You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

The echo have surpassed themselves with this one. Mbappe is helping sell players for us now! I know it's summer, but how tenoous can they make these stories! 

Kylian Mbappe penalty miss may have handed Liverpool a transfer boost

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kylian-mbappe-penalty-liverpool-boost-20928193#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Echo in the next few days "Mbappe penalty miss can save FSG millions"

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The echo have surpassed themselves with this one. Mbappe is helping sell players for us now! I know it's summer, but how tenoous can they make these stories! 

Kylian Mbappe penalty miss may have handed Liverpool a transfer boost

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kylian-mbappe-penalty-liverpool-boost-20928193#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

Like clockwork.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Nah he's excellent. 

However, £85m, that's a big one, sale about to happen? 

United still need a striker unless they're all in on Greenwood.

I'd have liked Sancho but I'll settle for Mbappe. 

"He's excellent" based on what exactly?

Timo Werner was "excellent" in that league, and everyone was spitting nails when we didn't sign him.

If he was so good, he'd be starting for England, in my opinion.

Just now, m0e said:

Timo Werner was "excellent" in that league, and everyone spitting nails when we didn't sign him.

Remember what we thought we were getting in Keita?

• Upvote 1

Goals and assists - Europe's top five leagues since 2018-19
Player Goals Assists Total
Lionel Messi 91 43 134
Robert Lewandowski 97 18 115
Cristiano Ronaldo 81 16 97
Kylian Mbappe 78 19 97
Ciro Immobile 71 21 92
Karim Benzema 65 23 88
Mohamed Salah 63 23 86
Harry Kane 58 20 78
Duvan Zapata 56 22 78
Jadon Sancho 37 41 78

It's gotta be the shoes!

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

73 mills according to the Beeb

Within the context of how mental fees are for a player  these days and taking into account his young age, very decent stats (admittedly in a lower level league) plus adding him being a full England international and his general marketability that’s not a terrible fee. Especially when they were asking for 120m last season. 

the above paragraph is one for the shitness of modern football. But if anyone knows how to drop every penny out of an asset it’s united. 

what kind of wages is he going to be on? If it’s not that high I’m a little disappointed we wouldn’t have made an effort for him. But I guess we’re still in a buy to sell phase.

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Nah he's excellent. 

However, £85m, that's a big one, sale about to happen? 

United still need a striker unless they're all in on Greenwood.

I'd have liked Sancho but I'll settle for Mbappe. 

He's another one of these players that every time I watch him I'm underwhelmed, not that I've watched him lots. I was the same with pogba and Werner. Let's hope this cunt follows in their foot steps. 

49 minutes ago, m0e said:

Timo Werner was "excellent" in that league, and everyone was spitting nails when we didn't sign him.

To be fair, Southgate thinks Trent is the 4th best English right back. 

13 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Within the context of how mental fees are for a player  these days and taking into account his young age, very decent stats (admittedly in a lower level league) plus adding him being a full England international and his general marketability that’s not a terrible fee. Especially when they were asking for 120m last season. 

the above paragraph is one for the shitness of modern football. But if anyone knows how to drop every penny out of an asset it’s united. 

what kind of wages is he going to be on? If it’s not that high I’m a little disappointed we wouldn’t have made an effort for him. But I guess we’re still in a buy to sell phase.

The wages are the killer. Stories of £300-400k per week. "Agent's fee" also mentioned there. That's got to be eight figures, too... 

5 hours ago, m0e said:

Scum throwing their lotto money around just because they can. No way he is worth that much, 50 mil max.

He improves them how couldn't he. Its early in the window, shit load will happen once the euros are done. My hope is though we do sign somebody that you could also say immediately improves us on paper at least, currently with the loss of Gini I'd say we are a bit weaker. I think "we go again" isn't good enough the side needs work we all know that and I'm fairly sure we will do something decent.

It won't be mbappe or Halaand plus the only way I could ever see mbappe signing which I don't think he ever will is when his contract completely runs out and we pay him a transfer fee rather than destroy our wage structure.

Neil Jones reporting ideally we sign 2 more players but its dependent on sales. 

How in the fuck do they expect Klopp tp compete when his budget seems to be 35ml plus sales. I get needing to clear out the deadwood, but i can easily see us pricing Shaqiri,Origi out of a move and going into next year with the same squad,no Gini and Konate. We will end up with loads of Jones,Elliot need game time. The injured players are like new signings. 

Yes we will be better but we will end up out the domestic cups because we need to rest the strikers in jan with all the African players disappearing for a month. 

• Upvote 1