You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The club must feel like many of Konte issues have been to do with him still growing. Anyone my age and older will remember Gerrard having some issues at the same age, though he didn't miss anywhere near as many games.

I think it’s mostly that three of the injuries were a big one that got aggravated a couple of times. The only other one that kept him out for more than a very brief spell is an ankle injury this season, so I suppose the club can’t think that’s indicative of anything much. I trust they’ll be thorough after all that’s happened his season.

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/news/the-athletics-raphael-honigstein-quashes-rb-leipzig-defender-ibrahima-konates-injury-prone-claims-ahead-of-proposed-liverpool-move

In a recent article for The Athletic, Honigstein, the Bundesliga expert said"There’s a perception that the player has been injury-prone. 

"In reality, he’s suffered one serious injury: to his hip flexor muscle. It needed surgery in France last summer after a recurrence and is the main reason his game time has been limited, and the hype turned down a lot. 

"Previous and subsequent complaints have been very minor, though. Rangnick, for one, is certain that he is destined for great things."

I don't know if the problem with Konaté is even the injuries. The fact he's played little football for the past 2 seasons and will now be expected to play at the highest level for a top team will be tough. You have to hope Virg, Joe and Matip will be able to make the transition easier by being fit to start the season.

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Surely can’t be a striker with those numbers? Must be a midfielder.

I think we all know FM scouts are the best place to get definitive information on a player. This has him as an inside forward. He must be a forward like that Joelinton for Newcastle is a forward.

Jonathan Ikoné - FM 2021 player rating & reviews | FM Scout

His preferred foot is Left and his best role is Inside Forward

28 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I think we all know FM scouts are the best place to get definitive information on a player. This has him as an inside forward. He must be a forward like that Joelinton for Newcastle is a forward.

Jonathan Ikoné - FM 2021 player rating & reviews | FM Scout

Only one in form card on FUT this year as well. Must be shit.

5 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Wow, u r like my wife... Jumped on a mistake immediately

Haha - it's online, its a cunts paradise.

Good job you didn't say their instead of there - I'd have been all over that like a boring cunt! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

12 goals in 137 games? Normally I’d wait for comment from our Ligue 1 experts but it’s a no for me, dog. 

2448EE44-4CF7-4795-87BC-45C5A6EEF2A3.png

D830F1AA-D112-4924-B395-0EC9AF720FFE.png

He is indeed a bit frustrating to watch and wasteful. But he's also been touted as Dortmund's favoured Sancho replacement and they know what they're doing. He does have some unique qualities. Is very quick but plays more between the lines than out wide. His pace and acceleration in the middle of the pitch is very dangerous. As a counter attacking player, he's hard to stop. 

• Upvote 1