You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Fucking hell. 

Screenshot_20210307-091952.jpg

It's interesting they haven't chosen to compare that to the impact that's been made by the player that money was spent on. 

Brewster, the English Mbappe, the reason why we never bought a forward after the Champions League win because it would hinder his progress to the first team. 

I'm sure in a year or so we will hear the same shit about Kaide Gordon or another one of the 16 year olds we have bought.

Brewster was so important to the first team that he barely played then was sold to fund a transfer for a 29 year old midfielder.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Brewster, the English Mbappe, the reason why we never bought a forward after the Champions League win because it would hinder his progress to the first team. 

I'm sure in a year or so we will hear the same shit about Kaide Gordon or another one of the 16 year olds we have bought.

Brewster was so important to the first team that he barely played then was sold to fund a transfer for a 29 year old midfielder.

Yeah but when we buy him back he is gonna be boss!

A year out of Europe really won’t affect us in terms of being a draw. I reckon players value the massive wedge we pay above all else anyway and the prestige of playing for Liverpool under Kloppo won’t vanish after one bad season. Our targets won’t be top tier either, Botman isn’t going to snub us for Leicester and players at Villa, Southampton and Wolves etc will still see us as a big move. Obviously it will hurt us finically which is the main barrier but that barrier was there when we won the twatting lot.

According the the media reports about Redwing investing into FSG last week, we were valued at £3 billion. 

Hopefully klopps sitting in his big chair with Ulla standing seductively behind him on the Zoom to Mike Gordon saying that he hopes nothing could ever happen to reduce that value. 

• Upvote 1

I love certain twitter and media outlets are still pushing the Mbappe shite

From the club pushing the no rebuild needed it sounds like they will try and keep as much of the squad together as they can, still wouldn't be shocked if one of Mane or Salah went as a way of bringing in the funds. 

I think we need to be looking at the next men to fit a front three and a plan B option,i don't just mean a big target man to throw aimless balls into but another option to change things up. Things have been stale for a while even when getting results but this is still a very very good squad. Ive said on other threads i would rather finish 8th than 5-7th as the money in the Europa and this shitty new 3rd competition just isn't there and while you can play the kids and fringe players the travel is still eating up the coaches time. Finishing 8th over the other 2 gives us a clear run domestically and if the squad is the same and fit they should be fresh all year and could be very good. No doubt a few players need to go but unless its a bosman free to fill out say a 4th choice CB,3rd string keeper i wouldn't be signing players over 25, this team is rapidly aging and many are in that same age group of 28-30.Last thing we need is when Klopp goes needing a full rebuild without the players you could sell to do it.

There seems to a fair few young forwards around, im sure others know them far better than i do as i watch little footballs these days but the likes of Patson Daka,Jeremy Doku,Donyell Malen seem to be highly regarded. 

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I love certain twitter and media outlets are still pushing the Mbappe shite

From the club pushing the no rebuild needed it sounds like they will try and keep as much of the squad together as they can, still wouldn't be shocked if one of Mane or Salah went as a way of bringing in the funds. 

I think we need to be looking at the next men to fit a front three and a plan B option,i don't just mean a big target man to throw aimless balls into but another option to change things up. Things have been stale for a while even when getting results but this is still a very very good squad. Ive said on other threads i would rather finish 8th than 5-7th as the money in the Europa and this shitty new 3rd competition just isn't there and while you can play the kids and fringe players the travel is still eating up the coaches time. Finishing 8th over the other 2 gives us a clear run domestically and if the squad is the same and fit they should be fresh all year and could be very good. No doubt a few players need to go but unless its a bosman free to fill out say a 4th choice CB,3rd string keeper i wouldn't be signing players over 25, this team is rapidly aging and many are in that same age group of 28-30.Last thing we need is when Klopp goes needing a full rebuild without the players you could sell to do it.

There seems to a fair few young forwards around, im sure others know them far better than i do as i watch little footballs these days but the likes of Patson Daka,Jeremy Doku,Donyell Malen seem to be highly regarded. 

I think right now there's an excellent argument for selling Mane if someone is interested or if he decides he wants to go. I'm not saying he's on a terminal decline or anything, but he's a good mix of still having a high enough standing in world football to attract a big fee, and his lack of production is worrying enough that we might not totally regret it either. If we had to sell one it'd be Firmino, but I doubt he has a big market. 

I'm not buying the no rebuild thing. It would be one thing if players were on long contracts, but all of the front 3 have only 2 years left. Logically, with how bad it's going right now, we're not extending all 3 as they turn 30. 

Yeah I agree about Mane. Especially as it's the rearranged Afcon next January. I could see us selling Mane, extending Salahs contract and letting Firmino go on a free in two years.

The only problem with cashing in on our top players is that very few clubs have actually got the cash to do it.

Just read that Man City have pulled out of any deal for Mbappe due to the high finances of the deal! I think we can safely assume he won't be coming here!

I think the owners just like the idea of him being linked with us because it will generate clicks and it gives the impression that we can sign the very best players, when in reality we are signing players from Preston and bottom of the league in Germany.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

Just read that Man City have pulled out of any deal for Mbappe due to the high finances of the deal! I think we can safely assume he won't be coming here!

I think the owners just like the idea of him being linked with us because it will generate clicks and it gives the impression that we can sign the very best players, when in reality we are signing players from Preston and bottom of the league in Germany.

Man City have probably decided that Ugly Boy from Dortmund is a better deal... 

14 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

to be fair, city did that with VVD too! (allegedly) 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

to be fair, city did that with VVD too! (allegedly) 

I think they have a similar philosophy to us in terms of having values for specific players they won't go over and not paying mega high transfer fees. But they have so much money they can buy multiple 60 million pound players every season. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think they have a similar philosophy to us in terms of having values for specific players they won't go over and not paying mega high transfer fees. But they have so much money they can buy multiple 60 million pound players every season. 

And pay them all fairly low wages keeping their wage bill on par with ours . Extraordinary.