You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I think he's an intelligent bloke, not particularly lazy and has lots of good attributes as a player. But he seems to switch off far too often and then he doesn't react instinctively as the game unfolds around him. 

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

WHAT

It’s in Milner’s book. I though Milner was taking the piss out of Origi rather it being an actual story. 

Origi does have a permanently dopey look on his face, like he’s just woken up. 

Even when he scored in Madrid he didn’t looked arsed. In that moment, he was the calmest person ever connected to club. 

Anyway, his time is up with us. Thanks for the memories and I’ll donate to a Crowd Fund for his statue, but it’s the end of the road now. 

3 hours ago, Manny said:

The story about why he picked the ball out the net against Everton after THAT goal in the 96th minute sums him up - he just hadn't been paying attention and thought he'd scored the equaliser rather than the winner. I don't think he's particularly lazy - he (mostly) seems to cover the ground in matches, and I don't think he's particularly thick as he speaks several languages and comes across as smart enough.

He's just nonchalant, which is fine for a cult hero, but not for a player we really need to come in and be relied upon.

When I say he's thick, I don't mean he can't do his 8 times table. I mean he lacks football intelligence. I've played football with loads of fellas who could barely spell their own name, but they understood where to be on a football pitch. 

I’d take Depay as well as another but to be honest I was more excited about the links to that Donny Malen fella as at least he is an unknown quantity. With Depay I feel like we’re getting an upgrade on Shaqiri but potentially someone who turns in to the current Shaqiri as soon as he’s dropped or gets bollocked. Depay and Malen for Origi and Shaqiri sounds alright but if it was one or the other it’s a no on big hat Memphis.

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yes, available on a bosman. Today's story is about how much cleverer we are than man united if we get him on a bosman. 

Well, they bought him for about £30m five-odd years ago, and sold him for about half that 2 years later. He's a better player than he was back then but I'm not sure he's a player we need.

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yes, available on a bosman. Today's story is about how much cleverer we are than man united if we get him on a bosman. 

Signing a seasoned international and CL player, with the below stats, on a free transfer, wouldn’t be clever? More or less, a goal every other game. 

* Excluded the Man Utd stats because let’s face it, we wouldn’t have signed Salah based on his Chelsea stats. 

DE75E0BE-3C3D-4EA2-AE81-7EED8D5FE9CB.png

Depay doesn’t particularly float my boat, but neither did Jota and he’s obviously an upgrade on the rest. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Signing a seasoned international and CL player, with the below stats, on a free transfer, wouldn’t be clever? More or less, a goal every other game. 

* Excluded the Man Utd stats because let’s face it, we wouldn’t have signed Salah based on his Chelsea stats. 

DE75E0BE-3C3D-4EA2-AE81-7EED8D5FE9CB.png

Depay doesn’t particularly float my boat, but neither did Jota and he’s obviously an upgrade on the rest. 

It might be good business. But then minamino and shaq looked good business if you look at their fee and they didn't contribute much. I think depay got more of a crack of the whip than Salah did at Chelsea, so I don't think it's fair to drop his stats there. 

To be honest, I don't really get how this would work for us and him (unless it's just money on his side). He'd be an undoubted upgrade on Divock. However at his age, I think he should be looking for a team who would play him as pretty much 1st choice each week. I don't see how it works for him coming in behind the current 4. Personally, unless we're seeing one of the old front 3 leave this summer, I think a younger player would work best in that 5th slot who is really hungry and probably eases past firmino if he makes a good start. If one of the front 3 leave, I would expect a better solution than Depay. 

If he's coming in purely as 5th choice, it gives us a great bench if he can put up with that role, but I would really question a player at 27/28 or whatever he is going for that type of role. 

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It might be good business. But then minamino and shaq looked good business if you look at their fee and they didn't contribute much. I think depay got more of a crack of the whip than Salah did at Chelsea, so I don't think it's fair to drop his stats there. 

To be honest, I don't really get how this would work for us and him (unless it's just money on his side). He'd be an undoubted upgrade on Divock. However at his age, I think he should be looking for a team who would play him as pretty much 1st choice each week. I don't see how it works for him coming in behind the current 4. Personally, unless we're seeing one of the old front 3 leave this summer, I think a younger player would work best in that 5th slot who is really hungry and probably eases past firmino if he makes a good start. If one of the front 3 leave, I would expect a better solution than Depay. 

If he's coming in purely as 5th choice, it gives us a great bench if he can put up with that role, but I would really question a player at 27/28 or whatever he is going for that type of role. 

I genuinely don't think I've seen Barri be excited or see the positive about anything related to Liverpool...I'm a cynic too but come on man, not a healthy way to live!

1 minute ago, Salou said:

I genuinely don't think I've seen Barri be excited or see the positive about anything related to Liverpool...I'm a cynic too but come on man, not a healthy way to live!

Plenty of things to get excited in life than wanking yourself silly over random millionaire footballers because they're linked to us. I would question anyone who's excited by signing Depay! My suggestion would be the quality of your life needs improving if that's a high point!