You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

42 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Sign Mbappe on a free next year, give him £1m per week plus £50m sign on bonus spread across a 5 year contract. Sell him within a week for £200m sign Haaland for £70m plus £20m sign on and £500k per week. Buy a top top third choice goalkeeper with the profits.

I know Haaland signed for Dortmund for about £20m, but were we ever in the frame to sign him instead of Minamino who we paid about £7m for around the same time?

Seems like tricks were missed to me.

10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I know Haaland signed for Dortmund for about £20m, but were we ever in the frame to sign him instead of Minamino who we paid about £7m for around the same time?

Seems like tricks were missed to me.

I think he/his agent wanted a club where he was a guaranteed starter and one that will be fine selling him after a couple of seasons so they can have another pay day. I guess he knew that he would have his pick of clubs in the near future. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

I think he/his agent wanted a club where he was a guaranteed starter and one that will be fine selling him after a couple of seasons so they can have another pay day. I guess he knew that he would have his pick of clubs in the near future. 

I think this is a really good point - It seems he was see as a project and I am sure his agent has his eye on 10% of either £150m or his huge wages on the back of a smaller fee. 

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I have a random theory on Mbappe.

All the rumours of Klopp being friends with his Dad, FSG taking his family on plane rides round France etc mean we’ve actually convinced him to come to

us, hence why there’s been stories recently that Real Madrid have dropped out. 

Nothing to be announced while the Euros are ongoing, let’s him focus on that but he’s told PSG he’s not renewing and we’ve already struck the deal with PSG.

After the Euros, there will be no long drawn out drama, like say Thiago. It’ll just be boom and done.

Mbappe will wear Number 23, the same as Lebron James, Michael Jordan & Beckham (Beckham wore 23 as a marketing ploy). Only issue is James has just moved from #23 to #6 at LA but anyway…

Nike will use us, Lebron James & Mbappe in every advertisement they could possibly imagine. The extra advertising and endorsements will make up his lower wages. 

The £120m Redball investment will be the transfer fee and this has been the plan all along, hence the big push for Nike last season. 

202F5C38-58D7-4418-82C4-00472FF9CA79.gif

Fully aware I’ll be completely ridiculed for this but fuck it, I’m a dreamer! 

It looks like bullshit, smells like bullshit, and tastes like bullshit. But I’m desperate so I’m buying into it.

• Upvote 1

Who cares?  If he has a release clause it'll happen if he wants it, or he'll sign a new deal if he doesn't. Or it was all bollocks aiming for a new deal anyway. 

Good player, would consider a Konate/Neuhaus/Forward* summer a success.

*Wouldn't mind Malen, but think he's got a fair bit of work to do before he's not a notable drop behind Bobby. Good pace, can finish, but tends to lose his dribble and then snatches a bit. He'd get chances though, and create a fair few. £20-25m would be a worthwhile investment, sure they'll want more for him though.

edit: meaning "who cares" in terms of the twitterati scrap over who's got the best info, still interested in the updates obvs...

For the forward position I’d like a more conventional central forward with room to develop. Mane, Mo, and Jota all offer the same kind of threat. Bobby sews it all together and Origi is supposed to be the wild card. If we’re replacing Origi in that bunch then someone like Isak makes perfect sense. He’s quick and mobile enough to not slow down the others but he’s a bit different. You don’t see it at the quoted £60m or whatever but who knows what voodoo hoodoo Magic Mike can work. I did see a low scoring Brazilian at Hertha linked and he looked every bit the Bobby lite I could imagine us going for as well.

5 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

For the forward position I’d like a more conventional central forward with room to develop. Mane, Mo, and Jota all offer the same kind of threat. Bobby sews it all together and Origi is supposed to be the wild card. If we’re replacing Origi in that bunch then someone like Isak makes perfect sense. He’s quick and mobile enough to not slow down the others but he’s a bit different. You don’t see it at the quoted £60m or whatever but who knows what voodoo hoodoo Magic Mike can work. I did see a low scoring Brazilian at Hertha linked and he looked every bit the Bobby lite I could imagine us going for as well.

Matheus Cunha. He looks like a future top player and yeah, similar profile to Firmino.

41 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

All I want is an exact replica of a prime Brazilian Ronaldo.

• Upvote 5

M’Bappé was supposed to leave this summer, Covid changed everything. I would not be surprised if he signed a one year extension. He and his family are down to earth people , they don’t want to leave PSG for free, that’s not what they are ....