You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ozan Kabak

VladimirIlyich

5 hours ago, m0e said:

Anyone still think we should have kept him?

I think it depends on the scenario. Konate is maybe a better player (although the jury is clearly still out there), but Phillips could have gone and we did come into the season with 3 centre backs on 3 big injuries, so I think going into the season with 5 was a good idea, even if we thin that down later. Let's be honest, Matip's continued fitness is a surprise. I've not seen much of him at Norwich to be honest except a cunt of a tackle one weekend on motd. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it depends on the scenario. Konate is maybe a better player (although the jury is clearly still out there)

You can't be serious?

Are you saying the jury was in on Kabak?

11 minutes ago, m0e said:

You can't be serious?

Are you saying the jury was in on Kabak?

I thought kabak was alright after 1 or 2 difficult games at the start. Up to now honestly I haven't thought konate was much better than alright (I'm not saying he's bad, I'm just not excited by him either) and he's been able to find his feet in a stable team, we didn't get the chance to see kabak in that environment, he was dropped in at an awful time in the middle of that disastrous period. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought kabak was alright after 1 or 2 difficult games at the start. Up to now honestly I haven't thought konate was much better than alright (I'm not saying he's bad, I'm just not excited by him either) and he's been able to find his feet in a stable team, we didn't get the chance to see kabak in that environment, he was dropped in at an awful time in the middle of that disastrous period. 

I'll have to disagree mate. Konate absolutely dominated the opposition at both Old Trafford and the San Siro.

Kabak never showed anything like dominating anyone.

Just now, m0e said:

I'll have to disagree mate. Konate absolutely dominated the opposition at both Old Trafford and the San Siro.

Kabak never showed anything like dominating anyone.

I reckon I'd have had a good go at the San siro. As for the old Trafford game, we weren't terrific defensively that day I didn't think and neither was he, a couple of times getting drawn to the ball and leaving the space for a runner. As I said before, I'm not saying he's not a good player, I'm just not excited by him, I see him as a young talent with miles to go. I know he's a big lad and all that and looks pretty quick, but I've seen enough in his game so far to know he has plenty of weaknesses and it remains to be seen how he improves them.