You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

If Salah is going to fucking about at the Olympics and then the AFCON next season, we’d be better cutting our ties with him. 

EDIT - Maybe not. The Olympics starts 21st July. Knockouts start 31st July. Tournament finished 7th August. The season starts on the 14th. So in all likelihood he’ll be back for the start of the season. 

The AFCON is due to run from

the 8th Jan to the 5th Feb. So we’ll likely be without Salah and Mane all of January. 

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Who is gonna pay north of 75 mil for Mane?

We seem to be pushing ahead with Konaté and Malen regardless. 

Maybe if we got ourselves into 4th we’d have the extra money? 

I saw a report today that Dortmund want Ox? No idea it’s credibility. 

I’m just thinking out loud, likely no substance to it!

I really like Sancho - I think he would be perfect for us, but - he is far from the finished article and if I was paying over £50m for a player I would want that. 

I'm not arsed about selling to buy - that is what a self-sustaining club does. Selling Salah/Mane for *Sancho is okay, selling Salah/Mane for Konate, Mallen isn't. 

*As I say, I don't think he is worth it. 

• Like 1

Would anyone else look at Agüero as a short term option if money is tight? He’s 33 in June, but I wouldn’t be averse to giving him a two year contract. High wages but no transfer fee, and a real goal threat. Only issue I can see is that he’s picked up quite a few injuries these last few years.

Yeah agreed with the Abraham calls

You would lose the link up play but he is a proper goalscorer. 

Sounds like you could get the dutch lad Malen and Daka for the same price and i'd imagine their combined wages would be what Abraham would want

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Does anyone really think Chelsea would sell to us?

I don't think they'd be that worried about selling Abraham to us. Tuchel doesn't seem to rate him at all. 

The speculation is that he'd cost about £40 million and is on 50k a week, so he'd be a realistic target for us.  He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd much rather him than Origi or Minamino ever playing for us again.  

Chelsea's entire business model is loaning out young players until they refuse to sign a contract at which point they sell them. They'd sell to us rather than risk losing him on a free. Mind you there's no guarantee the player would be interested in the move, he might want to fight for his place.

26 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I don't think they'd be that worried about selling Abraham to us. Tuchel doesn't seem to rate him at all. 

The speculation is that he'd cost about £40 million and is on 50k a week, so he'd be a realistic target for us.  He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd much rather him than Origi or Minamino ever playing for us again.  

Fair enough, you’d much rather him than Div or Mini........................but for 40 fucking million?!!!!. We buy a Forward for 40m, I’d expect him to be better than Tammy fucking Abraham

• Upvote 1

Got to be honest and say if a 100ml offer come in for Salah i would really consider it. Not because i don't rate him but because of his going public with this new deal, he has two years left, constantly flashing his eyes at Madrid and is happy to fuck off during preseason to play for Egypt knowing that he is going to leave us in the shit in january as well by fucking off for a month for the ACON. There is a good chance he misses nearly 25% of our league games next year so he can play international football. Yeah Mane is going aswell but nobody is fronting up 100ml for him after this season. 

We don't have owners that are going to fund any major purchase without selling and this is pretty much the last chance we have. If we don't get a new deal done this year it will be another Can and Gini where we watch him walk away on a free

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Got to be honest and say if a 100ml offer come in for Salah i would really consider it. Not because i don't rate him but because of his going public with this new deal, he has two years left, constantly flashing his eyes at Madrid and is happy to fuck off during preseason to play for Egypt knowing that he is going to leave us in the shit in january as well by fucking off for a month for the ACON. There is a good chance he misses nearly 25% of our league games next year so he can play international football. Yeah Mane is going aswell but nobody is fronting up 100ml for him after this season. 

We don't have owners that are going to fund any major purchase without selling and this is pretty much the last chance we have. If we don't get a new deal done this year it will be another Can and Gini where we watch him walk away on a free

The problem with this is, who would pay £100 million for him though?

The only clubs in Europe that can afford that are PSG, Man City, and Chelsea. 

If PSG know that they are going to lose one of Neymar or Mbappe, or both in the next 12 months, then they might go for him, but would he want to go there? 

9 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Fair enough, you’d much rather him than Div or Mini........................but for 40 fucking million?!!!!. We buy a Forward for 40m, I’d expect him to be better than Tammy fucking Abraham

2021 football isn’t for you my friend.