You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

34 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sancho and Varane is a very good summer for United.

Meanwhile, for some reason, we're now getting articles from journos that cover the club about players we might be interested in, but won't sign. We've had a Pearce article about interest in McGinn, but we won't sign him and Neil Jones about Watkins, Neto and Harvey Barnes, but we won't sign them. So what's the fucking point of these articles, then? 

Especially when you throw in their best performer “ Penalty” who’s shown no reason to believe he won’t reproduce the form he’s shown the past two seasons under Ole .

Yeah the media know next to fuck all, we are much better as a club now at keeping the noise around our targets down and largely getting the deals done quickly and without too much drama.

We absolutely need to start refreshing and rebuilding this squad though, steadily and in a way that does it over next couple of years - clearing the permacrocks and dead wood and bringing down the age profile, whilst of course adding the depth we have lacked in the right areas.

51 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Fully expecting the 'hope Sancho does well for them' posts.  I mean we've had the brothers in arms posts regarding their protests and the hope Rafa does well at the shite posts.  Nothing would surprise me on this forum anymore. 

We all want the same things. 

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Repped. Belinda was boss. She’s no Stevie Nicks, though.

That's not how a wank bank works! I was chewing my t-shirt then and you go and post that! I've got to start all over again now FFS! 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How on earth is our wage bill the same as Uniteds and City's almost when they pay 300 grand plus wages to numerous players. I doubt very much their weaker players are on significantly less than ours to average it out and city have a fucking second first 11.

Probably bonuses - and considering we have won the ones these past two years (not this year obv.) will be quite high. I would guess this year we will go far less. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How on earth is our wage bill the same as Uniteds and City's almost when they pay 300 grand plus wages to numerous players. I doubt very much their weaker players are on significantly less than ours to average it out and city have a fucking second first 11.

Well because either FSG are not so clever after all and their bonus structure has fucked us, or our groundsmen and kitchen staff are paid slightly higher than the living wage. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Heh, built a team that won the CL and the League acquiring/keeping top players along the way and - wait for it - that has "fucked us over."

Everything, and I do mean everything, can be blamed on FSG in that bellends world. 

2 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Everything, and I do mean everything, can be blamed on FSG in that bellends world. 

He is unsure whether they are tightwads who won't match top players wages or spendthrifts who are paying players too much. Either way - not good.

#yanksout

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

He is unsure whether they are tightwads who won't match top players wages or spendthrifts who are paying players too much. Either way - not good.

#yanksout

Isnt there a happy.medium in his world??

• Upvote 1