You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

You get Sancho if you've got a chance. If we don't get a couple of players who can carry the ball through the lines and commit defenders, then things are going to be grim next season. A signing that would likely see out the best years of is career here should be a no-brainer, but seems we've had a taste and now FSG think they've got another 30 years in the bank for us to win the odd cup. 

After the shit they pulled a couple of months ago, the fact they have the easiest lives of any owners is fucking laughable. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Horus said:

You get Sancho if you've got a chance. If we don't get a couple of players who can carry the ball through the lines and commit defenders, then things are going to be grim next season. A signing that would likely see out the best years of is career here should be a no-brainer, but seems we've had a taste and now FSG think they've got another 30 years in the bank for us to win the odd cup. 

After the shit they pulled a couple of months ago, the fact they have the easiest lives of any owners is fucking laughable. 

I’m not sure if I agree. Sancho hasn’t proven himself in the league. Ideallly you’d let him prove himself capable of handling the Premier League at the likes of Newcastle or Southampton. I’d go for Pedro Neto, or Raphinha instead. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m not sure if I agree. Sancho hasn’t proven himself in the league. Ideallly you’d let him prove himself capable of handling the Premier League at the likes of Newcastle or Southampton. I’d go for Pedro Neto, or Raphinha instead. 

Sancho is on a different level imo, and it'll be obvious when he's playing for the cunts next season. Has the potential to be one of the top 2 or 3 in the world when he hits his peak in a few years time. Absolute stunning lack of foresight, ambition, and planning by us, but that's par.

14 minutes ago, Horus said:

You’ve an ever present leaving the club on a free.  Telling the world he wanted to stay, the manager wanted him to stay, the players wanted him to stay but things are happening behind the scenes and it’s not even raised an eyebrow anymore.  We also know he’ll only be replaced if we sell enough shite or Thiago will be spun as the replacement.

start as you mean to go on with these cunts.  Torres left cause we’d be spending nothing and going nowhere until it was too late for him.

You even had cunts lapping up the super league.  What an amazing idea to never win number 7 and destroy English football.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sancho would definitely not see out his career at LFC - in fact that goes for whatever team he signs for next.

Have no reason to believe an English kid coming home and playing in a successful team would want to uproot again in a few years, unless he ended up in average squad.

Either way, if he was the latest Real/Barca/PSG vanity product, we'd be getting more than our money back.

8 minutes ago, Horus said:

Sancho is on a different level imo, and it'll be obvious when he's playing for the cunts next season. Has the potential to be one of the top 2 or 3 in the world when he hits his peak in a few years time. Absolute stunning lack of foresight, ambition, and planning by us, but that's par.

It’s easy to look good in the Bundesliga. Think Mkhitaryan and Naby Keita. We don’t need to take the gamble IMO, not whilst we have Jota, Salah and Mane. For the same money we’d be able to get Bamford and Raphinha and we’d be so much better for it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Horus said:

Have no reason to believe an English kid coming home and playing in a successful team would want to uproot again in a few years, unless he ended up in average squad.

Either way, if he was the latest Real/Barca/PSG vanity product, we'd be getting more than our money back.

Liverpool isn't home. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

For the same money we’d be able to get Bamford and Raphinha and we’d be so much better for it.

Except we wouldn't be able to - doubt Leeds will sell anyone - they will be thinking about getting into Europe next season. No chance they sell both of those this summer.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Except we wouldn't be able to - doubt Leeds will sell anyone - they will be thinking about getting into Europe next season. No chance they sell both of those this summer.

£80m would get both IMO.

You are talking about spending £80m on a player who isn't starting for us. 

33 minutes ago, Horus said:

Got a chance of what? Winning the league? Winning the Champions league? 

We've done both of them and built a team competing at the highest level for 3 years without signing a vanity sideshow. We spent on VVD and Alison and they are the best in the world. Nothing I have seen from Sancho suggests he is getting to that level in the next few years. 

Our model is Mane and Mo, and the proof of the pudding is in the eating. United need to spend £80m on Sancho, we don't. They'll benefit from spending that amount next season - we won't. 

All this talk about what 'we need' is just arrogant nonsense. We have won the league, we've clearly not 'needed' anything. You may like something else  - but that is on you - but we don't 'need' it. An evolution in the squad is fine for us at the moment. Maybe if some of our fans appreciated the world class talent up front we wouldn't be losing our shit because we are not getting an overpriced Chris Waddle. 

• Upvote 6

It’s easy to look good in the Bundesliga. Think Mkhitaryan. We don’t need to take the gamble IMO, whilst we have Jota, Salah and Mane.

Unfortunately we'll be trotting out Firmino, Mo, Sadio most games. We play a midfield 3 that doesn't get forward or carry the ball, we have a wide 2 that don't really have that in their games, and Firmino should be moved on to the bench or replaced. Sancho would be RF's replacement for me, with mo moving inside but having licence to roam.

In order to keep up with city, we had to play last 10 games run-in footie for whole seasons, and we desperately need some creativity and pace in there.

5 minutes ago, Horus said:

Unfortunately we'll be trotting out Firmino, Mo, Sadio most games. We play a midfield 3 that doesn't get forward or carry the ball, we have a wide 2 that don't really have that in their games, and Firmino should be moved on to the bench or replaced. Sancho would be RF's replacement for me, with mo moving inside but having licence to roam.

In order to keep up with city, we had to play last 10 games run-in footie for whole seasons, and we desperately need some creativity and pace in there.

I agree we need another forward but Sancho isn’t it. He’s a winger and we have two world class wingers and Jota. I reckon what we need is a target in the box. Someone Trent and Robbo could aim at. Sancho isn’t that player. Mane Salah Bamford >>>> Mane Sancho Salah IMO

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

We didn't keep up with City. We left them in our wake. Mo has been near the top of the scoring charts for 4 years. 

And yet we've finished above them once in 3 years. Not really sure I'd call that being in our wake, but we're all different. 

If it’s true that we’re looking at raising £60m through sales then it shouldn’t be out of the realms of possibility that we’d be able to have a go at signing Sancho but we definitely won’t. Klopp would have to sell one of his most influential first teamers in the shape of Salah, Mane or Bobby to accommodate him and you just know he values squad harmony above all else.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Henderson was never going to be one of the 2 or 3 best players in the world. 

So you're agreeing with me on that bit? Good job we avoid him then. Who wants that caliber of player for either 10 years, or 5 years and a ridiculous fee? Why win twice when we can be happy with excuses instead? 

I agree we need another forward but Sancho isn’t it. He’s a winger and we have two world class wingers and Jota. I reckon what we need is a target in the box. Someone Trent and Robbo could aim at. Sancho isn’t that player. Mane Salah Bamford >>>> Mane Sancho Salah IMO

Never change, mate.

• Upvote 1