You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

On 21/02/2021 at 12:08, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's not nailed on that the CL will be back to normal next season, I think it's highly likely to be beset by logistical problems due to Covid. For that reason, I'm not arsed about qualifying for it this year. 

As for the money, well that's a test of FSGs mettle. We'll soon know if they're friend or foe. 

As for players, I think the sell is simple, "we will win the PL and FA Cup".  Which we would, with no CL distraction. 

I'd sell Alisson, Firmino, Tsimikas, Matip, Origi, and Salah. 

I don't see Salah sticking around with no CL.  May even extend to Mane, but it's a cunts trick, player 1 gets sold for £xxm but player 2 gets sold for more, as we don't need to sell player 2 but we get our arm twisted. 

Alisson, meh, if someone wants to offer us our money back then I think we take it.  He looks freezing most of the year. 

Matip is done,.time to cash in while people still see a good defender there for £20m. 

Firmino, fuck me, if we get an offer of £20m I'd be very happy and surprised. 

Origi and Tsimikas need firing into the sun.  

I'd pursue Bissouma, Lamptey, Eze, Adama Traore, Soucek, see what's what.  

Then the big money signings, the potential big fish like Grealish, that needs a case by case approach.  

Wes Fofana

Jack Grealish

Erling Haaland

Kylian Mbappe

Jadon Sancho

Have at it.  Personally I'd like to see Sancho and I don't think the others are attainable.  

There are free-scoring lower level players put there, like Giorgos Giakoumakis, Donyell Malen, Paul Onuachu, Patson Daka, Andre Silva, Thomas Henry, Jean Pierre Nsame, etc. 

It's a good point about the Champions League being a shadow of it's former self right now. The financial prizes are probably a lot lower than previously.

Was reading that the Marseille centre half was the one we really wanted back in January and a deal was almost done. Cash plus Origi going the other way but Marseille backed out at the last minute as they couldn’t get the centre back in they had lined up to replace him. 

Win / Win for Marseille in the end there. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Didn't take them long to start leaking to the mouthpieces. Soon to be certain players might want to move on and Liverpool see it as a chance to rebuild around Elliot and Jones

Screenshot_20210222_161710_com.twitter.android.jpg

We might lose out on Kabak and Minamino and other equally exciting summer targets! 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Didn't take them long to start leaking to the mouthpieces. Soon to be certain players might want to move on and Liverpool see it as a chance to rebuild around Elliot and Jones

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah it’s like when we won the CL and all those top players signed.........

I was going to so just the same, like fellas have been flying through the door. We've been getting told for 2 years we're skint and we're that fucking brilliant it's hard to find players good enough to improve us and if we did find them they wouldn't come anyway as we can't guarantee a 1st team place. What shocks me is these cunts like Pearce have no shame about promoting this utter shite. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

What! Players won't be forming a queue to come and join a side in the uefa conference league?

Surely not!

I see espn's, Mark Ogden is giving it. No money as all prize money as been swallowed for operating costs due to covid. No crowds as ballsed us up. Fuck that talk. Newly promoted sides will spend more than us Id bet. 

Paupers we aren't but Henry and co love playing up to that tag. 

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Knew he'd say that. 

I get why he is saying 'no massive rebuild is needed' - whether agree or not is a matter of opinion, but the worrying part for me is him saying not sure if will be able to do what wants in Summer.

Only time will tell of course.

It's hard in my view to not call what we need a rebuild though.

For me we obviously have a problem at centre half with 1 at least and maybe 2 required (suppose it depends on if keep Kabak)...i know some will still say Matip has a part to play and of course only what Klopp decides matters, but for me its a no, he can't be trusted and we should not take risk.

In midfield we are likely to lose Wijnaldum (our most reliable player in there fitness wise)....Milner is surely done now, Keita in same boat as Matip, Oxlade as well - that has to mean we add in midfield.

I think most people would agree we require an improvement in forward cover - Origi out, someone in probably.

That is quite a lot and maybe can't be done in one window.

I suppose a lot will depend on what dead wood we can shift and how much that brings in and if can shift the sick notes.

What we can't do for me is rely on those same sick notes again and leave ourselves short of depth again.

59 minutes ago, an tha said:

What we can't do for me is rely on those same sick notes again and leave ourselves short of depth again.

Yeah, about that...

If we do end up missing out on the CL this season Im afraid next season will be all about doing as little as possible and trying to scrape into the CL qualification spots. I'd be surprised if we shipped out all or even most of the walking dead we seem to stockpile as they'd need replacing.

On 22/02/2021 at 18:43, TheHowieLama said:

ahead of a possible swoop

Swoop - there it is 

Swoop - there it is

Shaka laka Shaka laka Shaka laka laka

Which word has more promise; potential or possible? 

Alisson and Kevin

TAA , Robbo , Tsimikas , another rb.

VvD , Gomez , another , Matip , Phillips / Williams

Fab , Hendo , Thiago , Jones , one of Naby / Ox , another.

Mo , Sadio , Bobby , Jota , another.

The likes of Shaq , Origi , Minamino , Grujic , Wilson , Milner depends on offers and Jurgen's judgement

34 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Alisson and Kevin

TAA , Robbo , Tsimikas , another rb.

VvD , Gomez , another , Matip , Phillips / Williams

Fab , Hendo , Thiago , Jones , one of Naby / Ox , another.

Mo , Sadio , Bobby , Jota , another.

The likes of Shaq , Origi , Minamino , Grujic , Wilson , Milner depends on offers and Jurgen's judgement

Agree with this, a good summary of what we should aim for. And two of those ‘another’ players would need to be top class imo. The CB and the attacking player. If we manage that, and add some good youngsters in addition I’ll be fine with that. 

Ideally we’d sell Matip, Keita and Ox as well, and replace them with players in the age bracket 20-24, good enough to be an option and with potential to be regulars. But I dont think it’s realistic to do all of that in one window, as you say it depends not least on offers. 

• Upvote 1

Allan st Maximin looks like he could be a decent player in the right team.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mbappe playing center back next season, I think we need to ask if any future transfers coming in can play as a defender because knowing our recent luck they will have to fill in there at some point.

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I know it's only Twitter so it's barely worth bog roll, but those comments they've padded out the article with all telling Gini to fuck off - have they not been watching us this season? He's basically the last man standing in midfield.

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling this summer is going to be a really strange one, and if we miss out on Champions League next season, a really bad one for us.

Don't think people appreciate the hole in our finances caused by the pandemic. Plus, we were probably counting on solving a lot of the problem of our huge wage bill for aging players by selling one of the front three to Barca or Madrid. But with those two in an even bigger financial hole, they aren't going to be coming in with 100m+ bids for Salah or Mane.

We need to get younger, we need to get deeper, and if we have to do it without the CL money, it could be a pretty disappointing summer for the transfer junkies.

19 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I have a feeling this summer is going to be a really strange one, and if we miss out on Champions League next season, a really bad one for us.

Don't think people appreciate the hole in our finances caused by the pandemic. Plus, we were probably counting on solving a lot of the problem of our huge wage bill for aging players by selling one of the front three to Barca or Madrid. But with those two in an even bigger financial hole, they aren't going to be coming in with 100m+ bids for Salah or Mane.

We need to get younger, we need to get deeper, and if we have to do it without the CL money, it could be a pretty disappointing summer for the transfer junkies.

Agree with all of that but also if we could keep this side together without Champions league football( and if we miss top 4 i hope we avoid the Europa league too) as with only domestic competitions and with a small outlay to sort the midfield and cover up top we would have a amazing chance to win the league again. 

I mean id rather do both obviously 

The owners need to invest this summer if we don't make the top 4, not City like money but enough to get the players in needed and to top up the fees on the deadwood

• Upvote 1