You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Shaq is one of Klopp’s minor failures for me. He’s got quality, can score goals, and could easily have played more last season.

He started well with the club, then Jurgen hasn’t got the best out of him.

That's when we were playing 4231 to get Fabinho settled, and Shaq was in the 10. That's his best position.

For the Swiss, he's the main man, and everything goes through him. He gets more space than he does at Liverpool, because he doesn't need to defend, and teams don't ever sit deep against the Swiss.

What he does for them has absolutely nothing to do with what he needs to do for us.

Our system will never get the best out of him. He's not good enough to replace Salah and Mane, and doesn't do enough in midfield.

He's had plenty of opportunities to prove otherwise.

His best performances last season were in the Firmino role when Jota was out 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Breaking my own rule here but what the hell.

The only mewling quims I see on here are those that moan about others opinions constantly because they don't have the capacity for debate or different perspectives. Its a fucking forum and a transfer speculation board. I know thats hard to fathom but thats what this is for.

Id strongly argue that Konate was a signing well overdue in the CB department and one they had no choice but to make after last season, which puts it at complete odds with the norm under our owners every transfer window.

So far the Club are making the usual noises of contracts, sell to spend and the academy next big thing. I hope that changes.

3CFEC592-3CFE-4F43-A4E7-686C3FC03EBC.gif

It’s quite clearly not those with a different opinion. I’m more than happy to have a reasonable debate with everybody, but you, Daisy & Barry aren’t reasonable, it’s the same boring shite in every single thread - which actually stops reasonable debate happening. 

I’ve said before, youse all have some valid points at times, but it’s mixed up in such other drivel continually going over and over and over the same shite nobody cares. 

I’m not the only one picking up on it now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, scudger99 said:

I'm not sure how you see me as fuming or angry.  I'm sitting here amused at it all.  I'm not even surprised that you leapt to his defence considering your own recent anti FSG tirade. 

Maybe you should read your own posts. You sound like my bird when I have stayed in the pub too long. 

3 hours ago, No2 said:

If he shared the positive shite too he wouldn't be such a tool. He posts with glee that we're not replacing Origi and takes its as fact. It's as much of a fact as us announcing Mbappe on Thursday. 

Lots of people are likely to only post stuff that supports their point of view. As I posted earlier, some will do that. Some will post all they see. Some will post just when it's fantasy stuff because they'd sooner live in a fantasy world than a real one. I don't really know why people would expect much different. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Breaking my own rule here but what the hell.

The only mewling quims I see on here are those that moan about others opinions constantly because they don't have the capacity for debate or different perspectives. Its a fucking forum and a transfer speculation board. I know thats hard to fathom but thats what this is for.

Id strongly argue that Konate was a signing well overdue in the CB department and one they had no choice but to make after last season, which puts it at complete odds with the norm under our owners every transfer window.

So far the Club are making the usual noises of contracts, sell to spend and the academy next big thing. I hope that changes.

Regardless of whether Konate was needed or not, the deal has been  done.  The euros and copa america are in full swing right now so nobody is concluding anything right now and as such most of the media transfer news is click bait. The club no longer feeds xfer info these days and its just way too early for people to be blowing up over perceived lack of movement.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Shaq is one of Klopp’s minor failures for me. He’s got quality, can score goals, and could easily have played more last season.

He started well with the club, then Jurgen hasn’t got the best out of him.

Shaqiri is the definition of a luxury player. We've used him how he should be used; Sporadically. It's not possible to play that kind of player consistently in a top, top side, nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

3CFEC592-3CFE-4F43-A4E7-686C3FC03EBC.gif

It’s quite clearly not those with a different opinion. I’m more than happy to have a reasonable debate with everybody, but you, Daisy & Barry aren’t reasonable, it’s the same boring shite in every single thread - which actually stops reasonable debate happening. 

I’ve said before, youse all have some valid points at times, but it’s mixed up in such other drivel continually going over and over and over the same shite nobody cares. 

I’m not the only one picking up on it now. 

See theres little point in us conversing because you don't wanna know anyway so don't quote me, its utterly pointless.

Stop following peoples posts just ignore them. Problem sorted and you can sleep soundly at night.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Regardless of whether Konate was needed or not, the deal has been  done.  The euros and copa america are in full swing right now so nobody is concluding anything right now and as such most of the media transfer news is click bait. The club no longer feeds xfer info these days and its just way too early for people to be blowing up over perceived lack of movement.

No one is blowing up over anything. Its exactly as it always is with us, quiet but with the same noises coming out of the club.

I did say I hope it changes and it may well do, but I also won't be surprised if we do little to no business as that has been the norm for a while.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe you should read your own posts. You sound like my bird when I have stayed in the pub too long.

What difference would reading my own posts make ?  Don't get that one at all.

If you let a woman dictate how long you stay in the pub there's a big difference between you and me.

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Shaqiri is the definition of a luxury player. We've used him how he should be used; Sporadically. It's not possible to play that kind of player consistently in a top, top side, nowadays. 

Is correct. Look at how it went for Stoke when he was the main man and performing probably his best level of club football. Obviously it would have been far worse for them that season if he wasn’t there but at our level he’s the sort of player who gets better the more he doesn’t play.

2 hours ago, m0e said:

That's when we were playing 4231 to get Fabinho settled, and Shaq was in the 10. That's his best position.

For the Swiss, he's the main man, and everything goes through him. He gets more space than he does at Liverpool, because he doesn't need to defend, and teams don't ever sit deep against the Swiss.

What he does for them has absolutely nothing to do with what he needs to do for us.

Our system will never get the best out of him. He's not good enough to replace Salah and Mane, and doesn't do enough in midfield.

He's had plenty of opportunities to prove otherwise.

His best performances last season were in the Firmino role when Jota was out 

He was  a ‘buy to flip’ player the same as Minamino and Ben Davies in my opinion. 

Although not suited to Klopp’s way of playing they were cheap to buy compared to their actual value, if they worked out and surprise everyone then great but if not we make a profit on them and help the books for FFP. 

I don’t really have a problem with the club doing it as long as the players are also in on it and not being fucked over. 

What I do have a problem with is when they’re not sold once it’s proven they’re not of the required standard/completely unsuitable to how we play and aren’t replaced. 

We then end up with players clogging up squad places when we need that cash for other purchases. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He was  a ‘buy to flip’ player the same as Minamino and Ben Davies in my opinion. 

Although not suited to Klopp’s way of playing they were cheap to buy compared to their actual value, if they worked out and surprise everyone then great but if not we make a profit on them and help the books for FFP. 

I don’t really have a problem with the club doing it as long as the players are also in on it and not being fucked over. 

What I do have a problem with is when they’re not sold once it’s proven they’re not of the required standard/completely unsuitable to how we play and aren’t replaced. 

We then end up with players clogging up squad places when we need that cash for other purchases. 

Excellent post. Matip falls into this category for me to for slightly different reasons. Should have got rid years ago. Cracking player, terrible athlete.

17 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Although not suited to Klopp’s way of playing they were cheap to buy compared to their actual value

Spot on here

11 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Excellent post. Matip falls into this category for me to for slightly different reasons. Should have got rid years ago. Cracking player, terrible athlete.

Don't think we planned to flip him or we would have.

I don't agree we've signed players to "flip".

I do think we've signed players who are perceived as bargains so won't lose their value. For example, at £13m or whatever, Shaq was under valued. If he does well for us, then great. If he doesn't, we're unlikely to get less than the £13m back.

I don't see whats wrong with it myself. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

If we have we are not doing a good job. The fellas been glued to the bench cashing a check week in and week out.

Agreed, however clubs posting losses across the board, unable to sign out unwanted players doesn't help.

I don't think we're the only club in this position though.

An alternative view on Shaq, Ox, Keita etc is when they were all largely fit, we got 97 & 99 points and won the European Cup!

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Also true. 

I do think we need a bit of a refresh. I'd like another midfielder and attacker who'll challenge for a starting position straight away, but I'd understand if we didn't.

The way some of these players are being talked about is like they are Voronin or Kronkamp or Jovanovic. 

I'm not going to put any stock in some of the Echo reports or whoever. They both denied we were seriously after Alisson & Thiago minutes before we announced them. I think it's far more level headed just to wait and see how things pan out instead of posters losing their shit over Neco Williams leaving or whatever.