You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

15 hours ago, Scott_M said:

How reputable is The Parisien?

Assuming it’s not a rehash, not the first time I’ve seen this story.

You can guess where I’m going next...

78EE090F-81ED-4978-B429-782C2CA63730.png

Pretty reliable but this one is just so vague it does not mean anything. And they can’t spend much without selling because of Neymar and M’Bappé’s wages.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Twitter transfer update:

Konate - scanned and in the shopping bag.

Sancho - being scanned.

Bissouma - still in the shopping basket.

Two of them in for scans already. Can we just have a team of Andy Robertsons who can run through brick walls without even getting a scratch? 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Twitter transfer update:

Konate - scanned and in the shopping bag.

Sancho - being scanned.

Bissouma - still in the shopping basket.

Is it like one of those amazon shops where you leave before handing any money over?

34 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Pretty reliable but this one is just so vague it does not mean anything. And they can’t spend much without selling because of Neymar and M’Bappé’s wages.

Out of contract in 2022 & has allegedly told them he’s not resigning. 

So I’d assume, it’s they sell this summer or lose on a free next summer. 

I'm guessing the Salah is in relation to Mbappe - but, the reason why Salah would consider PSG is because both Barcelona and Madrid have no money, so - how can Mbappe be moving to Madrid? 

I can see Salah going to PSG as I can see them paying the money we'd want for him. My worry is that he does want Madrid and by leaving his contract to its last year they could afford him. If that is the case then I think we have to sell him this year - Sancho being the obvious replacement! I have no problem with moving Salah on at the height of his value - so long as he is used to buy quality replacements, not to simply fund a general transfer window. If we can get £125m for Salah and that goes on Sancho and Gravenbach then I am fine with that. I wouldn't be fine with selling Salah and buying Konate, Bissouma, Mallen, Hlozek - and still keeping the likes of Origi, Wilson, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I'm guessing the Salah is in relation to Mbappe - but, the reason why Salah would consider PSG is because both Barcelona and Madrid have no money, so - how can Mbappe be moving to Madrid? 

I can see Salah going to PSG as I can see them paying the money we'd want for him. My worry is that he does want Madrid and by leaving his contract to its last year they could afford him. If that is the case then I think we have to sell him this year - Sancho being the obvious replacement! I have no problem with moving Salah on at the height of his value - so long as he is used to buy quality replacements, not to simply fund a general transfer window. If we can get £125m for Salah and that goes on Sancho and Gravenbach then I am fine with that. I wouldn't be fine with selling Salah and buying Konate, Bissouma, Mallen, Hlozek - and still keeping the likes of Origi, Wilson, etc. 

The club's fucking mad to let Mo get into the last 2 years of his contract without opening talks. The last 2 years quickly becomes 1 and as we all know, 1 year quickly becomes free to talk to foreign clubs in the last 6 months.

Selling Mo, would be like selling Keegan, Torres etc. Unless he really wants to go or wants a ludicrous amount of wedge, the club needs to sort this shit and quick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

The club's fucking mad to let Mo get into the last 2 years of his contract without opening talks. The last 2 years quickly becomes 1 and as we all know, 1 year quickly becomes free to talk to foreign clubs in the last 6 months.

Selling Mo, would be like selling Keegan, Torres etc. Unless he really wants to go or wants a ludicrous amount of wedge, the club needs to sort this shit and quick.

Totally agree. I'm not sure what the delay is - the pandemic can't be the sole reason. He is our best forward, so we face the potential of losing the top scorer in the league and having to change the way we play - I think Mo allows us to accommodate Firmino, without Mo scoring the way he does the centre forward needs to score more. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I get what your saying about Keegan and Torres etc but we also then got Dalglish and Suarez. 

It’s obviously a massively tall order but it might be convenient for both us and PSG to come to a mutual arrangement on Salah and Mbappe. 

From reading articles it seems like we’ve previously tried to do a lot of ground work on Mbappe. I’d even accept writing into Mbappes contract that in 3 /4 seasons, if he wants, we’d be prepared to negotiate with Madrid for him - he’d still only be 27-ish then.