You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

Depends on who it's from and what they're trying to achieve.

Do you seriously think this clart is simply trying to be informative knowing his anti FSG stance ?

Or are you sympathetic to his rantings ?

You're the only one who is ranting knob head 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Depends on who it's from and what they're trying to achieve.

Do you seriously think this clart is simply trying to be informative knowing his anti FSG stance ?

Or are you sympathetic to his rantings ?

It's just a story. I put loads from the echo on here, including the shite they say like "real Madrid open the door to LFC move for mbappe". It's a fucking transfer speculation thread, which is why it's thousands of posts long and not just 3 posts saying "spiffing, the paper of record has declared Konate is now an LFC player, but it's behind a paywall".

It seems to me your issue is because the echo are saying something potentially negative, hence your "rag" comment, which I would prefer was saved for one specific paper. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

It's just a story. I put loads from the echo on here, including the shite they say like "real Madrid open the door to LFC move for mbappe". It's a fucking transfer speculation thread, which is why it's thousands of posts long and not just 3 posts saying "spiffing, the paper of record has declared Konate is now an LFC player, but it's behind a paywall".

It seems to me you're issue is because the echo are saying something potentially negative, hence your "rag" comment, which I would prefer was saved for one specific paper. 

They're all rags to me, they all print shite to stay alive.

It's down to the context, and it's clear how this twat uses that context when he posts. 

And as for my issue - what issue ?  Calling out a twat for being a twat isn't an issue to me.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You're the only one who is ranting knob head 

That's a rant to you ?

My, you're easily impressed.  No surprise with that though.

Anyway, back to Salah being a shite Chelsea reject.  How did that work for ya ?

1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

They're all rags to me, they all print shite to stay alive.

It's down to the context, and it's clear how this twat uses that context when he posts. 

And as for my issue - what issue ?  Calling out a twat for being a twat isn't an issue to me.

Here's a message for you as you clearly seem to be fuming. This thread will be full of lots of speculation. Some of it will say "there'll be no more players coming in". Some will link us with mbappe, haaland and kane. Some people may post things that are more attuned with their expectations of the summer. Some people will only post wild mental speculation that seems fun to imagine to them. Some people will post just anything they trip upon, this is where you put speculation. But if they're all rags in your opinion, you may find your blood pressure will have a greater level of normality if you stay clear of this thread. Because of course I expect you to be as angry at the next mbappe story in a "rag". 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Here's a message for you as you clearly seem to be fuming. This thread will be full of lots of speculation. Some of it will say "there'll be no more players coming in". Some will link us with mbappe, haaland and kane. Some people may post things that are more attuned with their expectations of the summer. Some people will only post wild mental speculation that seems fun to imagine to them. Some people will post just anything they trip upon, this is where you put speculation. But if they're all rags in your opinion, you may find your blood pressure will have a greater level of normality if you stay clear of this thread. Because of course I expect you to be as angry at the next mbappe story in a "rag". 

I'm not sure how you see me as fuming or angry.  I'm sitting here amused at it all.  I'm not even surprised that you leapt to his defence considering your own recent anti FSG tirade. 

9 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I'm not sure how you see me as fuming or angry.  I'm sitting here amused at it all.  I'm not even surprised that you leapt to his defence considering your own recent anti FSG tirade. 

You sure do come across as an angry little man. Well whenever someone criticises FSG anyway. 

That's quite surprising after the last year. There are further reports this morning that they have no intention of recruiting any attacking players at all this summer. 

Guessing you are amused at that too? 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You sure do come across as an angry little man. Well whenever someone criticises FSG anyway. 

That's quite surprising after the last year. There are further reports this morning that they have no intention of recruiting any attacking players at all this summer. 

Guessing you are amused at that too? 

I am completely ambivalent about it.  And I'm the same way about FSG.

You want me to get upset about speculation, bullshit rumours posted in papers desperate for clicks or sales ?

Not my scene.  I leave the hand wringing to you.

If you want to base your mood for the day on shite rumours you read about the club, that's down to you.

More fool you for lapping it up.

I think Daisy is a embittered gobshite who is more interested in being right than Liverpool winning. 

But, I did read that article and think 'nah - that is bollocks'. I'm not telling them who to sign, if they signed Hlozek I'll be happy with him, but Origi and Shaq 'only' played 5 games each last year because they were shit when they did play. They need replaced - I am happy for Elliot to replace Shaq, but Origi needs to be replaced with either a similar option or a project. I was told, that they are expecting Gordon to push next year - but we'll have to see about that. 

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Shaq is one of Klopp’s minor failures for me. He’s got quality, can score goals, and could easily have played more last season.

He started well with the club, then Jurgen hasn’t got the best out of him.

I think he is shit. Not sure he is Klopps failure considering he has failed at Munich and Inter as well. He's a sub - 30 minute cameo's here and there and nothing more. 

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

I think he is shit. Not sure he is Klopps failure considering he has failed at Munich and Inter as well. He's a sub - 30 minute cameo's here and there and nothing more. 

Did you see him against Turkey the other day?  Scored a couple of belters and could have had another couple. 

He was really good when he started with us too, two goals to win the game against the Mancs, scored and assisted a few more, then Klopp just seemed to give up on him.

Even 30 minute cameos would be more than he got last season.

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Did you see him against Turkey the other day?  Scored a couple of belters and could have had another couple. 

He was really good when he started with us too, two goals to win the game against the Mancs, scored and assisted a few more, then Klopp just seemed to give up on him.

Even 30 minute cameos would be more than he got last season.

Yep, but the Turks are shit - and probably a bottom of the premier league team. He was good first 3 months - but that is his career in a nutshell, and surely there comes a time when you realise it is him - not the team or manager. Also, his only position seems to be Mo's or in midfield - so you need to change the formation for a player who isn't good enough for that. 

52 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If he shared the positive shite too he wouldn't be such a tool. He posts with glee that we're not replacing Origi and takes its as fact. It's as much of a fact as us announcing Mbappe on Thursday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, No2 said:

If he shared the positive shite too he wouldn't be such a tool. He posts with glee that we're not replacing Origi and takes its as fact. It's as much of a fact as us announcing Mbappe on Thursday. 

That is true. There isn't balance. Just the cherry picking of articles that suit - nothing more than confirmation bias dressed as fact. 

The Echo chats shit, until I agree with it - isn't a solid philosophy. 

The same boring cu

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Early days but this summer is so far following the usual trend for us. Lets hope for some surprises because we need a shake up.

Signing a very expensive player before the window has opened?

There are some serious mewling quims in here. It’s the same posters every time. I’m glad some more posters are starting to realise it as well.

• Upvote 1

Shaqiri clearly isn't shit, but he's injured far too often and too inconsistent to be a proper first team player. Also our preferred formation doesn't have a number ten in it and that's his best position. Nowhere near good enough without the ball to play as a centre mid or in Bobby's role for us, so he ends being used in emergencies or just as a last throw of the dice off the bench.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It seems to me your issue is because the echo are saying something potentially negative, hence your "rag" comment, which I would prefer was saved for one specific paper. 

Too right, Baz. Fucking Wirral Globe.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

The same boring cu

There are some serious mewling quims in here. It’s the same posters every time. I’m glad some more posters are starting to realise it as well.

Been catching up on your Loki quotes for the new series?

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

The same boring cu

Breaking my own rule here but what the hell.

The only mewling quims I see on here are those that moan about others opinions constantly because they don't have the capacity for debate or different perspectives. Its a fucking forum and a transfer speculation board. I know thats hard to fathom but thats what this is for.

Id strongly argue that Konate was a signing well overdue in the CB department and one they had no choice but to make after last season, which puts it at complete odds with the norm under our owners every transfer window.

So far the Club are making the usual noises of contracts, sell to spend and the academy next big thing. I hope that changes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Shaqiri clearly isn't shit, but he's injured far too often and too inconsistent to be a proper first team player. Also our preferred formation doesn't have a number ten in it and that's his best position. Nowhere near good enough without the ball to play as a centre mid or in Bobby's role for us, so he ends being used in emergencies or just as a last throw of the dice off the bench.

So we should sell him and buy someone who Jurgen wants to contribute. Theres too many of these players on our books.