You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If it's a choice between Origi and nobody it's because we are being too stubborn with our valuation of Origi. He's clearly not going to make it here. It doesn't do either of us any good to keep him here on the fringes of the squad. If we sold him and Minamino for the best price we could get for them, we'd have enough money to bring in a new player that could actually contribute. 

Origi and Minamino would have been Daka. 

On 01/07/2021 at 08:25, Lee909 said:

Neil Jones reporting ideally we sign 2 more players but its dependent on sales. 

How in the fuck do they expect Klopp tp compete when his budget seems to be 35ml plus sales. I get needing to clear out the deadwood, but i can easily see us pricing Shaqiri,Origi out of a move and going into next year with the same squad,no Gini and Konate. We will end up with loads of Jones,Elliot need game time. The injured players are like new signings. 

Yes we will be better but we will end up out the domestic cups because we need to rest the strikers in jan with all the African players disappearing for a month. 

Because he's brilliant and will get them top 4 regardless. They fucked him good and proper in January when even the fan boys said we should have a centre back in on January 1st, yetnhe still delivered. Although of course we all thought we could still win the league back then, but winning isn't the priority, top 4 is. 

On 01/07/2021 at 16:40, Horus said:

Another potential target looking likely to be off limits, unless he's signed a lower release clause, which i doubt.

Aren't spanish release clauses built from a formula, related to wage and contract length? 

1 hour ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Does he fill you with confidence when he starts or comes off the bench? Or do you just have a hard on for the worldie vs Barca, I'm a cunt so he'd of got no new contract off me, he's 26 not some kid ffs

Relax, fella.

It's not up to either of us. I was offering up why he would be kept on.

Your beef is with the gaffer, not me.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Because he's brilliant and will get them top 4 regardless. They fucked him good and proper in January when even the fan boys said we should have a centre back in on January 1st, yetnhe still delivered. Although of course we all thought we could still win the league back then, but winning isn't the priority, top 4 is. 

Aren't spanish release clauses built from a formula, related to wage and contract length? 

Don't think so. I remember Ronaldo having a billion dollar release clause when he went to Madrid. Unless they've changed the process over the last few years, it's always been an agreement between club and player. 

8 minutes ago, Horus said:

Don't think so. I remember Ronaldo having a billion dollar release clause when he went to Madrid. Unless they've changed the process over the last few years, it's always been an agreement between club and player. 

This is what ESPN says about it. I don't know how they define proportional. 

How is the value of the clause decided?

Sanchez-Bote: The law states that release clauses should be proportional to the salary of the player. The value should be clearly stated in the contract signed by both sides, the player and the club, and be freely agreed by both sides.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Doku has 2 goals in total at Rennes and cost them 25m. We aren't paying 35-40m for someone with that résumé because of a good game at the Euros. He will have to progress a lot first.

Yeah, our budget is £10 mil for those.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Doku has 2 goals in total at Rennes and cost them 25m. We aren't paying 35-40m for someone with that résumé because of a good game at the Euros. He will have to progress a lot first.

Did you watch much of him

Thats a poor return,especially in Ligue 1

Bad finishing or what?

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Did you watch much of him

Thats a poor return,especially in Ligue 1

Bad finishing or what?

He has no end product and makes bad decisions but he's still very young. The fact he even played in this game does show people believe in his talent, though.

• Like 1

If the rumours of us wanting Tielemans are true its a big fucking mistake. Looks great in the little bits you watch him but watch him for 90 mins and he's nowhere near good enough and a Keita like liability with his defensive work. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If the rumours of us wanting Tielemans are true its a big fucking mistake. Looks great in the little bits you watch him but watch him for 90 mins and he's nowhere near good enough and a Keita like liability with his defensive work. 

A flavour on the month.

Seeing as we don’t have a pot to piss thankfully we shan’t sign him.

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Harry Wilson-esque in his ability to produce spectacular moments and then disappear out of the game for huge periods.

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Plus him chewing gum through a game is annoying. His jaw going up and down constantly. Fuck that