You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I'm not on about ikone because I've never heard of him but why waste money on squad purchases, players who aren't quite good enough we can just promote from youth or push current first team players out. Use cash on players you genuinely believe improve our chances, fuck spending on insurance policy players who you pray you never have to use.

23 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Lille sold Nicolas Pepe to Arsenal for big money 2 years ago, and Victor Osimhen to Napoli last summer again for big money. They were players with at least some tangible numbers to measure their productivity and effectiveness in Ligue 1. Ikone doesn't have that and, even though the rumoured fee is much smaller than for those other two, it's a lot of money to sign a work-in-progress when we need players to offer more outside of our established front 3 (and Jota). We aren't the right club for a player looking to improve his wayward shooting!

Ikone is not at all similar to Osimhen and Pepe. The numbers should not be compared. In the event we would sign Ikone, he would play in behind of Mane, Salah and Jota. It would be comparable to Shaqiri in positioning. 

41 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Kelleher will be out on loan by the sound of things, as long as we have a recall then it shouldn't matter

I'd like to see Rhys and Neco Williams out on loan

One of Davies or Phillips will stay as emergency CB i reckon

Don't see any point in keeping Miamino 

Pretty much the same with Keita, Ox will stay unless a good bid comes in. 

Can't see the club having a massive turnover of players

We won't loan any centre backs out until the main 3 have proved they're fit again, which will take months.

There is no way in hell Davies will be here next season.

Same for Minamino (loan at best).

Should be the same for Keita, but you never know with Klopp and his loyalty.

If Kelleher is loaned out, we'll surely be buying a keeper?!

Don’t know if this has been mentioned.

Apparently the journalist at the bottom of the thread is very good on Belgium players and confirms Tielemans is on our list of targets to replace Wijnaldum.

Obviously doesn’t mean we’ll sign Tielemans but I wouldn’t be surprised if we were looking at him.

IMO, I think he looks a good player & similar to Gini in certains ways. He doesn’t seem as strong or able to put in some of the turbo-Gini performances we’ve seen though. 

Like Kane in midweek, Tielemans did a big, emotional, solo lap of honour at Leicester on the final game.

Personally, I can’t see him coming to us as I think he’d be to expensive. I know Leicester have been linked with Keita, although not necessarily Keita, I could only see us being able to afford Tielemans if some sort of make weight was possible, which in reality rarely happens. 

CF113254-305B-40FD-81D0-FD9F4B6BC85A.png

8 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Beef burger-head will squash all this buying a new midfielder talk within 48 hours, mark my words.

It's very possible when you think about the fact that Konate will give us 4 first team CB's (5 with Phillips), while Fabinho won't be an option at CB anymore like he was this season and Thiago replaces Gini numerically. 

If we can't flush Keita, I bet there's a chance we don't sign a midfielder. 

13 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I think Tielemans is a class act and would be a fantastic addition. Different player to Gini, far more creative.

Another cm I like is Corentin Tolisso, French lad at Bayern. Doesn't seem to get much of a look in and perhaps a bargain to be had?

He's one of that generation of French players from around 2017 and 2018 (like Bakayoko, Lemar and Fekir) that everyone was raving about, who got big money moves but have flattered to deceive ever since, for various reasons. We already have a Guinean who fits that mold.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

He's one of that generation of French players from around 2017 and 2018 (like Bakayoko, Lemar and Fekir) that everyone was raving about, who got big money moves but have flattered to deceive ever since, for various reasons. We already have a Guinean who fits that mold.

He's Belgian. Flemish Belgian. 

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Think Id rather have that Maddison than Tielmens and even then, Im not fully convinced by him either.

Maddison is over rated, has become injury prone and is seemingly a thick cunt. His little party went along way to costing them top 4. Klopp wouldn't him in a million years.

• Upvote 1