You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

51 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Joining the ESL means we will be able to correctly say; 

We haven't qualified for the  CL - therefore we can't spend any money this summer

We haven't qualified for the ESL - therefore we can't spend any money this summer

Win

Win

Melissa Reddy will do an article about how promoting three academy players is the way FSG are trying to stay in touch with the local fans.

I like how our side for next season is shaping up:

Alisson

Matip Gomez Kabak VVD Konate Fabinho Phillips Davies

Henderson

Salah

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I like how our side for next season is shaping up:

Alisson

Matip Gomez Kabak VVD Konate Fabinho Phillips Davies

Henderson

Salah

Ridiculous.

Davies will never play.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Konate, Neuhas, Malen and maybe Kabak. Sounds likely enough and providing we keep all the first team players bar Gini then it’ll likely improve us. I’d like a right back too though but I guess that’ll be Gomez when he’s fit and Trent my is resting.

Fee’s being quoted for those are -

Konate - £32m

Nehaus - £40m

Malen - £25m

Kabak - £18m (I reckon less). 

£115m outlay. I doubt we’ll get that back in sales. 

We can only have 18 non-home grown players in the 25 man squad.

Assume that’s Keheller, Trent, Gomez, Williams, Hendo, Milner, Jones & Ox.

Just now, Scott_M said:

Fee’s being quoted for those are -

Konate - £32m

Nehaus - £40m

Malen - £25m

Kabak - £18m (I reckon less). 

£115m outlay. I doubt we’ll get that back in sales. 

Does anybody know who many English players we need to have in the squad?

Think they could be close to half of that back. 

Shaqiri 12

Grujic 8

Origi 10

Wilson 10

Possibly Matip 15, plus big wages, Gini wages. 

Other possibles Kieta, Ox

Wouldn't be shocked to see Milner go. 

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Think they could be close to half of that back. 

Shaqiri 12

Grujic 8

Origi 10

Wilson 10

Possibly Matip 15, plus big wages, Gini wages. 

Other possibles Kieta, Ox

Wouldn't be shocked to see Milner go. 

I think any English players will be staying. 

Keita should be on his bike.

I think their could be truth in Leicester being interested in Keita. They’ll have one eye on Tielemans eventual replacement and they’ll know they can get Keita for a half or a third of what they’ll ask for Tielemans. Best case scenario is we get £20m/£25m for Naby, club might look to loan him to boost his value.

Origi would be closer to £20m than £10m I reckon. 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Apparently Christian Falk has said the Florian Neuhas wants to move to us in the summer. Talk is would be around 40ml

Gini replacement? I've watched them a few times and as much as I'd like to say I've been over and watched him in person, the pandemic shitcanned that trip. What type of midfielder is he?

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Sorry but what does Origi have now?

He has a reputation of scoring goals in the Premier League and Champions League. Why do you think no marks like ravel morrison and others go through a dozen clubs and still get offered deals?

Lots of football clubs dont take the fans' view of a player as so black and white. The clubs look at it as a sidelined player who can do the job in their team. Last season we'd have got well over £20m for origi. The club wouldnt have let him go for £10m last season.

8 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I’m far from his biggest fan but he’s better than a good few mid table premier league forwards. I reckon Villa, Palace, West Ham etc would all have interest in him as well as teams on the continent.

I'm not sure he is, because in my opinion his game simply hasn't kicked on since he's been at the club. He's had some purple patches goals-wise, and one spell before that blooshite yard dog crippled him where his overall game looked like it might finally be kicking on, but otherwise he just goes out there completely laid back.

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He has a reputation of scoring goals in the Premier League and Champions League. Why do you think no marks like ravel morrison and others go through a dozen clubs and still get offered deals?

Lots of football clubs dont take the fans' view of a player as so black and white. The clubs look at it as a sidelined player who can do the job in their team. Last season we'd have got well over £20m for origi. The club wouldnt have let him go for £10m last season.

He has scored 3 goals in the Champions League hasn't he? In the Barcelona and Spurs games. Big games, no doubt, but I think it may be a bit of a stretch to say he has a reputation of scoring goals in Champions league. 

A quick look at Wikipedia shows he has 7 goals in his last 50 league games (granted these will be largely subs) . I'm not sure this reputation thing is going to get the results you're after.