You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I'm still not sure he will go to United. He didn't act the knobhead last year to force a move which made me think he was hoping for another club to come in. He's obviously a bright enough lad and/or  has good lads representing him. Certainly, he went up in my estimation and Jurgen will have noted how he conducted himself. Has United's stock gone up this year? Not for me. Losing to the 7th best team in Spain and finishing above an injury raveged Liverpool and a Chelsea team managed by a pub landlord level coach for 4 months isn't a good return.

Think I heard he's a Chelsea fan, so would not be shocked if they bought him and Haaland this summer. Say 150 or 160 million and Werner would be very tempting to Dortmund. 

From our side, I've no doubt we would be all over this, but it would probably involve selling Mo or Sadio to fund it, unless we sell about 5 or 6. I just can't see us buying him and making him probably the biggest earner at the club, when we have others with contract negotiations coming up.

I don't see Haaland going. Simply because it makes no sense to pay £130m when you can pay half next year. They'll be looking for a huge wage so, the lower fee helps in that regard and despite what the current situation is - Madrid, Barca still have a lot of pull. 

I still think that is why City won't buy Kane - I think they want Haaland as well. Although they could afford both - it would be taking the piss if they did buy them both. I guess Pep isn't thinking of 10 years, but 2 and Kane helps in those 2. 

I don’t see Dortmund letting both Haaland and Sancho go this season. One, yes, but. It both. Looks like the Haaland/Chelsea talk is already cooling. If Sancho goes anywhere I think it’ll be United.

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

At a time of the pandemic, the footballing authorities said they'd 'ease' financial fair play criteria in the Premier League due to the severe impact no crowds would have on the clubs.

Im seeing reports chelsea are reportedly ready to pay £170m for Haaland. Im also seeing reports that city are going to give guardiola upwards of £200m to spend and, if Kane does leave Spurs, the majority of the £200m will go on him no doubt with more then made available for a clutch of other players costing £50m+ to warm city's bench.

How the fuck could the football authorities allow 2 clubs with mega rich owners to take advantage of the financial relaxation? The idea is to help clubs during a period of financial hardship, not give 2 fucking well off cunts the chance to spend excessively while others are having to be aware of what money they have coming into the club.

It's a fucking joke the football authorities never see stuff like this coming. I can only come to the conclusion they dont fucking care because they're all getting slaps on the back for the PL being such a success and getting all the freebies that come with it.

Any day now, Im expecting city's mouthpiece (no that stuart brennan of the MEN), mansour's man who actually runs the club day to day to come out with yet more bullshit about 'sporting integrity.'

Meanwhile, the world football authorities do fuck all to halt the 'city group' buying up other clubs around the world no doubt because they think money is going into those clubs. Yeah, dont bother about that and them squewing the game in their respective leagues, it's all sporting integrity, innit?

Rant fucking over.

And a fine and truthful rant it was.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Origi is our own fault. We had the chance to let him go for a reasonable amount and didn’t.

I think we either thought or hoped that he would kick on but he went backwards. I think he needs to move for his own benefit he could becomeva decent option in the right team. If he goes I hope it works out for him.

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I'd trust the Bunnymen's old drum machine more. 

Hearing that Jurgen will not be seeking to CUTTER back the squad this summer.

The affable German conceded defeat in keeping popular midfielder Gini Wijnaldum because NOTHING LASTS FOREVER. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Hearing that Jurgen will not be seeking to CUTTER back the squad this summer.

The affable German conceded defeat in keeping popular midfielder Gini Wijnaldum because NOTHING LASTS FOREVER. 

and if we sign Mbappe it will be BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES time, i think Kloppo would swim the SEVEN SEAS  to get him and as for Origi sorry mate love the memory's but NOTHING LASTS FOREVER 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, index1000 said:

and if we sign Mbappe it will be BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES time, i think Kloppo would swim the SEVEN SEAS  to get him and as for Origi sorry mate love the memory's but NOTHING LASTS FOREVER 

ECHO and the Bunnymen.

• Upvote 3