You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

If that's the case, why the fuck did we not do that in January?

We were top of the league going in to the January transfer window, if we'd had this transfer ready at the start of the window we might have actually defended the title and gone further in the Champions League!

We did talk to them about both their CB from what i read. My biggest guess would be as soon as we drew them in the Champions league any chance of a deal was off the table

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

We were top of the league going in to the January transfer window, if we'd had this transfer ready at the start of the window we might have actually defended the title and gone further in the Champions League!

RBL were also fighting for the title at that time.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Spanish league signings 

Reina 

arbeloa 

xabi 

litmanen 

Torres

german one is harder I mean the keeper for starters isn’t the best option. 

karius

matip

babbel

thiago

bobby 

Would you not have Karl Heinze in there instead of Karius? 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Erm, because they probably said ‘no, we are fighting for a title and can’t replace him’ or ‘current price is 100m’. Seems a strange criticism on the day we sign him. ‘Fuck, the only thing I can complain about is why we didn’t do it last window’. 

Just now, Bad Red Bull said:

RBL were also fighting for the title at that time.

That journo that came out after the first leg stating that Leipzig would be happy going out to us so they could concentrate on the domestic double might want to keep his head down

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

We did talk to them about both their CB from what i read. My biggest guess would be as soon as we drew them in the Champions league any chance of a deal was off the table

Yeah, that makes sense, although we could have made some sort of agreement that we wouldn't play him in those games?

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Who knows. Maybe they didn’t want to sell him the club they were due to face in the CL? 

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

We were playing them! 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Good news. Good player, one of the top young CBs in Europe, where we need them, for a big fee, with little fuss, done early. 

They might find it tough to moan about this one. 

Hold my beer.

They wouldn’t dare not back Klopp after the ESL debacle.

Yeah, that makes sense, although we could have made some sort of agreement that we wouldn't play him in those games?

Any agreement wouldn't have been legal i don't think. 

Could see it know

Yeah we won't play him

200.gif

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Erm, because they probably said ‘no, we are fighting for a title and can’t replace him’ or ‘current price is 100m’. Seems a strange criticism on the day we sign him. ‘Fuck, the only thing I can complain about is why we didn’t do it last window’. 

He wasn't playing for them at that point anyway. He's only started 3/4 games for them this calendar year.

I just find it odd that that we've waited until our first choice Centre back's start to regain fitness before signing him. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Any agreement wouldn't have been legal i don't think. 

Did Allerdyce let it slip he agreed not to play Snodgraas against West Ham earlier in the season?

I know it was frowned upon but did they actually break any law?

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

He wasn't playing for them at that point anyway. He's only started 3/4 games for them this calendar year.

I just find it odd that that we've waited until our first choice Centre back's start to regain fitness before signing him. 

There was noway they were selling their CB to us to strengthen us before we play them in the Champions League! 

It’s a position that needed filling anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Good news. Good player, one of the top young CBs in Europe, where we need them, for a big fee, with little fuss, done early. 

They might find it tough to moan about this one. 

Uh, you've never heard of his injuries, mate? There's loads to moan about.

All kidding aside, Konaté's a project. Hasn't played much football the past couple of years.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Did Allerdyce let it slip he agreed not to play Snodgraas against West Ham earlier in the season?

I know it was frowned upon but did they actually break any law?

Im pretty sure it kicked up a stink because it is against the rules, once you sell a player you can't enforce anything like that.