You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

The 80s idea of cool is still so funny. 

Forget last nights game or this tournament Mbappe is unbelievable and would improve every side he's in but when you see he's on over 400 grand a week do you think he would transform your side enough to be worth decimating your wage structure. I dont believe for a second he's even being considered by the club as a realistic acquisition. How many points would his signing gain the club at the expense of his wage and the effect of our other top players wanting parity of pay.

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The 80s idea of cool is still so funny. 

Forget last nights game or this tournament Mbappe is unbelievable and would improve every side he's in but when you see he's on over 400 grand a week do you think he would transform your side enough to be worth decimating your wage structure. I dont believe for a second he's even being considered by the club as a realistic acquisition. How many points would his signing gain the club at the expense of his wage and the effect of our other top players wanting parity of pay.

Fortunately it's not something we need to be worrying about, the donuts on the other hand ...

Does anyone else not see it with Mbappe? Looks like a one trick pony whenever I've seen him. Run really fast and finish.  He's very effective in the farmers league and playing the Faroe Islands International or Sparktak Nomark in the champions league it seems but whenever I see him he's lack lustre and marked out of the game. He's a bad knee or ankle away from losing his pace. Offers far less than Salah and would demand astronomical fees. He's compared to Messi and Ronaldo, but Messi at 22 was probably the best footballer on the planet by a huge margin (first of 4 consecutive ballon dors I think) he seems miles away from Messi. Stats shows he's ahead of Ronaldo on goals and starts at his age  in fairness.  He just seems to be surrounded by hype. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Does anyone else not see it with Mbappe? Looks like a one trick pony whenever I've seen him. Run really fast and finish.  He's very effective in the farmers league and playing the Faroe Islands International or Sparktak Nomark in the champions league it seems but whenever I see him he's lack lustre and marked out of the game. He's a bad knee or ankle away from losing his pace. Offers far less than Salah and would demand astronomical fees. He's compared to Messi and Ronaldo, but Messi at 22 was probably the best footballer on the planet by a huge margin (first of 4 consecutive ballon dors I think) he seems miles away from Messi. Stats shows he's ahead of Ronaldo on goals and starts at his age  in fairness.  He just seems to be surrounded by hype. 

I've seen him look quite lack luster and I've seen him look unstoppable. I can't imagine playing in France is pushing him to his maximum. Most great french players have their best days once they start playing their club football outside of France. Personally I don't think there's a tiny chance we would pay him the sort of money he wants. But I think there's a real possibility the club he's at is the only club that will. If he wants to play somewhere other than PSG he may well need to take a pay cut - unless a bosman balances that out with signing on fee outside of wages. But he'll still be too rich for us unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Has Paulie just dropped HUGE hint that Klopp has COOLED on M’Bappe?

• Upvote 2

Sign him next year on a free. Pay him a £30m signing on fee and pay him £200k a week (in line with current structure). Sell him in 5 years for £200m.

Everyone's a winner.

The only issue is cheats (eg Citeh) could offer a tad more on both fronts ....

• Upvote 1