You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

6 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Didn't he run around cupping his ear to the Kop to celebrate when he scored a goal that was then disallowed last year? 

I'm a fickle so and so therefore he can do one.

He did. I was in the Kop for that match and gave him my portion of the abuse he received. But I wouldn’t reject him based on that. Klopp will make sure we check any signings character and mentality properly before we sign them, and if he’s happy with it I’m not worried.

56 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He did. I was in the Kop for that match and gave him my portion of the abuse he received. But I wouldn’t reject him based on that. Klopp will make sure we check any signings character and mentality properly before we sign them, and if he’s happy with it I’m not worried.

I don't really see that as a problem anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Sell Salah and buy Neto

Where exactly are the goals coming from. Jota had a good mini run of form but without Salah we only have Mane as a reliable goal scorer. 

If Salah goes we need another wide man that will score or proper 9. 

Cant think of many wide men we could get who's numbers are good outside of Sancho. The talk of him being overrated is hilarious turns 21 in March and has 43 goals, 57 assists in 126 games. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You can't sell Salah unless you replace him with a guaranteed source of goals. Sancho would be an excellent Mane replacement if he was the one to go. 

Mane has struggled in so many games this season. I expected him to be the main man this year, he hasn't been. Still class like and I don't want him or Salah to leave. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mane has struggled in so many games this season. I expected him to be the main man this year, he hasn't been. Still class like and I don't want him or Salah to leave. 

Yeah if we’re looking to offload one of the front three it’s pretty obvious who we should let go.

Regardless of where we finish this season, surely, surely FSG now have to actually back Klopp with money for players he might want to address any issues with the squad he identifies. They haven't given him any transfer budget since we bought Keita, I think?

On 14/02/2021 at 14:03, aRdja said:

Maitland-Niles would be my choice. He’s as comfortable on the left as he is on the right.

Yeah, he's equally shite on both wings.

He can't even get into a dogshit Arsenal side ffs.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, etho said:

Regardless of where we finish this season, surely, surely FSG now have to actually back Klopp with money for players he might want to address any issues with the squad he identifies. They haven't given him any transfer budget since we bought Keita, I think?

you'd have thought if there was a time to back him it was january 1st with a half decent centre back. i am beginning to think they just don't give a fuck ........

• Upvote 2