You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Christ if city get Kane and Grealish that is a nightmare side.

Cheating off the book fucks who are killing the game. 

Even if they do, if we can get back to last years side with the fans and CB returning we will be there with them. 

It'll be fucking hard but not impossible. My concern isn't with City but with how we cope losing Salah and Mane for a month in the busiest part of the season for fucking internationals again, and Salah better not fuck off to Japan for the Olympics 

I'd rather they get Kane than Haaland mind

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'd rather they get Kane than Haaland mind

Kane is better suited to their style of football. I'm not 100% sure on Haaland in a Guardiola side. They also need to add more home grown players to their squad, so I can see why they would go for Kane and Grealish .

The best we can hope for is that they smash the transfer record for Kane and then Kane smashes his ankles. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Kane is better suited to their style of football. I'm not 100% sure on Haaland in a Guardiola side. They also need to add more home grown players to their squad, so I can see why they would go for Kane and Grealish .

The best we can hope for is that they smash the transfer record for Kane and then Kane smashes his ankles. 

That's why i would rather they get Kane

Huge money,huge wages(though im sure they say he is on 120k a week) but he will be lucky to play 75% of games a season these days. His ankles are fucked and he is already starting to drop deeper like Rooney did. He is a great player but he won't be playing into his mid 30s.

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That's why i would rather they get Kane

Huge money,huge wages(though im sure they say he is on 120k a week) but he will be lucky to play 75% of games a season these days. His ankles are fucked and he is already starting to drop deeper like Rooney did. He is a great player but he won't be playing into his mid 30s.

If he goes to City then it will help him as they will rest him and won't run him in to the ground the way that Spurs have.

It also gives the tabloid rags the chance to do a 'Cityzen Kane' pun, if they haven't already?

41 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Christ if city get Kane and Grealish that is a nightmare side.

Cheating off the book fucks who are killing the game. 

I thought the same when Chelsea signed Shevchenko and Ballack. Seemed nailed on to make a great side nigh on unbeatable; things rarely work out that way.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I thought the same when Chelsea signed Shevchenko and Ballack. Seemed nailed on to make a great side nigh on unbeatable; things rarely work out that way.

A very fair point.

And also, if they lose Sterling, Aguero and Jesus to sign him, it impacts their squad more & more susceptible to injuries.

Still, I'd rather they didn't sign him! 

Kane strolls around the place when the opposition have the ball.

He can give an assist and score a goal with the best of them but he doesn't pass and move.

He is the most un-Pep like forward they could go after. Reminds me of the Ibrahimovic purchase when he was at Barca. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

You’re about 12 hours late on this timeless quip.

Plus, if we were to sign a player for a fortune, The Echo would be the last to know. They’ll be to busy writing about players rating increasing on FM21 or FIFA.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

You’re about 12 hours late on this timeless quip.

Plus, if we were to sign a player for a fortune, The Echo would be the last to know. They’ll be to busy writing about players rating increasing on FM21 or FIFA.

Apologies, I've been too busy laughing at Everton.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Jockey said:

I honestly don't understand the anger/sarcasm here! Look at the current squad and TAA is one of our best players, and Jones is one of our most promising - we paid money for Elliot to come through which is what he is doing. I can't imagine Dortmund forums reacting this way to an article a few years ago about how 'Sancho could save them millions of Euro's'. I mean, we shouldn't be expecting critical analysis from the Echo - it is a local paper. 

That is what the youth system is for - to provide players and, or funds. Jones literally did save us millions - and he will save us even more this coming season. I'd rather Elliot comes through than we spend £40m on Rafina (who I do rate). I can see Gordon being touted in a year or two as well. 

Because they run one of these daily and not normally with players as good as Elliot - who by the way still has miles to go. A week ago they run one with some players I've never even heard of. 

Of course everyone is happy when we have a kid who makes it. But he's not really saving us millions when he does, it's what football clubs do. What's the next story, shock at mcvities do another spin on hobnobs to increase revenues in the tough 3rd quarter for biscuits? 

What would be really great for Elliot and all the other kids is if these cunts in the echo and other publications stopped putting pressure on these boys to save Liverpool millions and just let them get on with the careers, there's plenty of time to hype them if they actually achieve something. They hyped the shit out of Billy Koumetio before the start of this season, yet he's behind Rhys Williams now and maybe even Ben Davies. It's hard enough to make it at a super club if you're an established footballer, these kids don't need ridiculous endless hype. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Because they run one of these daily and not normally with players as good as Elliot - who by the way still has miles to go. A week ago they run one with some players I've never even heard of. 

Of course everyone is happy when we have a kid who makes it. But he's not really saving us millions when he does, it's what football clubs do. What's the next story, shock at mcvities do another spin on hobnobs to increase revenues in the tough 3rd quarter for biscuits? 

What would be really great for Elliot and all the other kids is if these cunts in the echo and other publications stopped putting pressure on these boys to save Liverpool millions and just let them get on with the careers, there's plenty of time to hype them if they actually achieve something. They hyped the shit out of Billy Koumetio before the start of this season, yet he's behind Rhys Williams now and maybe even Ben Davies. It's hard enough to make it at a super club if you're an established footballer, these kids don't need ridiculous endless hype. 

Of course they save us millions if they make it, if he takes Salah's place in 2 years he has saved us tens of millions by not having to buy a ready made replacement. 

They're just doing their job trying to generate clicks to keep a newspaper open. There isn't an LFC story every day but they have to find one, they go through the tried and trusted rehashing of stories like Elliott saving the clubs millions. Anyone with a brain knows 99% of these stories are made up shite, why anyone would get upset by them is beyond me.

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I think Kane has been extremely resilient with injuries, and either that will continue or his luck will run out.  

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yeah, fuck me that was depressing to hear they'd signed those two.  I mean, younger lads, they don't realise.  

2003/04 they sign Crespo, Veron, Makelele, Duff, Mutu.  Finish 2nd. 

2004/05 they add Drogba, Carvalho, Robben, Cech, Ferreira, and finish 1st. 

2005/06 they add Essien, Maniche, and finish 1st. 

So that's a brilliant team,  two titles in a row, and then 2006/07 they add Shevchenko, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Obi Mikel...and they finish 2nd.  

At that time, Shevchenko was basically Harry Kane.  

12 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Shevchenko was well better than Harry Kane, until we broke him.

How the fuck did we beat that milan side i'll never know

If ever a game should have been dead and buried on paper it was that one

Dida

Maldini

Nesta

Stam

Cafu

Gattuso

Seedorf

Pirlo

Kaka

Shevchenko