You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Feel sorry for Manè. Nothings going right for him but the lad never stops trying. You’ll never see him hiding on the pitch.

He's definitely hiding in terms of getting into positions to at least take a shot never mind score. I can't remember seeing him have a shot in the whole of this bad run we're going through. 

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

He's definitely hiding in terms of getting into positions to at least take a shot never mind score. I can't remember seeing him have a shot in the whole of this bad run we're going through. 

After the attempt today you can see why.

4 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

In this moment, you can see clearly who is superior between Salah and Mane. When we can't create a decent chance because we have a failing style of football, the former has still been able to pull goals out of his ass. The latter can barely get himself close enough to the goal to shoot.

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

In this moment, you can see clearly who is superior between Salah and Mane. When we can't create a decent chance because we have a failing style of football, the former has still been able to pull goals out of his ass. The latter can barely get himself close enough to the goal to shoot.

To be fair he was in a good position for the airshot.

8 minutes ago, J-V said:

To be air he was in a good position for the airshot.

His anticipation in and around the box is abysmal. That chance at the end when Bobby went past Kante and crossed it, Mane was just too static in the middle. 

Bobby is playing atrocious but even he's getting shots in now and again but Mane seems to be avoiding taking in that responsibility at the moment. 

Klopps got to be seriously backed this summer otherwise he’ll walk.

Pep wouldn’t have won what we did with this squad and if he’s told again that he’s got to compete with nothing to spend while everyone else is spending like there’s no tomorrow then who could blame him for telling them to shove it. 

These cunts should be cheering him up by telling him Mbappe and Haaland are signed and sealed tomorrow, no matter what they cost and send him out with a big fucking equaliser. 

If villa and Brighton can find the money in a pandemic then we defo can. 

They can loan us the money if that’s what it takes. They’ll make

billions when they sell up, so give us our money back. 

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Klopps got to be seriously backed this summer otherwise he’ll walk.

Pep wouldn’t have won what we did with this squad and if he’s told again that he’s got to compete with nothing to spend while everyone else is spending like there’s no tomorrow then who could blame him for telling them to shove it. 

These cunts should be cheering him up by telling him Mbappe and Haaland are signed and sealed tomorrow, no matter what they cost and send him out with a big fucking equaliser. 

If villa and Brighton can find the money in a pandemic then we defo can. 

They can loan us the money if that’s what it takes. They’ll make

billions when they sell up, so give us our money back. 

We all know that won't happen unfortunately. They showed their true colours in June 2019 when they refused to sanction any new players and started making excuses via their local mouthpieces.

In October everyone knew Van Dijk was out for the season but nothing happened, no planning to get a good quality centre back. They only got forced into doing the absolute bare fucking minimum by buying a player who cost virtually nothing who the manager ant even be arsed playing and loaning a player only because we got a loan fee for another one of our cheapo signings. There were a few stories of bids for other players on the last day but it reeks of Bill Kenwright's failed medical routine. If they were intent on getting a replacement they would have got one earlier in the window but ended up getting told to fuck off because the selling club couldn't get a replacement in time. 

Shocking behaviour from the owners. I also think this has rubbed off on the general mood of the club. Some of our best players probably wouldn't want to sign extensions to their contracts now because they wouldn't want to commit to a club that has basically wasted a season out of their career.

We also always throw away the chance to win two trophies every year because the squad isnt large enough to try to win everything. So all the players have to compete for is the Premier League/top 4 and the Champions League. One of which we won't be in next season.

Instead of planning and maintaining a good level of competitiveness with gradual signings and a bit of ambition to replace players lost through injury, the players have to decide whether they want to stick around for another season or two of transition while Man City keep buying players, getting stronger and running away with the league.

The whole club is stuck in a rut at the moment and needs some decisive leadership & long term commitment from the owners but I dont think we are going to get it. So maybe some of the players are wondering whether there's a long term future at the club.

• Upvote 6

Fuck me.

Only we could go from that night a few short months ago lifting the title, where it felt the club was ready to start a new golden period - where the 30 year monkey on our back had finally been slayed and the future looked rosier than it has for decades to this....

43 pts from 27 games.

5 home league defeats on bounce.

5 defeats in 6.

Relegation form since before Christmas.

Have not scored from open play in more than 10 hours at Anfield.

Just 10 points from 11 Premier League games in 2021

Squad in pieces.

We've been poor for a whole year and loads of players are now visibly sick and tired. If we're honest, there aren't many players right now we should shed a tear for if they're sold. We know the investment on its own won't be there, we just need to be smart about who we sell and replace. He's not blameless either, but the club's star is Klopp, not these players. We need to rejuvenate him by giving him some fresh legs and minds to work with. 

50 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fuck me.

Only we could go from that night a few short months ago lifting the title, where it felt the club was ready to start a new golden period - where the 30 year monkey on our back had finally been slayed and the future looked rosier than it has for decades to this....

43 pts from 27 games.

5 home league defeats on bounce.

5 defeats in 6.

Relegation form since before Christmas.

Have not scored from open play in more than 10 hours at Anfield.

Just 10 points from 11 Premier League games in 2021

Squad in pieces.

Because they are all shithouses mate.

We always try to act like we are above everything. That we are fair and nice and proper. But when the chips are down that gets you nowhere. Mane should hang his head tonight staying on his feet. How many times have we been stung for that? If that was Werner he would have gone down.

We should have been all over the VAR decisions and referees when that all kicked off.

We should have threatened the Premier League over VDVs injury

We should fight tooth and nail for every free kick, but we just shrug our shoulders.

We should be in the referees face on every decision

We should be trying to buy every free kick and penalty in the book.

I don't give a shit if its not jurgens way, its modern footballs way and we've stood by and let everyone piss all over us.

We have no edge. Remember when Jurgen used to rally everyone before the match and exclaim angrily that these teams want to steal the points off us? Where is that man now? He's as meek as a lamb. If its the loss of his mother, he shouldn't be working, he should be away from this sport and someone should take over who is game and ready and focused because he looks totally the opposite of who we know him as.

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Because they are all shithouses mate.

We always try to act like we are above everything. That we are fair and nice and proper. But when the chips are down that gets you nowhere. Mane should hang his head tonight staying on his feet. How many times have we been stung for that? If that was Werner he would have gone down.

We should have been all over the VAR decisions and referees when that all kicked off.

We should have threatened the Premier League over VDVs injury

We should fight tooth and nail for every free kick, but we just shrug our shoulders.

We should be in the referees face on every decision

We should be trying to buy every free kick and penalty in the book.

I don't give a shit if its not jurgens way, its modern footballs way and we've stood by and let everyone piss all over us.

We have no edge. Remember when Jurgen used to rally everyone before the match and exclaim angrily that these teams want to steal the points off us? Where is that man now? He's as meek as a lamb. If its the loss of his mother, he shouldn't be working, he should be away from this sport and someone should take over who is game and ready and focused because he looks totally the opposite of who we know him as.

I definitely think there is a meekness about us and has been for a while....when form is bad and confidence is low you need fight, more than ever - and we lack it.

A bit of snideness always helps too - we have none.

A lack of leaders on the park? 

OK our injuries have been devestating, but our reaction has been really poor - something is wrong, this isn't a blip, or just a dodgy run - this is deeper and more concerning and attitude, fight, desire is a part of it.

We need to sort it and quickly....thing is i don't really see any hurt or anger from us, just a meek acceptance and then sleep walk into next defeat hoping that the same things will yield different results.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

I definitely think there is a meekness about us and has been for a while....when form is bad and confidence is low you need fight, more than ever - and we lack it.

A bit of snideness always helps too - we have none.

A lack of leaders on the park? 

OK our injuries have been devestating, but our reaction has been really poor - something is wrong, this isn't a blip, or just a dodgy run - this is deeper and more concerning and attitude, fight, desire is a part of it.

We need to sort it and quickly....thing is i don't really see any hurt or anger from us, just a meek acceptance and then sleep walk into next defeat hoping that the same things will yield different results.

What happened to Sadio summed this club up to a tee currently.

Kovacevic blasts the ball at point blank range into his head and no one reacted. I couldn't believe it. No one reacted to one of our lads, whilst lying on the deck gets the ball blasted into his head.

Gang of shithouses the lot of them.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats the Champions you are talking about. You aren't a Liverpool supporter. You can wank into your sock and tell your friends on fifa.web.callofduty . mum cook my dinner . com that you are but you aren't. You haven't got a fucking clue. 

9 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What happened to Sadio summed this club up to a tee currently.

Kovacevic blasts the ball at point blank range into his head and no one reacted. I couldn't believe it. No one reacted to one of our lads, whilst lying on the deck gets the ball blasted into his head.

Even mane didn't react. He seems to be treating it all like a training game at the moment. The pen incident, the air shot, the blast in the head. All of those reactions are what you'd expect in a warm up game against the u23s. Maybe some of them just can't get into it properly with the ground empty. Has that short period having fans back hurt us even more as they got a taste and then it went backwards and they're just struggling? I don't know who listens without the fan noise (I normally do), it is fucking weird. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats the Champions you are talking about. You aren't a Liverpool supporter. You can wank into your sock and tell your friends on fifa.web.callofduty . mum cook my dinner . com that you are but you aren't. You haven't got a fucking clue. 

He's right about them being meek and showing no fight though.

The 'they are the champions' shout only holds up for so long.

Its like a fighter winning the world title and then curling up in a ball in his first defence as his opponent twats him all over the place and rips his title from him 'he won the world title' as a shout means nothing at that point really.

That’s the most annoying thing of the whole game for me last night. Yes the subs were a joke, the way the team was set up was a joke, the players feeling sorry for themselves is a joke, but to stand there and do nothing when someone blasts the ball at your teammates head is pathetic and shows a lack of balls, a lack of desire, fight and passion.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yadda yada.

Current Chumps more like. I've seen more fight on a saturday in the Zinghari Vets league.

Forget last season, thats over now. Thats why Paisley, Fagan, Kenny and Shanks built a dynasty, because it was always about the now. Apart from us fans no one cares about last years League or the year befores Champions League, its about whats available now.

As for not having a clue, I played at a decent level, I played in the FA Cup, FA Vase etc and even at the lower end of the football spectrum it was ruthless and there was an expectancy to put in effort and sweat and fight for everything even if the team was struggling. If it wasn't rectified players where bombed out and eventually the manager.

• Downvote 1

Botman: 20-30 million * a lot of the other young players we should target would be about that price range as well. I like Schurrs at Ajax also. 

Lamptey: 35 million - English tax but a proper player. Genuine cover for Trent and possibly cover in other positions.

Maddison: 70 million: Arguably a better player than Grealish and definitely a sounder lad. A lovely player.

A top forward/winger: Might be very expensive but absolutely essential.

Gini replacement: I like that Grovenbach lad at Ajax. Probably not cheap though as he is very good and only 18/19. Maybe a double swoop for Schurrs and him. I doubt Ajax are loaded. Tielemans would be a great addition but he is probably near 100 million.

That would be the dream summer. If we even did half that this summer, I'd feel happier.

17 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Botman: 20-30 million * a lot of the other young players we should target would be about that price range as well. I like Schurrs at Ajax also. 

Lamptey: 35 million - English tax but a proper player. Genuine cover for Trent and possibly cover in other positions.

Maddison: 70 million: Arguably a better player than Grealish and definitely a sounder lad. A lovely player.

A top forward/winger: Might be very expensive but absolutely essential.

Gini replacement: I like that Grovenbach lad at Ajax. Probably not cheap though as he is very good and only 18/19. Maybe a double swoop for Schurrs and him. I doubt Ajax are loaded. Tielemans would be a great addition but he is probably near 100 million.

That would be the dream summer. If we even did half that this summer, I'd feel happier.

And all of those lads would come whether or not we're in the Champions League next season with the exception perhaps of a top forward or winger. 

I've been banging the drum about Lamptey for a while. Quality player and gives us the option of Trent in midfield.