You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

16 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Actually you are wrong again. He signed nearly a month after with the season already started. 

You are definitely Craig from RAWK though.

The CL finished 23rd August. We signed him 19th September.

There was also an international break in that period.

So what are you suggesting? He doesn’t finish the season with Bayern? He doesn’t have a holiday? He doesn’t play for Spain?

I’m not suggesting he didn’t sign late. I’m saying there are fully explainable reasons why he didn’t sign - which shouldn’t be used as a stick to beat the club with.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

1) Because it’s the same posters, thread after thread, making the same tired points. 

As a paid up member of this forum, I come to discuss actual Liverpool matters, not having read the same boringly repeated opinions in virtually every thread.

2) People actually actively discussing ins  & outs in an adult fashion. Not coming in to make the same sarcastic comments for the umpteenth time.

3) As above. 

1) Couldn't you include yourself in that?

2) Be the change you want to see. Pretty sure it's not particularly adult fashion to use your full post quota to just tell people what you think they should post.

3) As above.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Then we need better custodians. We can't rely and continue to rely on our Manager for answers. Its unfair, and when he isn't backed you can see the results. 

He is not gonna be around forever and then what? Where do you find another Jurgen to work in these conditions?

They truly missed the boat. They missed the opportunity after the CL win to really build up the squad. Yeah COVID, I get it, but everyone is operating in the same conditions. The only reason they won't use their own money or loan money is purely to do with their own interest in preserving their profit. It has nothing to do with football matters.

Well yes, but you’ve known all this for years. Why bother bickering over pointless details?

I was about to post 6 possible ways Liverpool can sign Mbappe this summer but I don’t think you negative ninnies deserve my fascinating insight. Don’t even think about asking me for my top 3 tips for what to do if you see a drug dealer on a scrambler bike either.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Horus said:

1) Couldn't you include yourself in that?

2) Be the change you want to see. Pretty sure it's not particularly adult fashion to use your full post quota to just tell people what you think they should post.

3) As above.

1) Yes. IMO, it’s cause and effect - for example, I’m not the one who started the hilarious cynicism this morning and wouldn’t have brought anything up had it not been mentioned. 

2) I’m not telling anybody how to think.

I have no issue about posters having different opinions to myself. However, I am anti-bullshit. Again, see the post on when we’ve signed players. All the players (most of them quite inconsequential like Adrian) who fit the narrative are named, all the ones who don’t fit the narrative aren’t named and players where there are legit  reasons for being signed late aren’t caveated .

If it this wasn’t challenged, would the forum change? Clearly not. If posters stopped making the same tired and inaccurate points over and over, I’d stop picking them up on it. 

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

1) Yes. IMO, it’s cause and effect - for example, I’m not the one who started the hilarious cynicism this morning and wouldn’t have brought anything up had it not been mentioned. 

I have no issue about posters having different opinions to myself. However, I am anti-bullshit. Again, see the post on when we’ve signed players. All the players (most of them quite inconsequential like Adrian) who fit the narrative are named, all the ones who don’t fit the narrative aren’t named and players where there are legit  reasons for being signed late aren’t caveated .

If it this wasn’t challenged, would the forum change? Clearly not. If posters stopped making the same tired and inaccurate points over and over, I’d stop picking them up on it. 

Anti bullshit. Jeez.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well we're in sell mode. So of course we won't be in for anyone who's negotiating now. We will get what's left if anything at all at the end of the window depending on who we sell. But of course, this is a good thing. Not signing players saves us millions and shows how clever we are compared to our rivals. 

the echo today are running a piece saying don't worry about signings, we bought some players in 2018, we don't have to sign because of how brilliant we were then. the fucking fsg flag waving from the echo is fucking astounding at times. 

On the transfer forum people will be repetitive, annoying and boring it is the way of the football fan in most cases. Challenge or ignore whatever floats your boat.

I do a bit of both depending on the post or the poster. I will offer this we well worn advice ‘ wait and see ‘ chuckle!

4 minutes ago, m0e said:

Anyone sum this up for me?

If you think we're fucked you're a hysterical fanny, if you think we should not complain till the transfer window slams shut then you're an FSG shill.

New transfer window, same old shit. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

Summer 2020 transfer thread

Hahahah

2 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

If you think we're fucked you're a hysterical fanny, if you think we should not complain till the transfer window slams shut then you're an FSG shill.

New transfer window, same old shit. 

Thought as much

43 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

the echo today are running a piece saying don't worry about signings, we bought some players in 2018, we don't have to sign because of how brilliant we were then. the fucking fsg flag waving from the echo is fucking astounding at times. 

Its unbelievable. This is a squad that struggled to score a single goal in six home defeats on the bounce and who, when it comes down to it, were saved by a freak goalkeeper header.

Mind you it is penned by Theo Squires, the total definition of YTS.

• Upvote 1

Its what a transfer thread is and always has been. If you don't like it don't contribute if it annoys you then avoid the thread until a transfer is made and there's something new to draw you in. While nothing happens this is a traditional transfer thread. There's plenty of threads on the GF I don't like or don't interest me so I don't use them I won't contribute in them just to say I don't like this shit. A lot of threads especially match threads are just venting spaces, better you bitch on here with like minded people than annoy people who you genuinely care about. I like the knee jerk nature of TLW far better than the North Korean state of Rawk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Doesn't he play in the same position as Fabinho?

He can play as a lone holding player but he can also be box to box. Could easily play with Fabinho. He's complete enough that he could become any kind of midfielder.

I don't think the 30m euros part is true, though. I have a hard time believing that.

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Its what a transfer thread is and always has been. If you don't like it don't contribute if it annoys you then avoid the thread until a transfer is made and there's something new to draw you in. While nothing happens this is a traditional transfer thread. There's plenty of threads on the GF I don't like or don't interest me so I don't use them I won't contribute in them just to say I don't like this shit. A lot of threads especially match threads are just venting spaces, better you bitch on here with like minded people than annoy people who you genuinely care about. I like the knee jerk nature of TLW far better than the North Korean state of Rawk.

there is a small section of posters on this forum who want no debate, they just want positive vibes all the time and if you don't bring them, they moan and cry about it. this thread should be about different views on here. we should be able to debate if the club is spending enough. if the club is shifting enough or too much deadwood. if the players we're linked with are right for us. if the players going could still offer some value. there will be people on both sides of that debate and it is pretty likely anyone who has decided FSG are tight arsed cunts won't be swayed while we don't spend much. equally anyone who is still defending FSG after January probably would defend them even if they were carrying millions out of the club in sacks with "swag" on. 

if mbappe was to turn up, it might change the tone of the debate from people on my side of the debate. but that small minority who just want positive vibes don't care for all that and just want an echo chamber where everyone agrees with them and if you don't bring the happy pills they want you to shut up. 

as you say, RAWK might be a better home for them. this forum has always been about having people with opposing points of view. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

there is a small section of posters on this forum who want no debate, they just want positive vibes all the time and if you don't bring them, they moan and cry about it. this thread should be about different views on here. we should be able to debate if the club is spending enough. if the club is shifting enough or too much deadwood. if the players we're linked with are right for us. if the players going could still offer some value. there will be people on both sides of that debate and it is pretty likely anyone who has decided FSG are tight arsed cunts won't be swayed while we don't spend much. equally anyone who is still defending FSG after January probably would defend them even if they were carrying millions out of the club in sacks with "swag" on. 

if mbappe was to turn up, it might change the tone of the debate from people on my side of the debate. but that small minority who just want positive vibes don't care for all that and just want an echo chamber where everyone agrees with them and if you don't bring the happy pills they want you to shut up. 

as you say, RAWK might be a better home for them. this forum has always been about having people with opposing points of view. 

It's also been a place for people to call each other cunts, I just don't see the point in complaining about the content when contributing to it. Its up to anybody if they want to carry on an arguement or not bother with it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

1) Again, not particularly adult fashion to say "they started it, miss"

2) I agree, but you're telling people that they shouldn't think the way they do.

I have the most sympathy for the paragraph but here's the thing; a lot of people use forums just to let off steam and let out frustrations, because the alternative is walking through town in our slippers issuing a sandwich board fatwa against FSG.

I hate to break it to you, but people aren't going to change just because you challenge them, just like you won't change on the back of this post, nor i because of any reply you may write.

It's no coincidence that our money is going into things like bricks and mortar that will give them the biggest returns, and even supporters of FSG must notice the patterns of every January window, when we're told we're saving up for a big one in the summer, then we're told in summers that we're skint, as they announce 5 new sponsorships. Obviously some of that is purposefully hyperbolic, but these frustrations exist. It's been a long way back to the top and to watch us potentially squander this golden opportunity is heartbreaking

No other team in Europe that can claim on it's day, to be the best in Europe, is working with the same constraints as us, and we're only where we are because of Jurgen. It shows this is built on a house of sand as we run our own players into the ground and ages where their sell on values won't fund a new team and then what happens? We're not signing the best young players in Europe to keep this approach going, we're taking gambles and punts, so no doubt some will mature into good or potential great players for the club, but most won't.

Then we leak our transfer domination all over the press - Thiago only cost an initial down payment of 5 million. Jota was £4m (but we're still skint) This year, new contracts and stadium capacity will be used to shut the fans up.

David Moores' ownership getting a loan for the stadium back in 05-06 would have us in exactly the same place we are now. FSG were never saviours, but I never expected our fans to be so on board with them focussing on their profits over our team.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

That kind of sense just doesn't fit in on here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1