You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

If we’re definitely keeping Naby then we won’t need to replace Gini. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago to start the bigger games and Jones, Keita, Ox, and Milner as rotation options. A centre forward is a more pressing need IMO

FSG like your thinking. 

We’re not monitoring Neuhaus in the Euros. It’s nonsense. Why would we? International football won’t tell you how a player is on a week-to-week basis. We already know everything we need to know from Edwards running his last couple of seasons through his computer. If we’re waiting, it’s to shift deadwood so we can free up funds, or because we’re not really interested (at this point at least).

8 hours ago, an tha said:

That is the same 'Naby' as the one who has played the full 90 mins for us 3 times in our last 76 league games and been unavailable for the vast majority of them?

Wijnaldum has been pretty much our only reliable midfielder for a while now and i just can't see who fills his shoes in terms of that availability and reliability, which relying on your rotating cast of permacrocks, an ageing Milner and the still with a lot to prove Jones will IMO cause us real problems and leave us struggling as soon as one of the hardly unbreakable Henderson or Fabinho go down - which they will....problems with the cover not being available and problems with it leading to chopping and changing and as a result struggling for fluency/consistency.

For my money we need to add in there.

Im tired of having to repeat this and read posts like this, which are 100% correct.

Do we ever learn like? You could see these situations happening a mile off, and yet the same people defend the club and its decisions.

Keita is finished. Ox is finished. Shaqiri is finished. Gini has gone. Milner is on his last legs. The midfield needs a refresh big style. Pay the fucking money like I would expect a club of our stature to do. We've seen what happens when we do the bare minimum and its cost us over the years.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Im tired of having to repeat this and read posts like this, which are 100% correct.

Do we ever learn like? You could see these situations happening a mile off, and yet the same people defend the club and its decisions.

Keita is finished. Ox is finished. Shaqiri is finished. Gini has gone. Milner is on his last legs. The midfield needs a refresh big style. Pay the fucking money like I would expect a club of our stature to do. We've seen what happens when we do the bare minimum and its cost us over the years.

And just to add...im not talking about mbappe or Sancho, just the players Jurgen wants whether they are 10, 20 or 40 million and as many as he thinks he needs.

14 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Really?

image.png

21 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Mickey Edwards has checked the engine out and reckons it's sound. Klopp wants to respray with a view to selling on for a profit in a couple of years.

John Henry is happy to sanction what he sees as a low risk investment.

As far as Maestro's go that's a minter. 

3 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I think we will get a midfielder - but, the forward is the priority! If you have a budget it makes sense to sell and add to that - they may want Raphina, or they may be happy for Daka. I think Newhome is a decent link. 

So, you think we'll have a squad with 8 midfielders competing for 3 spots?

9, if you count Shaq (which is where he mostly played last season).

9 minutes ago, m0e said:

The only way we buy another midfielder is if Keita (and/or Oxlade) is sold.

Won't be easy to get rid of both of them, but surely it has to be the aim.

1 good with the ability to be fit midfielder for those two wastes of wages and squad space would make us stronger....likely free up a bit of wages towards spending elsewhere on squad as well.

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

So, you think we'll have a squad with 8 midfielders competing for 3 spots?

9, if you count Shaq (which is where he mostly played last season).

No, Shaq will be gone. I suspect Ox or Keita may go, but probably not. Henderson, Fab, Thiago, Milner, Jones, Ox, Keita, Neuhaus - for 3 spots. 

2 minutes ago, Jockey said:

No, Shaq will be gone. I suspect Ox or Keita may go, but probably not. Henderson, Fab, Thiago, Milner, Jones, Ox, Keita, Neuhaus - for 3 spots. 

You think we'll have 8 players for 3 spots.

All on big contracts.

Absolutely no fucking chance.

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

Won't be easy to get rid of both of them, but surely it has to be the aim.

1 good with the ability to be fit midfielder for those two wastes of wages and squad space would make us stronger....likely free up a bit of wages towards spending elsewhere on squad as well.

No doubt we have to get rid of both.

They're utterly pointless, and free up 270k worth of weekly wages.

I'm saying unless we do that, you can forget Neuhaus.

33 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

As far as Maestro's go that's a minter. 

My arl fella made the mistake of buying one. It was 2 years old with 11,000 miles on the clock.

It was the worst car he ever had, problem after problem, an absolute nightmare. 

He took a hit on it and got shut within a year.

Terrible car.

11 minutes ago, m0e said:

No doubt we have to get rid of both.

They're utterly pointless, and free up 270k worth of weekly wages.

I'm saying unless we do that, forget Neuhaus.

Definitely - agree.

If we are lucky enough to find takers for both we are in business.

If not then sadly there almost certainly won't be any incoming in midfield.

It is also about freshening and rebuilding in a steady and controlled manner too for me....Henderson is 31...Thiago already 30, Milner 35 - and of course Oxlade and Keita are incapable of adding anything worthwhile - we should IMO be looking to start bringing in a player in that 23-27 sweet spot that and then another next year who will be the players who take us forward over next few years....as opposed to having to do it all in one go.

Getting rid of wastes of space like Keita and Oxlade will enable us to do that.

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

If we’re definitely keeping Naby then we won’t need to replace Gini. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago to start the bigger games and Jones, Keita, Ox, and Milner as rotation options. A centre forward is a more pressing need IMO

Oh come on. It doesn't matter if keita comes and goes, because he's never available when you need him. And when he is available, he's normally shite. We just need a way to get rid of the lad. Aside from the 12 months between when we agreed to sign him and he actually played for us, his stock was never higher than during the early part of this year when we were fucking shit and we were desperate for him to be fit. That stopped the second the cunt went back on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1