You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

14 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

We've been linked to Raphinha and Patson Daka today. Buying anyone from a PL team now is expensive but some clubs still want to wait and see whether a foreign player does well with a team playing in their league. 

i saw something this morning saying 32m. didn't leeds pay not far short of that for him (maybe 20m?)? it seems really low if they did. Why would they sell? 

I can see Daka coming in for Origi and Raphina for Shaqiri but only if there’s an incentive for Leeds to sell. If we can replace the dud squad players with people who at least have potential to challenge the established order like Jota did whilst offsetting a chunk of the fee by selling the duds then we’ll be doing good business. Ideally we replace first team players with better players and demote the first teamers to squad players but we have a brilliant first team and not a lot of money to spend.

Raphina will be difficult this window. He’s a long contract and doesn’t look like there’s any chance of him agitating for a move. Money, of course, could talk but we won’t talk loud enough.

No harm in fluttering our eyes in his direction though. We might need to play the long game here. 

9 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Arguably the best midfielder in Italy - I can't see Inter allowing him to leave in all honesty. 

Stats comparison from FBref.com against Gini and Tielemans - here.

Now that the boring factual stats are out the way, let's have a look at the important stuff...

FIFA21 card/stats - Sofifa.com

image.png.0c16d7d31c1b0b04e994e3e75498138c.png

FM21 initial attributes:

image.thumb.png.f8e557e265c7f50b9282c5bc74d28c69.png

FM21 attributes in February 2022 (From a personal save):

image.thumb.png.ae6e8bbfdd2677ab5c3ebfad2b16492e.png

FM21 history from the same save:

image.thumb.png.9a597def248a2108b927b8ad0e2cb5a5.png

Complimentary YouTube video with accompanying noise.

All those years playing call of duty together and I never realised you're Michael Edwards. 

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Man City Chairman has confirmed that they are going to spend big this summer on a couple of quality players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57324587

No need for a super league FFP will be applied , level playing field, every team can dream and has a chance to compete and all that shite . Unless you have an Klopp we are going to see more of what went on last Saturday night. 

8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Man City Chairman has confirmed that they are going to spend big this summer on a couple of quality players.

I know there's the obvious lure of straight up cash when it comes to man City. 

But besides that, what else do they offer, they're a nothing club. 

I'd actually hazard a guess that the recent champions league final was the least watched final of the past 20 years? 

I know some players would be easily lured, but there's plenty that would still target play for a real club that also provide a genuine chance of winning silverware. Just look at van dijk, mane or alisson for instance. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I know there's the obvious lure of straight up cash when it comes to man City. 

But besides that, what else do they offer, they're a nothing club. 

I'd actually hazard a guess that the recent champions league final was the least watched final of the past 20 years? 

I know some players would be easily lured, but there's plenty that would still target play for a real club that also provide a genuine chance of winning silverware. Just look at van dijk, mane or alisson for instance. 

I’d assume a big one is money, careers are finite and extremely short and knowing the club will be making similar signings will therefore be increasing your chances of winning stuff. On top of that they have brilliant facilities, top coaches and will put you at the top of the game (CL every year). 

While they may have dreamed of playing for an illustrious historic club when they were younger they will be given the chance to become ‘icons’ at city relatively easily especially when you consider their competition would be Uwe Rosler and Shaun Goater.

Put it this way, if a new company offered me a massive pay rise, interesting work and the chance to be with the best i would ditch my place. Honestly I was surprised when VVD chose us ahead of city as it would have been easier for him there.

unless you’re a fan of a particular team as a player you’d have to look at it like any other career move.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Bit of a different take to The Athletic.

City want Kane and Grealish if they can raise funds through sales. 

Talk of Sterling & Jesus + cash being offered to Spurs for Kane.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Bit of a different take to The Athletic.

City want Kane and Grealish if they can raise funds through sales. 

Talk of Sterling & Jesus + cash being offered to Spurs for Kane.

Sterling and Jesus won't go there