You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

4 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Never understood this about Grabara. Clearly better than kelleher, but I guess he is still haunted by his antics as a youth player here.

Yes, always felt he was a clear step ahead of Kelleher when I've watched both of them. I really thought Grabara might turn out to be special.

Maybe he doesn't train well? Or there was something going on behind the scenes? Either way, I won't be surprised if he moves to a top league at some point in the next 2-3 years.

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yes, always felt he was a clear step ahead of Kelleher when I've watched both of them. I really thought Grabara might turn out to be special.

Maybe he doesn't train well? Or there was something going on behind the scenes? Either way, I won't be surprised if he moves to a top league at some point in the next 2-3 years.

Temperament and composure? Or general abilities?

9 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Maybe he just wants first team football rather than being 2/3rd choice?

Grabara was often described as “over confident” and he would say he was ready for the first team.  Don’t think this arrogance works with Jurgen, and like with Grujic and Wilson who believed they were ready and didn’t put in the yard yards in training, he was sent out to learn.  Watching him berate the Huddersfield defence every time they conceded a goal, I’m not sure he did.

maybe he will do a Galusci and come good eventually but football is littered with talent who thought they made it long before they did.  Harvey Elliott worries me in this regard, he’s probably not ready so should stop his interviews saying he is.

always use Steve Nicol spending 3 years in the reserves as the perfect example of developing into a proper Liverpool player.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

He did an interview saying he would be best in the world or if not just a money grabber a few months back.... 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/05/23/i-will-go-for-the-money-22-year-old-liverpool-loanee-claims-he-can-be-best-in-the-world/

Yeah, he sounds like he wants first team action, and I hope we negotiate a fee to re-sign him.  I've always liked him, a great talent.  

31 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

It’s all very quiet on the speculation front, how many shit players do we have to sell to pay Mbappe’s agents fee? Asking for a friend.

N.Williams. R. Williams. Philips. Grujic. Keita. Chamberlain. Minamino. Shaqiri. Origi. Awoniyi. Ojo.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We don't usually get in bidding wars, but if this price is legit and we're not in the mix for him, I question whether we even want to sign a midfielder. 

It's been pretty much confirmed officially by the club that we aren't signing a midfielder hasn't it? 

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We don't usually get in bidding wars, but if this price is legit and we're not in the mix for him, I question whether we even want to sign a midfielder. 

Well we're in sell mode. So of course we won't be in for anyone who's negotiating now. We will get what's left if anything at all at the end of the window depending on who we sell. But of course, this is a good thing. Not signing players saves us millions and shows how clever we are compared to our rivals. 

• Upvote 2