You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Neuhaus seems plausible. The rest, not really. 

Milenkovic would be.

Only young with a relatively low fee and moderate wages. Fiorentina are finishing way outside the European spots, so will be under pressure to sell and get the best deal they can for arguably their biggest current asset. I can't see Milenkovic signing a new contract with them, and I reckon he'll be on the move come the summer.

Can play both centre back and right back. Good in the air and very strong. Picks up a few bookings though.

Could certainly see him being a player we'd look at.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Milenkovic would be.

Only young with a relatively low fee and moderate wages. Fiorentina are finishing way outside the European spots, so will be under pressure to sell and get the best deal they can for arguably their biggest current asset. I can't see Milenkovic signing a new contract with them, and I reckon he'll be on the move come the summer.

Can play both centre back and right back. Good in the air and very strong. Picks up a few bookings though.

Could certainly see him being a player we'd look at.

I'm assuming we're keeping the centre backs we've acquired in January and that Matip, Gomez and Virgil all come back. 

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Been linked by more than a few journos. Anybody got any insights on him? I haven't been able to watch Bundesliga this season at all.

I watched a handful of Gladbach games after the restart last season, and I can’t stay he stood out. Their left back Bensebaini looked a good player, and I liked Thuram, a real handful.

We've not been linked to any, but I'd like to see a decent right back brought in who can both deputize for Trent and free him up to play in midfield on occasion. Neco Williams is too far away, quality-wise, to be that player and Milner should not be playing consecutive games at full-back. 

That Lamptey lad at Brighton looks the business. Great cross on him, though he needs work defensively. I also like Max Aarons at Norwich - he'd be a quality option to challenge/step-in. 

There was a belting article on The Echo site about us being linked to Varane and how signing  Thiago shows how we might be ready to change strategy in the transfer market. If anything the fact Thiago hasn’t taken the league by storm will be used to show that we shouldn’t sign players of that ilk by the money men. It also said that being linked to Mbappe, Haaland and Varane shows how far we’ve come. Obviously The Echo being the only outlet to seriously link us to said players has nothing to do with that stance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

There was a belting article on The Echo site about us being linked to Varane and how signing  Thiago shows how we might be ready to change strategy in the transfer market. If anything the fact Thiago hasn’t taken the league by storm will be used to show that we shouldn’t sign players of that ilk by the money men. It also said that being linked to Mbappe, Haaland and Varane shows how far we’ve come. Obviously The Echo being the only outlet to seriously link us to said players has nothing to do with that stance.

I read that article. The echo reported it like we'd spent about 200m too and we'd smashed the bank to make the deal happen. The reality is we got him for about a Dominic Solanke.