You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

17 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Apparently we want £15m for Big Nat with Brighton and Burnley interested. Also Schalke might be looking to sell Kabak at a knock down fee because they can’t afford his wages.

I read that as well.

I don't think anybody could argue with we sold Phillips, signed Kabak and made a profit.

Although, I suspect, the Kabak boat has sailed.

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I read that as well.

I don't think anybody could argue with we sold Phillips, signed Kabak and made a profit.

Although, I suspect, the Kabak boat has sailed.

Yeah, I suspect Klopp see’s something in Williams and wants to develop him but it would certainly be shrewd.

Seeing links to Tielemans again but this time with an Italian source so even more likely to be bollocks. I can definitely see us being interested but by the time we’ve raised the funds they’ll have sold Maddison and won’t be in any rush to sell any other top players.

I saw the link to Gravenberch a couple of weeks ago and he looks like a fine footballer but if we were actually considering stealing a march on our rivals by leaving him at Ajax for a year we should consider the same option with Bellingham. 

5 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I saw the link to Gravenberch a couple of weeks ago and he looks like a fine footballer but if we were actually considering stealing a march on our rivals by leaving him at Ajax for a year we should consider the same option with Bellingham. 

I'd be up for that - I like them both to be honest. But Bellingham looks really good. I do like Baumgartner as well - he looks a versatile attacking player ideal for us. 

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I don't think there's any chance of that with Bellingham. Dortmund will be sure they can get big money on him in time, doubt they'd be looking at that now.

Shame as he's class. 

Yeah I’m not talking about us saving money I’m meaning that we can position ourselves to the front of the queue. Doubt we’ll spend that kind of money though. Gravenberch looks like he could be Kloppo’s dream midfielder though.

6 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

From the limited amount of the two players that I've seen, I think Bellingham looks are more rounded player already than Gravenberch, who in my limited times seeing, still looks a bit raw.

If the rumours are true that he wants another season at Ajax, I think that could be a good move. Let him grow in stature via playing for a title chasing side and CL side before coming to us. 

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I don't think there's any chance of that with Bellingham. Dortmund will be sure they can get big money on him in time, doubt they'd be looking at that now.

Shame as he's class. 

I've played football with his dad loads of times, massive man united fan. He'll never come here. I think he'll end up at United at some point sadly

4 hours ago, scudger99 said:

What difference would reading my own posts make ?  Don't get that one at all.

If you let a woman dictate how long you stay in the pub there's a big difference between you and me.

I don't let her dictate, hence why she moans. As I say, the it's the same with you "don't post speculation on the speculation thread because I don't like it, they're all rags". On the fucking rag more like it. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Don't think I've ever clicked through to sports witness before. Fuck me, some real eye AIDS on there. I must have had to swipe away about half a dozen adverts just to read the one line that was in the tweet! 

You need an adblocker mate. I use Purify on mobile, got nothing other than a turd article.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Liverpool have received an approach from Burnley for Nat Phillips. #LFC are willing to listen to offers for an initial £10 million, with further add-ons to be negotiated to take the full asking price towards £15m [@_ChrisBascombe]

Probably the most obvious transfer in the history of football !

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't let her dictate, hence why she moans. As I say, the it's the same with you "don't post speculation on the speculation thread because I don't like it, they're all rags". On the fucking rag more like it. 

I don't recall requesting folks stop posting speculation, I'd be grateful if you could point out an example to me.  And as for being on the rag, it isn't me who gets bent out of shape by FSG.  I see you've wound your neck in somewhat with the FSG ranting since Scott M told you the same thing very recently, so I supposed some credit is due.  Not fucking much though.

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I don't recall requesting folks stop posting speculation, I'd be grateful if you could point out an example to me.  And as for being on the rag, it isn't me who gets bent out of shape by FSG.  I see you've wound your neck in somewhat with the FSG ranting since Scott M told you the same thing very recently, so I supposed some credit is due.  Not fucking much though.

hahaha. i haven't wound my neck in about scott, i just put him on ignore because he's a bellend. to be clear FSG are absolute and utter cunts. i hope this helps. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

Don’t start with Barry. He’ll come back and come back and come back at you until he’s proven wrong, then put you on ignore and claim your stalking him.

Fucking Donnie Azoff.

I might be a bellend but when the alternative is being on the same side as highly acclaimed posters like Daisy & Beef Stroganoff, I’m comfortable with my position. 

Anyway, I’m glad more forumites are pulling these posters up on their continued shite, it’ll be a better place if they significantly lessen their output of bile. 

• Upvote 1