You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

15 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

See Utd have tabled a second bid for Sancho, now £72m.

Disgrace these Glazers not backing managers.

I'm sure their forums are just dudes telling everyone they don't need to replace any aging players and flogging the same squad into the ground season after season is the way to get the most out of them. Any suggestion that they should be in the market for the best young players is met with scorn and the completely unearned self superiority of their bestest poster in the whole wide world - Scott_the_m-anc

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Horus said:

I'm sure their forums are just dudes telling everyone they don't need to replace any aging players and flogging the same squad into the ground season after season is the way to get the most out of them. Any suggestion that they should be in the market for the best young players is met with scorn and the completely unearned self superiority of their bestest poster in the whole wide world - Scott_the_m-anc

A0395FFB-2D4A-4C61-A57F-9D972B9E62F3.gif

1) I’ve never been against signing new players. I’ve repeatedly said we need a refresh.

I’m just not going to throw a tantrum when it doesn’t happen straight away.

I’d rather wait and see what happens and trust the people we have in charge of the club. 

Or I could continue to moan we didn’t sign Werner? 

2) If having a sense of superiority means I follow up words with actions, than I take that as a compliment because pissing and moaning on a forum like a little bitch achieves nothing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A0395FFB-2D4A-4C61-A57F-9D972B9E62F3.gif

1) I’ve never been against signing new players. I’ve repeatedly said we need a refresh.

I’m just not going to throw a tantrum when it doesn’t happen straight away.

I’d rather wait and see what happens and trust the people we have in charge of the club. 

Or I could continue to moan we didn’t sign Werner? 

2) If having a sense of superiority means I follow up words with actions, than I take that as a compliment because pissing and moaning on a forum like a little bitch achieves nothing. 

It was a jokey fucking parody, and that gif tells me exactly how serious you really take yourself.

Fuck me - follow up words with actions? Alright John Wick, chill yer boots.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Horus said:

It's fine, we're signing Jack Grealish. Scott's Twitter source said so.

1 minute ago, Horus said:

It was a jokey fucking parody, and that gif tells me exactly how serious you really take yourself.

Fuck me - follow up words with actions? Alright John Wick, chill yer boots.

It didn’t read like a parody, I read as being somewhat cunty. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If he was Belgian and his name was Jonny McGinnelmans, you'd all be posting that £50m was a steal. 

I mean, what went wrong the last time we bought a Scottish midfielder who had a decent season or two for a recently promoted team?... 

Despite the post above from Oct 2019, I reckon £50m is silly money for someone we don’t need.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's fine, we're signing Jack Grealish. Scott's Twitter source said so.

I’ve deactivated my Twitter account but don’t mind seeing Twitter rumours posted in this thread.  What’s yours issue with it?

1 hour ago, Jockey said:

Manchester United have a 35 year old up front, an 18 year old on the right and that's it. £80m would be money well spent for them if he is as good as they say. 

He's not.

Phillips will and should want to play and it won't happen with us. We will push up the line higher again next season and though he did well he just isn't quick enough. Klopp obviously wants Matip kept even with him not being fit half the time. Could thong is Phillips value went through the roof and now worth triple what we would have got last year. 

Can't see it with Kabak, he was getting arsey when he got subbed last year and would be 4/5th choice with a fully fit squad. Unless we plan to sell Matip,Gomez whats the point. 

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Phillips will and should want to play and it won't happen with us. We will push up the line higher again next season and though he did well he just isn't quick enough. Klopp obviously wants Matip kept even with him not being fit half the time. Could thong is Phillips value went through the roof and now worth triple what we would have got last year. 

Can't see it with Kabak, he was getting arsey when he got subbed last year and would be 4/5th choice with a fully fit squad. Unless we plan to sell Matip,Gomez whats the point. 

Not sure it's entirely Klopp's choice to keep Matip. Nobody wants a player who can't get on the pitch. And given we're stuck with him, it makes sense for us to have a decent fifth choice centre back, because they'll effectively be fourth choice.