happen if there isn't a player in there somewhere and it looked like the penny has dropped based on the couple of games I seen him in. 

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

Sanchez finally looked like a footballer at the Euros. The hype, the big money move to Bayern, it doesn't happen if there isn't a player in there somewhere and it looked like the penny has dropped based on the couple of games I seen him in. 

I think the physical skillset has never been in doubt - just remember watching him play a couple seasons ago and he sprayed a half dozen out of touch. Some so bad he didn't even hit the placards. 

Not sure he has the mentality to turn it around - he was awful here.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

We haven't had a "look how boss Liverpool were spending the Coutinho money 3 years ago" article for a while. 

Doesn't take into account that Wijnaldum has left and the team are 3 years older. 

I love the way they make articles with obscure references to other teams and pass it off as some positive for Liverpool. 

"Liverpool could benefit from £275m Manchester United and Chelsea transfer spree" which means that one player somewhere who Man Utd or Chelsea have sold to another team may be need to sell a player that Liverpool have been linked with. 

It basically just boils down to the Echo sucking off FSG. 

It all comes over as really pointless to me when they run these articles.....poor, poor journalism.

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think the physical skillset has never been in doubt - just remember watching him play a couple seasons ago and he sprayed a half dozen out of touch. Some so bad he didn't even hit the placards. 

Not sure he has the mentality to turn it around - he was awful here.

He had a look Bebe about him for awhile. But if you watched him for the first time at the Euros you would think that is a serious baller.

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

He had a look Bebe about him for awhile. But if you watched him for the first time at the Euros you would think that is a serious baller.

Agreed - he looked like Seedorf and Davids morphed together. Outstanding at that time - that is why I think the mentality is the problem - not sure that gets cured by a good season in France. That said - he is their most expensive player and they did knock PSG off so - who knows.

Pedro Almeida has said:

“Renato Sanches to Liverpool is almost done. The Portuguese midfielder will sign for the English club for around €35m.”

Barca are completely fucked financially, can't afford to register the new players they've got on frees let alone re-sign Messi.

Worth a cheeky bid for Frenkie de Jong? Not the most physical player around but he's got tons of potential. A lot better than Renato Sanches imo.

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Barca are completely fucked financially, can't afford to register the new players they've got on frees let alone re-sign Messi.

Worth a cheeky bid for Frenkie de Jong? Not the most physical player around but he's got tons of potential. A lot better than Renato Sanches imo.

Was reading about this I just don’t understand how they can have ended up in such a position I mean surely the accountants were flagging this up? 

They are really fucked they can’t raise much in funds for the players they would want to sell as they are all on big wages.