You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wouldn't be shocked to find out that thiago was Gini's replacement. You would hope for a rethink considering how few players we've been able to get on the pitch on a regular basis. 

I think 3 obvious down the spine players should be a minimum. Konate fills the gap we had coming into last season. We need someone to replace Gini even if the plan was thiago. Then another forward with a Jota type profile. But I suspect that'll only happen should origi go. And the midfielder should Wilson, Grujic and/or Shaq go. 

I think that’s pretty much right.

The only thing that will have changed Klopp’s thinking since last summer is that he may have completely given up on Keita as a midfield option, and Ox is hanging by a thread.

15 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

More Boston than San Francisco cocksucker, but otherwise, yes.

Nice reference. A show I've been meaning to re-watch the three seasons of at some point, as there was a HBO movie last year that finished things up I think. 

• Upvote 1

The latest James Pearce article in the Athletic is a bit sobering. 

It doesn’t sound like the club are planning to spend much this summer and any further incomings past Konate will be funded by departures. 

According to the article:

Keita and Chamberlain are staying.

Klopp is happy with Williams and Tsimikas as back up full backs. 
Unlikely to sign a new midfielder to replace Gini

Bissouma is not a target

A new attacker comes in only if Shaqiri and Origi leave. Attacker will not be elite level (Mbappe, Sancho etc)

No new GK unless Adrian leaves

Glad to see that Champions League money is a difference maker...

26 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

It doesn’t sound like the club are planning to spend much this summer and any further incomings past Konate will be funded by departures. 

Bissouma is not a target

A new attacker comes in only if Shaqiri and Origi leave. Attacker will not be elite level (Mbappe, Sancho etc)

ive been told by a mate that works at Brighton they are interested in Grujic and we are very much interested in Bissouma just have to wait and see i guess 

3 minutes ago, andyj said:

ive been told by a mate that works at Brighton they are interested in Grujic and we are very much interested in Bissouma just have to wait and see i guess 

Straight swap. It's a south coast club and they love being absolutely had right off by us. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Nice reference. A show I've been meaning to re-watch the three seasons of at some point, as there was a HBO movie last year that finished things up I think. 

Rewatching it now. It's fucking ace.

Swearengen and EB Farnum are phenomenal characters.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Keita and Chamberlain are staying because no cunt will buy them. 

If the ox can stay fit* he's a valuable squad player and the homegrown quota thing. Gutted he got that injury against Roma, he was on his way to being a top player for us. 

*giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Gini’s minutes will be replaced by Thiago and Curtis Jones. We will only purchase another midfielder (Bissouma?) if we find a buyer for Keita IMO.

My guess is we will sell Origi and buy a young striker to replace him. 

I’d like us to buy a solid utility player in the mould of James Justin or Ben Godfrey to cover for both full back positions, but it sounds like Klopp are happy to give Tsimikas and Neco another season to prove themselves.

James Justin is a good call, aRdja, but it might be difficult to get him away from a well run club like Leicester without over-paying. Maybe getting Godfrey from a desperate, mid-table and badly run club in need of balancing the books, like Everton, would be more realistic. He might want to play for a big club now, unless he's already gone full-on blue mong, that is.

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I think that’s pretty much right.

The only thing that will have changed Klopp’s thinking since last summer is that he may have completely given up on Keita as a midfield option, and Ox is hanging by a thread.

I'm not sure klopp gives up on anyone unless they have a poor attitude. That's not to say he wouldn't sell if Edwards spreadsheet says yes, but I think that's the case anyway. 

58 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Bissouma is not a target

Your champions League money got spent this morning otherwise we'd be waiting to offload players to fund that too 

I'll be terribly disappointed if we don't buy a CM to replace Gini. One of Bissouma or Rodrigo De Paul will do but Bissouma will be heading to the African Cup. 

I have faith in Klopp but to handicap him is not what we want in the last 3 years of his contract.