You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

And how are you paying his wages? We'd need to sell half the squad. And he'd only block the path of Fidel O'Rourke to the 1st team. 

If O’ Rourke ever makes the grade, we should really be bringing in Che Adams from Southampton too. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Any chance the U23's can develop a half decent attacker?  

Glatzel has a chance if the poor lad can stay clear of the injuries that have plagued him in his young career. 

Layton Stewart is a talented lad. Had a few struggles with the step up to the 23s initially, but he's still only 18. I get plenty of Torres vibes from the lad.

The 16 year old lad Kaide Gordon who we signed from Derby is rated as one of the best players in the country in his age group.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lario said:

Young Haaland for me.

The lad is an absolute freak of nature.

not so sure i think he would end up like Werner to be honest, but then on the other hand i suppose it depends on the supply he would get.But then if you want to go full on fantasy football and maximise the amount of cash you could bring in on our front 3 before they start to devalue then you could go Jota Haaland Mbappe.....totally fantasy football though 

53 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Glatzel has a chance if the poor lad can stay clear of the injuries that have plagued him in his young career. 

Layton Stewart is a talented lad. Had a few struggles with the step up to the 23s initially, but he's still only 18. I get plenty of Torres vibes from the lad.

The 16 year old lad Kaide Gordon who we signed from Derby is rated as one of the best players in the country in his age group.

He's the one.

Perfect fit.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gumsy said:

Unfortunately I think Haaland will end up in Manchester. Either at City where his dad played or even worse at United as he has played under Ole before.

Yeah I reckon it will be one of the two. With Aguero getting past it youd think City would be salivating over Haaland with their unlimited finances and creative book keeping.

Haaland has a release clause that activates in summer 2022 doesn't he? If so, and given his agent is that leech Raiola, he's going nowhere before then, because come 2022 when he's available for £60m (to Dortmund), it brings more clubs to the table and they'll have to compete to secure his services in ways Raiola likes: agent fees, signing on fees, bigger wages, guarantees of involvement in future transfers, that type of thing.

No way he moves on the open market before that kind of shit kicks in.

• Upvote 1

PSG can set whatever price they like.  If Mbappe wants to run his contract down he will be walking away for fuck all next year.  If they actually want money for him then it won’t be 173m.

The Maitland Niles stuff from Ardja is comical though.  The lad has gone on loan to West Brom because he’s sick of being on the bench.  He clearly wants a career and be playing every week.  Why on earth would he come here where he would be absolutely guaranteed to be in an even worse position than he is at Arsenal?

3 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Would any of these be getting near the Man City starting XI?

That's the level. 

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

That's the level. 

Only if they cost £50m+.

Ive said many times, I dont want Liverpool to be a cheaper version of abramovich's chelsea or mansour's city where you just go out with your cheque book and wave it under a club and player's nose. We might be able to buy one headline player or two if we sell one of our own big hitters.

Yes, the way we do it is harder, takes longer and requires more effort. You have more chance of buying duds but both the club's and Jurgen's eye has meant we've had very few recently.

22 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

That's the level. 

Glatzel is a wonderful player and 2 bad injuries have not helped. Stewart is a great finisher but is only 18. Where are the players at City near their first team at that age? Torres cost £20m and was established and a bit of a cunt if to be believed, the fee is probably higher too. I think we need more young attackers, I think Klopp does too. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Glatzel is a wonderful player and 2 bad injuries have not helped. Stewart is a great finisher but is only 18. Where are the players at City near their first team at that age? Torres cost £20m and was established and a bit of a cunt if to be believed, the fee is probably higher too. I think we need more young attackers, I think Klopp does too. 

Its very lucrative too , Brewster, Solanke and Ibe earned us @£60m

• Upvote 1

Don't see us signing Mbappe this summer. Way too much money for a player with one year left on his contract, especially in Corona times. If we're going to have the slightest of chances he has to stay at PSG till his contract is running out and then he has to accept a wage (way?) below the one he's at currently. Don't really see that happening though. 

Most people know about the lads from the 23s that are in and around the first team these days; Clarkson, Cain, Koumetio, Rhys & Neco Williams. I still hold out hope for Ben Woodburn too, but he's just getting to the age where he needs to make that step or he'll need to move on for the good of his own career.

We've got a good group of youngsters currently in and around the 18s. Possibly the best collection of youngsters that we've had at the same time coming through that I can recall.

A couple of the recruits from last summer are starting to really show why the club went out and got them, I'm talking about Frauendorf and Musialowski here. Both 17 and look to be very exciting forward thinking players, either in wide areas or in the number 10 role.

Then, on top of those 2, there's James Balagizi who has a lot of tools to be a really good player as he matures. Tyler Morton has already made the jump to the 23s and has done really well. Isaac Mabaya is another name to keep track of - only 16 but has been up with the 18s for a while now.

Dominic Corness, Conor Bradley and Tom Hill are also good looking prospects, though Tom has been out for some time through injury. Not forgetting about James Norris and Owen Beck who look to be perfect understudies to Robbo at left back.

Then finally, there's the keepers that we've stockpiled. Pitaluga has looked good since he came in, needs to work on his strength, but he's just 17. Jakub Ojrzynski and Vitezslav Jaros are also fine goalkeeping prospects.

Obviously there are no guarantees that any of the above make it into the first team here, but they are top prospects, so hopefully with the right coaching and guidance from those close to them, they'll at least give themselves a chance to make the big step.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

United paying £37 million for Amad Diallo is a transfer that somehow seems to have gone under the radar.

Paying that sort of fee for an 18 year old with almost no senior football under his belt seems crazy. He must have a huge amount of potential? 

??

Teenage winger Amad Diallo, a £19m signing from Atalanta, has been registered in United's Europa League squad and could make his debut.

25 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

??

Teenage winger Amad Diallo, a £19m signing from Atalanta, has been registered in United's Europa League squad and could make his debut.

On 5 October 2020, Manchester United agreed to sign Diallo in January 2021, pending the agreement of personal terms, passing a medical and the issue of a work permit.[14][15] The reported fee was of €25 million – €40 million including bonuses