You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

14 minutes ago, Horus said:

FSG are cruising but it's perfectly acceptable to think that doesn't have a negative affect on the team if that's what you think. I completely think they're holding us back, but I don't have 3billion to put my money where my mouth is.

It is also perfectly acceptable to think that that is nonsense. 

I'd love them to 'hold us back' again in the next 3 years. 

20 minutes ago, Horus said:

I gave an opinion. On a forum of all places, and now you're mortally offended. OK dude. Nothing is wrong at all, and we'll cruise the league again next season.

Again. Not what I said. You felt that was an important issue when it was you who was misquoted. 

I'd be happy with Daka and/or Ikone. But that would be FSG cruising I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Jockey said:

It is also perfectly acceptable to think that that is nonsense. 

I'd love them to 'hold us back' again in the next 3 years. 

You're in luck then, because all our stars are now approaching the wrong age to bring in Coutinho money (excluding Trent who is untouchable), so we'll see how £30m competes against £200m transfer windows without that one-off boost that Barca gave us.

I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm not expecting us to spend city money, either. It was Tom Werner who said we could compete for any player in the world, not me.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Around the time they appointed Hodgson.

They may have learned a little bit since then.

Like the time they tried to screw over us and the league to line their own pockets, all the way back 2 months ago? Or the time they fucked everyone on furlough way back a year ago?

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I agree we need another forward but Sancho isn’t it. He’s a winger and we have two world class wingers and Jota. I reckon what we need is a target in the box. Someone Trent and Robbo could aim at. Sancho isn’t that player. Mane Salah Bamford >>>> Mane Sancho Salah IMO

Anies, I consider us friends. I like to think we both have a similar view on the game and how it is to be played.

But I think enough is enough now.

Bamford is nowhere near good enough to play for us as long as he has a hole in his arse. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Horus said:

You think that vanity project wasn't about them lining their pockets?

This rabbit hole has been gone down by various other posters, which has thankfully seem a couple of them piss off.

If they are lining their pockets, kindly prove it. 

11 minutes ago, Horus said:

You're in luck then, because all our stars are now approaching the wrong age to bring in Coutinho money (excluding Trent who is untouchable), so we'll see how £30m competes against £200m transfer windows without that one-off boost that Barca gave us.

I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm not expecting us to spend city money, either. It was Tom Werner who said we could compete for any player in the world, not me.

£30m? Where does that figure come from? The same place you plucked 'we need Sancho'? 

2017 we bought - Mo, Ox, Robbo for about £80m. Which of course is £30m in todays money. 

Its a bollocks argument, based on nothing with no thought or intellect behind it.

We've been great and made astute moves and decisions in the market but I also think sometimes we dont do enough. I think the Gini replacement needs to be young and a clear as day signing that it's straight for the first team. We're liverpool we should be able to compete for top players, okay not like city or Chelsea who can buy 4 or 5 in a window but one player every now and then or two who just send a statement of intent and improve the team. VVD and Alisson transformed us. I just want Klopp to have every opportunity in what time we have left with him as manager because he is the golden ticket and we need to take advantage of his tenure.

• Upvote 1

We always ignore that big splurge in 2011 that led to a league cup. Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and a whole host of shite. They've learned from then - and by and large nailed it these past few years. 

It was them who bought Coutinho as well. He didn't just come into existence.

The fact is, for us to be buying players at the very, very top of the market, we need loads of things to align; no bidding war, he needs to want to only play for us, we need to sell important players to get the funds, etc... That's just who we are as a club and it's not gonna change. The fact United are interested in Sancho probably automatically means we're out. We're not gonna compete with them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

This rabbit whole has been gone down by various other posters, which has thankfully seem a couple of them piss off.

If they are lining their pockets, kindly prove it. 

I said the vanity project was about them lining their pockets. They had to back out, and so there is nothing to prove. You can keep your fantasies if you think the most corrupt owners in footie coming together to form a new league would have been for a reason beyond themselves.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The fact is, for us to be buying players at the very, very top of the market, we need loads of things to align; no bidding war, he needs to want to only play for us, we need to sell important players to get the funds, etc... That's just who we are as a club and it's not gonna change. The fact United are interested in Sancho probably automatically means we're out. We're not gonna compete with them. 

I think not living through a Pandemic is one as well! Anyone who thinks over £100m in losses is to be ignored is not to be taken seriously. 

Some fans want us to be like City and Chelsea, they just don't have the balls to say it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Horus said:

I said the vanity project was about them lining their pockets. They had to back out, and so there is nothing to prove. You can keep your fantasies if you think the most corrupt owners in footie coming together to form a new league would have been for a reason beyond themselves.

There is nothing to prove. Ok.

Carry on.

6 minutes ago, Horus said:

So how the fuck are you paying for all these £80m squad players you want?

All this 'investment' nonsense is just that. You seem to want them to spend millions each year but not look to maximise earnings! We all fought against the ESL because it wasn't that important. 

What do you want owners (not just ours) to do? Unless you make £100m a year profit you can't spend £100m a year. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

This I agree with - but we have to be in it.

And it will happen.

If it happens, it will happen in daylight, and we would be guaranteed to be in it. Under those circumstances I'd understand why it was happening. i wouldn't want it, but I'd get it.

That answers your earlier question too.