You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Phew. Frankly I think they should build this up more - it's been such a clear path to profitability. We should go the whole hog, put Trent in midfield to save us having to buy another midfielder too and let chamberlain not only be back up right back, but full time full back too - he'll have banked us the Neco money  while saving us the 30m on neuhause. 

I reckon we throw Adrian up front. Could save us millions.

I heard a podcast a few months about City having a huge desire to be liked and respected, they are ultra sensitive to coverage the Red teams get while they go a full season winning every game 80 nil and no one gives a shit, it was why they never went "officially" beyond the £65m mark before. They didn't want to be seen to be buying success (stop laughing down the back) but have now accepted that to be popular they need popular players. Hence Kane and Grealish and fuck their £250m it costs to do it.

They will be hard to stop the cheating cunts.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I fucking despise the Echo and their band of latte quaffing hipster no marks that quite clearly display all the qualities and skills you'd expect from a school work experience outing.

Our very own Catcher. 

Not that the other teams and supporters in the league can see it but us beating City and being competitive was good for the league as a whole. 

Look at the recent record in league cups - FA cups and League Titles City are just running away and dominating everything.

Utd thought they done well last season finishing were they did but they were a million miles away from challenging for the title.

City would have gotten more wins if they needed too.

Its a bit of a sickener I have to say if they add Grealish and Kane cause unless we have a season where we've zero injuries and everyone plays the the maximum we wont have enough to overhaul that City squad. 

Sky / BT & the pundits waxing lyrical about them but City have taken away the competitiveness of the competitions there in & being praised for it. Joke.

29 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Not that the other teams and supporters in the league can see it but us beating City and being competitive was good for the league as a whole. 

Look at the recent record in league cups - FA cups and League Titles City are just running away and dominating everything.

Utd thought they done well last season finishing were they did but they were a million miles away from challenging for the title.

City would have gotten more wins if they needed too.

Its a bit of a sickener I have to say if they add Grealish and Kane cause unless we have a season where we've zero injuries and everyone plays the the maximum we wont have enough to overhaul that City squad. 

Sky / BT & the pundits waxing lyrical about them but City have taken away the competitiveness of the competitions there in & being praised for it. Joke.

Everyone seems ok with city winning it if they can't too. And to be honest I'd sooner they won it than the team in Salford. 

As for them, they were happy because if that rice Krispie cunt was your manager you'd be fucking made up with 2nd too! 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I saw a report saying talks had broken down because we were asking £15m.

The Athletic article says it thinks Benfica will come back to the negotiating table. Brentford & WBA are also interested.

I think (no proof obviously) the club has leaked this story so it shows clubs aren’t going to get our players on the cheap. Wilson is a semi-regular international and has a strike rate of 1 in 3.5. €15m is a fair deal.

Simialr to the Phillips story earlier in the week - Burnley aren’t sure they want to pay £15m for him but have just bought a centre back from Stoke, with no Premiership experience, for £12m. 

Pay what we want or piss off.

6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I fucking despise the Echo and their band of latte quaffing hipster no marks that quite clearly display all the qualities and skills you'd expect from a school work experience outing.

Judging by the Echo article links that get posted on here, that's probably not very far off the mark. It reminds me of an episode of The Newsroom where the news network's website started getting filled with bollocks articles like "10 reasons why [insert popular movie] is actually shite".

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Rudi Galetti sounds like an ice cream salesman. 

Mmmmmmmmm. Ice cream.

I had to Google who he is. Seems to be some Italian journalists who Tweets a lot about PSG. 

Never heard of him until 30 mins ago though.