You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, m0e said:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can salvage Liverpool career and save FSG millions

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-liverpool-news-20890871

@Barrington Womble this one's for you, mate.

Guess it’s not just us. From the comments section.

I remember reading an article on Chamberlain saving us millions during the last transfer window.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Guess it’s not just us. From the comments section.

I remember reading an article on Chamberlain saving us millions during the last transfer window.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

And the one before that.

They have a random article generator and have about 15 fringe/permacrock player names that they press a button and whatever name it lands on they write a six paragraph article.

3 hours ago, m0e said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-liverpool-news-20890871

In fairness they can’t win. The fans get upset when they post this type of articles just as they do when they write articles about Haaland and Mbappe. It seems like the realll meaty transfer gossip went with James Pearce, and the echo gets nothing now. They still have columns to write so they resort to just publishing rubbish like the above. I personally don’t even bother anymore, and just go straight to the Athletic, but I acknowledge that for the local supporters it’s not that easy to avoid as the echo is your main source of local news.

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

In fairness they can’t win. The fans get upset when they post this type of articles just as they do when they write articles about Haaland and Mbappe. It seems like the realll meaty transfer gossip went with James Pearce, and the echo gets nothing now. They still have columns to write so they resort to just publishing rubbish like the above. I personally don’t even bother anymore, and just go straight to the Athletic, but I acknowledge that for the local supporters it’s not that easy to avoid as the echo is your main source of local news.

Agreed. None of the Echo people have sources. The only thing left to write is this kind of shite.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's a newspaper.

It's a local newspaper. It needs the club and it needs to write on the club. They get access for being a compliant mouthpiece. Nothing wrong with that. I don't really recall too many scoops from the Echo since digital. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m flattered.

I do like the fact you've put your head into the lions den and become the leader of the pro-FSG faction.

When there are factions, it makes it much easier to have feuds and we need that until the season starts.

At that point, feuds become much easier to generate; we should have sold him, we should have kept him, he's finished, he needs more games, sack him, where is Gerrard - that's when we're back in business.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, m0e said:

Phew. Frankly I think they should build this up more - it's been such a clear path to profitability. We should go the whole hog, put Trent in midfield to save us having to buy another midfielder too and let chamberlain not only be back up right back, but full time full back too - he'll have banked us the Neco money  while saving us the 30m on neuhause. 

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Stone Cold Stacksy vs Scott“The Rock”_M will be headlining KFC’s/Zoom call’s for the next ten years. Daisy will resort to throwing themselves off high objects to get the neg rate up.

I’ve no issue with 3 Stacks. I felt I mocked the ridiculous tweet before posting, he didn’t. 

I’ve drawn a physical and metaphorical line under it, and here it is…

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I do like the fact you've put your head into the lions den and become the leader of the pro-FSG faction.

I’m not pro-FSG or anti-FSG. When they do something right I’ll give them credit, if they do something wrong, I’ll criticise (see my auto signature).

IMO, there is more good than bad and the evidence less / made up stuff posted about them is stuff of tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists, hoping if they repeat the same nonsense, it’ll become the truth.

Anyway, if I’m part of a faction can my faction be DX? I feel most of the factions are 3MB or F.B.I. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m not pro-FSG or anti-FSG. When they do something right I’ll give them credit, if they do something wrong, I’ll criticise (see my auto signature).

IMO, there is more good than bad and the evidence less / made up stuff posted about them is stuff of tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists, hoping if they repeat the same nonsense, it’ll become the truth.

Anyway, if I’m part of a faction can my faction be DX? I feel most of the factions are 3MB or F.B.I. 

You're not pro FSG? 

Good-Fellas-Hilarious-1024x736.jpg

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve no issue with 3 Stacks. I felt I mocked the ridiculous tweet before posting, he didn’t. 

I’ve drawn a physical and metaphorical line under it, and here it is…

Stacks is a childish horse raping cunt.

Jesus Scott that's a bit much, but not unjustified.

51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You're not pro FSG? 

Good-Fellas-Hilarious-1024x736.jpg

I call it as I see it. As I’ve repeatedly said, I criticise when I think it’s required - which isn’t ever post on every thread.

If you click the hyper link in my auto signature and read the post it takes you to, you will see this. If you’re not prepared to read it, then there isn’t much I can do.