You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I agree we need another forward but Sancho isn’t it. He’s a winger and we have two world class wingers and Jota. I reckon what we need is a target in the box. Someone Trent and Robbo could aim at. Sancho isn’t that player. 

I see some merit in this argument, but our team is just so set up in blocks these days, that unless we get players to break them, then we're a couple of seasons away from being in the kind of trouble that £20m net each season won't get close to fixing. We're not even in for the best strikers either, so what does that tell both of us? 

11 minutes ago, Horus said:

And yet we've finished above them once in 3 years. Not really sure I'd call that being in our wake, but we're all different. 

We reached 2 championsnleague finals then won the league. We are different, I don't compare us to a club owned by a country. And he ain't going to City. I like our model. It has proven successful. 

I also don't dismiss our achievements these past years so I can complain about a player who may or may not amount to anything. 

Sancho doesn't get in our side. And the only way you can counter that is by shitting on the current team to make your point. 

Just now, Jockey said:

We reached 2 championsnleague finals then won the league. We are different I don't compare us to a club owned by a country. And he ain't going to City.

I also don't dismiss our achievements these past years so I can complain about a player who may or may not amount to anything. 

Sancho doesn't get in our side. And the only way you can counter that is by shifting on the current team to make your point. 

You're arguing against things I didn't say. 

Just now, Horus said:

You're arguing against things I didn't say. 

No. You have just spend the last two pages dismissing our achievements and the current team to make your point about Sancho. 

As I said. What we 'need' is not Sancho. What you want is Sancho. 

Just now, Jockey said:

No. You have just spend the last two pages dismissing our achievements and the current team to make your point about Sancho. 

As I said. What we 'need' is not Sancho. What you want is Sancho. 

I didn't do that at all, but when Ronnie Moran used to tell players what they'd won was in the past, every pre-season, was he just dismissing them, too? 

I actually said nothing about our achievements, only what needed to happen moving forward. we can't keep running the same group of players into their 30's and expect things to just work themselves out.

7 minutes ago, Horus said:

I didn't do that at all, but when Ronnie Moran used to tell players what they'd won was in the past, every pre-season, was he just dismissing them, too? 

I actually said nothing about our achievements, only what needed to happen moving forward. we can't keep running the same group of players into their 30's and expect things to just work themselves out.

You don't play for Liverpool. I don't think moaning about not buying Sancho is equivalent to a motivation technique to endure league winners don't take their foot of the gas and lose focus.

And, i didn't suggest we stay as we are. So you are arguing against what I didn't say. There is a huge difference in demanding we sign Sancho as proof of seriousness and leaving things as they are. Buying Daka is that. 

3 minutes ago, Horus said:

If I wanted to do that, I'd do that, and you're definitely better than posting this kind of shit, at least I thought you were. 

Okay you never. So I apologise for that, but that is how your post read. Accusing FSG cruising on a few cups the next 30 years - if we didn't buy Sancho. 

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

You don't play for Liverpool. I don't think moaning about not buying Sancho is equivalent to a motivation technique to league winners. 

And, i didn't suggest we stay as we are. So you are arguing against what I didn't say. There is a huge difference in demanding we sign Sancho as proof of seriousness and leaving things as they are. Buying Daka is that. 

I gave an opinion. On a forum of all places, and now you're mortally offended. OK dude. Nothing is wrong at all, and we'll cruise the league again next season.

Just now, Horus said:

If I wanted to do that, I'd do that, and you're definitely better than posting this kind of shit, at least I thought you were. 

keep running the same group of players into their 30's

It is just not the case though man. Our transfers in have on the whole been extremely good over the last 5 years.

Transitioning the squad we have been burnt by Keita (he just turned 26). Not so much by Minamino (26) as the expectations were lower, but certainly I thought he would add a little more.

Jota (24) I thought was the form player of our season and extremely unlucky.

We've just bought Konate.

I have had similar with Baz on this. A few years ago we assembled a group to compete at the highest level for 3 seasons - we got fucked this year. That group is still amongst the very best in the world next season. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Okay you never. So I apologise for that, but that is how your post read. Accusing FSG cruising on a few cups the next 30 years - if we didn't buy Sancho. 

FSG are cruising but it's perfectly acceptable to think that doesn't have a negative affect on the team if that's what you think. I completely think they're holding us back, but I don't have 3billion to put my money where my mouth is.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

keep running the same group of players into their 30's

It is just not the case though man. Our transfers in have on the whole been extremely good over the last 5 years.

Transitioning the squad we have been burnt by Keita (he just turned 26). Not so much by Minamino (26) as the expectations were lower, but certainly I thought he would add a little more.

Jota (24) I thought was the form player of our season and extremely unlucky.

We've just bought Konate.

I have had similar with Baz on this. A few years ago we assembled a group to compete at the highest level for 3 seasons - we got fucked this year. That group is still amongst the very best in the world next season. 

I sort of agree here. We did assemble a great group of players, and I never thought we'd win the league again in my lifetime, and that's also now my biggest fear - we're resting on our laurels. We've done the stupidly difficult bit, and this will all fall away over the next couple of years. Klopp said he's here til '24, so we should be maximising this run, because when he leaves we're back to fighting for top 4.

Dave has already pointed out the drop off in goals from the front three season on season. Jota will go some way to addressing that but Bobby’s individual drop off is such that we have to look at a successor. Another body for the front line makes sense - not necessarily Sancho but we need to have somebody who isn’t just filler, like Origi is.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Dave has already pointed out the drop off in goals from the front three season on season. Jota will go some way to addressing that but Bobby’s individual drop off is such that we have to look at a successor. Another body for the front line makes sense - not necessarily Sancho but we need to have somebody who isn’t just filler, like Origi is.

More worried about Mane pal.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, been a rough ride the last few years.

We'll see what happens next season. What we did over 2 years, no one has ever done over 3, and city as champions were nowhere near where they'd been either.